General Aussie Tennis News - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #436
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

Oh it's the TA site that's down. Try straight from youtube that is working for me now.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM   #437
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

phew looks like we didn't miss anything important just a bit of chatting!
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #438
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

God I hate the Hewitt ass kissing...
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #439
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

He has been amazing in Davis Cup. Can't take that away from him.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #440
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
He has been amazing in Davis Cup. Can't take that away from him.
Lost his recent 4 singles matches and the Ties, but whatever...
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM   #441
country flag binky-GOAT

Ash was named the winner of junior award before the nominees were named, oops
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #442
country flag binky-GOAT

Poor Matosevic, they are really treating him like a child. He owes nothing to them.

Fuck the old farts in Tennis Australia, for them if you don't play like Hewitt you are nothing.

Australian tennis players can only improve if we get coaches that develop real tennis skills at a young age, which is not just having a big heart and running like your life depended on it.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #443
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

The TA system is sick and needs a major overhaul. But will it change? Most TA officials I've met have an arrogant streak about them, not sure why as they produce nothing. The players we have were started off by private coaches in the first place.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #444
country flag binky-GOAT

Exactly. Roger Rasheed everyone knows is a shit coach, Tomic's dad had criticized him a few years ago that he was just a fitness coach, which is absolutely true. Whenever you listen what he has to say, all he talks about is footwork and movement, or which player seems to be cramping first.

Then there's the senile Tony Roche, not sure how he's even allowed to coach. Must have deep connections in TA.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #445
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm you might make some valid points about Rasheed (however this is the type of coach some players need!!) but I personally think you are way out of line with those Roche comments.

Hewitt, Federer....one of the best ever and a very good player both rate him as a coach....Sophie Ferguson was at her best after working with him......

The TA system has some flaws yes but we must also recognize the great work coaches like Jason Stoltenberg do with Ash Barty etc
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #446
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Lets not forget Ash Barty is a natural at the game and a product of Jim Joyce originally. The TA system does not create players, or take raw potential and develop it into something. It rides on the creation of others, and in a lot of cases, then stuffs it up. (Peers, Holland, Moore, Golds etc). Those happy with TA are likely those who benefit from the biased system. But engineering results short term will not work in the long term. I'm told most in AIS are on "wildcards" anyway and don't meet criteria, eg someone 17-18 years old (next gen) is supposed to be already within top WTA 220, but not sure who is at that level or whether the TA national academies or AIS can even produce that. We have enough raw talent starting in the sport, but no ability to harness and develop that into world class athletes.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #447
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Heard a great interview with Paul MacNamee a few weeks ago on the radio. He used much of the time bagging out TA which was good listening. He blames the demise of Australian tennis on the current system on ‘squads’ and AIS etc… and believes if we kept in the system that was in place in pre-80’s in that promoting and fostering tennis clubs around the country we would have greater participation and better success in transitioning players into the tour.

The club system is still successful in Germany, France, Spain who have greater participation and success than Australia these days. Paul believes we are hell-bent on getting players in the ‘system’ as soon as possible which doesn’t promote their individuality and removes them from their own coaching structure that has worked well for them.

The host asked Paul if TA would ever change back to the club system and he said with the current people in place they never would. He also felt that TA had invested so much time and effort into this formula that they would never revert to another way because they had come so far in trying to make the system work. Paul did not hide is current bitterness with TA.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #448
country flag binky-GOAT

Paul MacNamee
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #449
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Paul McNamee, I just read in the paper that he is coaching Su-Wei Hsieh

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/r...115-2crmc.html

Su-Wei sounds like a character
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #450
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Speaking of Paul McNamee, I just read in the paper that he is coaching Su-Wei Hsieh

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/r...115-2crmc.html

Su-Wei sounds like a character
He coached her at AO last year also.

Think he started off working with her at Grand Slams and now it has developed further...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote