Taylor Townsend Thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #136
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

Sad USTA won't pay for her too go too Australian Open, will she be playing ITF at the start of the year

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM   #137
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Lagardere has signed Taylor Townsend, 16, #1 ranked junior tennis player. She'lll go pro in 2013, playing limited sked due to WTA age limits https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ/statu...24678721200129

But with the "merited increase" and the fact that she barely played in 2012 , she will be able to play a lot
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #138
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #139
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

(1/wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. Ivana Jorovic (SRB) 76(1) 76(6)

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #140
country flag Trey

It Taylor took her 6 match points too finish the match, not good something Taylor gonna have too work on

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #141
country flag Trey

An Article on how the match went

On Monday morning, Lagardere Unlimited announced it had signed ITF World Junior No. 1 Taylor Townsend to a representation contract. Townsend and her family had been talking with the company, which represents current and former World No. 1s Victoria Azarenka and Caroline Wozniacki as well as young Americans Sloane Stephens and Melanie Oudin, since the US Open in September.

"I thought it was all about timing, and was really ready and really excited," said the 16-year-old from Georgia. "Lagardere has been showing interest for a while and my mom was talking with them for a while and we got a chance to meet in New York. It was over time, it wasn't just an instant decision. There was a lot of thought put into it, and I was really excited and I thought now was the right time."

Townsend, who made her decision right before Thanksgiving, was back on the court Monday in the first round of the Orange Bowl, after falling in the third round of the Eddie Herr last week. The No. 1 seed had a tough match with 15-year-old Ivana Jorovic of Serbia, needing six match points and over two hours to post a 7-6(1), 7-6(6) victory.

Townsend was down 3-0 and two breaks in the first set before winning four games in a row, as Jorovic used her power from the backhand side to keep Townsend away from the net. Townsend raised her game in the opening tiebreaker, while Jorovic's level plunged, with unforced errors and a double fault, as well as two Townsend drop shot winners, proving her undoing.

Townsend got a break to take a 3-2 lead in the second set and held it until she served for the match at 5-4. Jorovic saved three match points in the game, one with a vicious forehand winner, then took the game with a backhand winner. Serving at 5-6, Townsend saved a set point at 30-40 with an inside in forehand winner and held to force a second tiebreaker.

With her forehand balky at times early in the match, Townsend finally began to get consistency from it in the tiebreaker. She used two forehand winners to earn a 5-3 lead in the tiebreaker, then got a backhand error from Jorovic a point later to earn two more match points. A good return from Jorovic forced an error for 6-5, then another backhand winner, this one on the line made it 6-6. Townsend earned her sixth match point when Jorovic sent a forehand wide, and this time she converted, hitting a forehand winner after some excellent defense when Jorovic seemed to control the point.

"I don't think I played too well," said Townsend, who went directly from Stadium Court to a practice court to work on her serve with USTA National Coach Kathy Rinaldi. "You're not going to have great days every day, and I'm just glad I was able to get through it. Mentally I was able to stay in there even though I had my chances in both sets. It was really close and she was playing really well."

Townsend will meet Indy de Vroome of the Netherlands in the second round. De Vroome beat Townsend at last year's Orange Bowl in the third round.

"I'm excited to play her again," Townsend said. "She's a good player and I think it's going to be a good match. I'm not going to reminisce about last year--it's one full year later, and a lot has happened in that year--but I'm looking forward to playing that match.

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #142
country flag Trey

(1/wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. Indy de Vroome (NED) 76(6) 64

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #143
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep hitting your way back into form Taylor!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #144
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Go Taylor!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #145
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor

I'm glad to see the 2nd rd match was a bit easier than the 1st rd

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Dec 6th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #146
country flag Trey

(1/wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. (13)Katy Dunne (GBR) 64 64

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #147
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Good win against a good opponent!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #148
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #149
country flag Trey

(1/wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. (5)Carol Zhao (CAN) 75 57 76(2)

Had a 5-1 lead in the third set Taylor gotta stop choking in big moments

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #150
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 8th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote