Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #166
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy24 View Post
If she wins Miami , she should skip Charleston. Play Stuggart Madrid and Rome
Last year she played Charleston because of her early loss in Miami.
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #167
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Im kinda shocked to see Serena not enter Stuttgart. Maybe Serena herself has said "the hell with French Open" and will just focus on the other 3 majors
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #168
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone acting like Stuttgart is ideal preparation for the FO anyway? BOTH Charleston and Stuttgart leave much to be desired in terms of preparation for the big one, the only really good tournament left is of course Rome. Stuttgart is red clay, but despite the surface being red clay the indoor conditions make it barely much better than green clay Charleston. And Madrid is even worse. I don't care so much about the specifics of which venue offers better preparation, but to say she doesn't care about the FO because she's not playing Stuttgart which is a longer flight and only MARGINALLY better is a bit much. It's not like it's Berlin which did do wonders for her in 2002 when she lost in the finals, won rome and then obviously won RG. All Serena really can do with the current schedule is practice hard on the red stuff while training in france and take Rome SERIOUSLY this time. Or play one of those clay MMs like Acapulco and the others which is what I would actually do if I were her

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #169
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
Why is everyone acting like Stuttgart is ideal preparation for the FO anyway? BOTH Charleston and Stuttgart leave much to be desired in terms of preparation for the big one, the only really good tournament left is of course Rome. Stuttgart is red clay, but despite the surface being red clay the indoor conditions make it barely much better than green clay Charleston. And Madrid is even worse. I don't care so much about the specifics of which venue offers better preparation, but to say she doesn't care about the FO because she's not playing Stuttgart which is a longer flight and only MARGINALLY better is a bit much. It's not like it's Berlin which did do wonders for her in 2002 when she lost in the finals, won rome and then obviously won RG. All Serena really can do with the current schedule is practice hard on the red stuff while training in france and take Rome SERIOUSLY this time. Or play one of those clay MMs like Acapulco and the others which is what I would actually do if I were her
I think she really NEEDS to play Stuttgart. Seriously. It seems lately to be the best indicator of RG
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #170
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

what strategy can a servebot employ how to play on a proper red dirt?
The answer is the very simple - there is no magical cure from servebotitis, just as the likes of Rodduck and Shampras has experienced over the years. You can't bang aces left and right on red stuff - rallying skills and patience wins matches here. That's why all this discussion is so funny and useless at the same time. That would be the same like asking what Sara Errani can do to reach Wimbledon final? LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #171
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's so wrong , Stuttgart is Philippe Chatrier indoors , while Charleston is more like Wimbledon

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #172
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
what strategy can a servebot employ how to play on a proper red dirt?
The answer is the very simple - there is no magical cure from servebotitis, just as the likes of Rodduck and Shampras has experienced over the years. You can't bang aces left and right on red stuff - rallying skills and patience wins matches here. That's why all this discussion is so funny and useless at the same time. That would be the same like asking what Sara Errani can do to reach Wimbledon final? LMAO

LOL, comparing Serena to Roddick and Sampras on clay speaks volume about your knowledge of tennis, .

Unlike them, Serena is a RG champion and there's no active player who won more RG than her. Serena is actually an overwhelming favorite against every single RG champions in the field. Don't be surprised to see her top the betting poll next year at RG and more importantly, please be around for us after she win a Slam ( RG is still on course), unlike what happened this year after Wimby and the USO, those who gloated /bashed loudest here were nowhere to be found
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #173
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Last year's Stuttgart line-up was EXCEPTIONALLY strong, even by that tournament's very high standards. The 2013 one, while not as good as 2012, will still make it one of the strongest sub-Tier 1s of the year
Why are you quoting me anyways?

By your definition, the strongest sub-Tier 1 for 2013 should be Brisbane.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #174
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please do some research Despite some people retardedly thinking any indoors tournament must be super-quick, Stuttgart DOES play very slowly and closest to RG playing conditions of all the major warm-ups, because the Stuttgart organisers specifically import the clay that RG uses. And it's backed up by the tournament's record - since it switched to clay in 2009, Stuttgart has been THE BEST predictor of who will do well at RG, better than Rome and MUCH better than Madrid or Charleston.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #175
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should do a guess of Serena's 2013 schedule

Brisbane
Melbourne
Dubai
Doha
Miami
Madrid
Roma
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
Toronto
Cincinnati
Flushing Meadows
Istanbul
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #176
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Why are you quoting me anyways?

By your definition, the strongest sub-Tier 1 for 2013 should be Brisbane.
I took from your post that the 2013 line-up wasn't good....when it IS still an amazing line-up by Tier 2s' standards, just not as good as 2012
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #177
coolfish1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I took from your post that the 2013 line-up wasn't good....when it IS still an amazing line-up by Tier 2s' standards, just not as good as 2012
I am comparing Stuttgart to itself.

If 2012 is called amazing line up, 2013 cannot be called the same.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #178
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

i just went through this thread, and i think us mashabators need to look at all this bashing and hating on maria on a different perspective, cos according to them:

masha won a slam on her "worst" surface and playing "mediocre tennis". when will your faves? bye.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #179
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
i just went through this thread, and i think us mashabators need to look at all this bashing and hating on maria on a different perspective, cos according to them:

masha won a slam on her "worst" surface and playing "mediocre tennis". when will your faves? bye.
I love you.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #180
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
I love you.

I have a room for rent for you two, including 50% holidays discount!!!! 1111!!!!
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote