Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :) - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #241
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Now you're just using weak cliches: It's ridiculous to say that NOBODY thought the Giants could win...or that all the experts said they'd lose.....I recall SEVERAL people,including myself,who thought they would win.Maybe some ignorant,halfway-informed football fans thought they HAD NO CHANCE,but you're exaggerating to the extreme when you claim that 'nobody' thought they'd win.

You're being conveniently selective with your examples:the Niners are usually a low-scoring team--unless they score on defense--as we saw in bOTH games against the mediocre Rams.The Packers have had terrible pass protection all year,which left them vulnerable to to NYG's strength.....There are ample accounts of where the Giants were torched by weak offenses such as TB and Cleveland,and you were so desperate to boost them that you gave them credit for ONE HALF vs. the Skins...never mind that they got worn out and run off the field in the 2nd half,huh?.....And they were totally SMOKEd by Vick,Roethlisberger,Dalton,and TWICE by Romo.....If you do the math,there are far more examples where the Giants' D sucked than played well,and that's what we call a TREND

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #242
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing,Shifty;the Giants aren't some perplexing mystery,they're just inconsistent partly because they have sometimes coasted during the regular season due to their SB titles via the Wildcard route.Sometimes,talented teams feel they can turn it on whenever they want to...and they'll only turn things up a notch when they're desperate,as NYG was for the GB game.However,that strategy is a bit risky,and the NYG got dominated on both sides of the ball when they failed to match Pittsburgh's intensity...and they never caught up to the Bengals after getting blasted early.

Even Coughlin has admitted that he'd prefer more consistency;that turn-it-on-only-for-the-playoffs approach can lead to a title every once in a while,but it's not good to make it a yearly strategy as the odds are bound to bite you back eventually...they always do

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #243
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i'm watching too much ESPN and their NFL analysis or reading way to much stuff on CSN forums but majority there wrote them off against GB and SF. Also NYG lost only once to Dallas, other loses doesn't really matter since they 'own' teams they would meet in playoffs. Real test is ahead, they have to go on the road to play against Atlanta and Baltimore. Home game vs New Orleans could be wild shootout they can loose or win with wild last minute play, if we consider how easy remaining schedule is for Skins, NYG must win vs Atlanta and Baltimore on the road, so basically this could turn into another Cinderella story
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #244
country flag bruce goose

Don't know which specific people you listened to,but only a retard would've 'written them off' vs. GB in a home game.GB had been on a winning streak,but their defense is very suspect and they have major pass protection problems...plus the NYG were playing at home and desperate to break an ugly losing streak...so no intelligent fan would 'write them off'...maybe some barely-competent,mannequin studio host....I can see where some one might have made GB the favorite cuz of their previous winning streak,but NOT a decisive favorite

As for the SF game,lots of folks probably thought that SF would be fired up to get revenge,but Harbaugh did a poor job of mentally preparing his team for that game plus he was outcoached during it(he's still fairly 'young' as a pro coach,and he's proving that with how he mismanages the QB situation,though he's done well overall).Smith played his worst game of the year by far and put them in an early hole,and SF is not a catch-up team,really.

Again,you're using weak cliches like 'own',probably from reading too many blogs and not looking for the REAL expert opinions.SF and GB both beat NYG last year and,if I recall,GB won IN New York,so that's a pretty piss-poor example of 'owning' teams....plus SF outplayed NY for most of that playoff game and came within a hair of winning.....As I pointed out earlier,NYG's defense was lit up in 8 of their 12 games so far this year,and 2 of their 4 GOOD games came against younger,green QBs in Newton and Griffin(that is,the first matchup in NY).....That's the marked difference between this team and their 2 title teams...and I'll remind you that they've only won those 2 rings in the last 21 years,so it's not as if this bunch dominates every postseason

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #245
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Most people watch red zone channel and in that game GB was favorite by Vegas, so this is like universal wisdom to them because it's their business to know, also statistic proves that NYG are better road team then home team since they have overall better record on the road compared to home in Eli's era in NY, plus to both SBs they get by winning on the road, on top of that not that good defense vs Big Time Rogers on the roll that's why this was not ridiculous to think 'Giants have no chance'. In that game Giants showed Big Time playing, some of the stats their shown were last time achieved long time ago in 2008. In SF's game 49ers were also favorite because their defense was fierce and they considered to be 'tough home team' because of their home record and what visiting teams usually can achieve on offense, also SF had 4-1 record, were tied with Texans for the lead in NFL team rankings on almost all positions(defense,offense(rushing) etc...) and just behind undefeated teams in NFL power ranking and Giants 'October record' was poor.

It's not weak clinches since most stuff about "chance or no chance", "owns", "home team or road team" etc. comes from what statics and record says with backing up some of those by Vegas odds or NFL Power rankings, that's why they exist, so not a hardcore fan would know general team place in the league and in what position they are. That's why we have heavy favorite teams but this doesn't mean they would win, it's just they are more likely to it. When you're hardcore fan you can recognize when some of those stats useless or when to discount some to back up your pick. You using stats too to explain why 'writing off' Giants was ridicilous or why they are not as good as last year etc., tho overall statics says opposite but being hardcore fan you know what numbers to compare and what to overlook but hardcore fans are minority compared to all people who watches NFL that's why i've said majority 'wrote them off' and this was not ridiculous thing to do because of some stats.

When i pick teams to win sometimes use overall statistic or compare some of them directly between teams but most of the time i go by my gut feeling or 'eye test' from watching this team previously even when it's contradicts stats, that's why we watch the game it's not fantasy football and stats do lie sometimes, otherwise it would be boring when you know for a fact who and how would win.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #246
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
It's not weak clinches since most stuff about "chance or no chance", "owns", "home team or road team" etc. comes from what statics and record says with backing up some of those by Vegas odds or NFL Power rankings......it's not fantasy football and stats do lie sometimes, otherwise it would be boring when you know for a fact who and how would win.
Your last comments redeemed your post somewhat as you admitted that only nerds and semi-knowledgeable fans rely on stats.....Las Vegas is often a joke in terms of reliability;I recall when they made Denver the favorite for SB22 even though their defense was hopelessly overmatched...and then proved it by getting killed.

You speak English fairly well for a non-native speaker,but it IS a weak cliche to over-use words like 'own' and 'writing off',and a lot of folks just throw out strong words to get attention.An intelligent football fan...not even a maniac who forgets his gf's/wife's birthday,merely a normal guy who's informed...can make the distinction between saying,'GB should be favored and will probably win' and 'Thr NYG have NO chance in that game'...it's simply a question of thinking critically before one speaks or writes......We all fail that test on occasion,but some folks do it constantly or almost always

And I'm off to work,so we'll continue this later(big wave)

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #247
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You speak English fairly well for a non-native speaker,but it IS a weak cliche to over-use words like 'own' and 'writing off'
give me a break, i still recovering from overusing word "literally"
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #248
country flag bruce goose

Okay,Paul,we're in the off-topic thread now;can we get a solid translation for the Czech lucha libre wannabe's nickname?

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #249
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay,Paul,we're in the off-topic thread now;can we get a solid translation for the Czech lucha libre wannabe's nickname?
Pass. He is on Petra´s team.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #250
country flag bruce goose

Betrayed by the forum's Creative Ace;wonder if he'll feel the same if Petra maintains poor physical conditioning in 2013

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #251
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wonder if he'll feel the same if Petra maintains poor physical conditioning in 2013
I´m giving him 3 months
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #252
country flag bruce goose

A few halftime thoughts: Even if they pull this one out,RG3 and the Skins simply don't have enough defense to be a serious SB contender.They may pull a surprise...even TWO...in the playoffs,but they still have a modest ceiling.Likewise,the young Bucs seem to be on the right track,yet their fits of immaturity and sloppy play prevent them from being a legit contender....Once more,Atlanta just DOES NOT IMPRESS ME VERY MUCH.Yeah,I know that Carolina's not nearly as bad as their record looks,but they're not so good as to just bitch-slap Atlanta all over the field.This is NOT a championship-caliber effort...looks like the same ol' Falcons to me: Solid team---and NO real threat to win a SB.

Cincinnati isn't as raw as the Skins or Bucs,and they have a nice core of rising stars,but I've seen so many Marvin Lewis teams self-destruct in the last near-decade that it's one of those believe-it-when-I-see-it situations....Steeler fans shouldn't worry too much with the Choke-Expert Chargers in front;however,the Steelers' line hasn't protected Ben too well,from what I've seen so far,and that'll eventually catch up to them in the playoffs.....Andrew Luck likely will have at least a respectable career,yet I doubt that he's scaring def. co-ordinators at this point.It's all well and good when you can light up weak defenses such as GB,Detroit or Tennessee...the playoffs will be different,though,and Luck has already shown some unimpressive outings vs. sieve defenses such as Buffalo's and NE's....We'll se how he does NEXT year when co-ordinators have had an offseason to prepare schemes against him

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #253
country flag ShiftyFella

AWWWW!!SICK!!! Chargers, Vikings, Panthers, Browns, Skins and

EAGLES!!!!!!!
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #254
country flag bruce goose

Well,a lot of creative,celebratory posting going on today.....Ravens have home games with the Giants and Broncos and a road game at Cincinnati...so we could VERY easily be looking at a 5-game losing streak to close the season at 9-7and needing help from other teams to squeak into the playoffs.We were all smoke-and-mirrors with our fast start---and now the other teams have exposed the illusion(sigh.....)

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #255
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Well,a lot of creative,celebratory posting going on today.....
yeah. i wasn't expecting Vikings, Chargers, Skins, Panthers and Eagles to win today at all. I was watching Skins and Eagles games at same time, at first i was really upset since RG3 was injured and Eagles looked like they have no shot but then i was jumping like crazy and when Eagles won, i literally run all over my apartment screaming cheers It's nice feeling when they all win. Only Cincy let me down, tho they were close Now I hope NO wins over Giants to make things more interesting and what a wild start from both teams

btw, i hope with RG3 it's nothing serious.