Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #706
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
The strangest thing for me is that in Serbia no one seems to be niticing her problem with weight loss I didn't see any article in press or on TV about it

Serbian journalists must be the most gentlemen in the media world as they master nicely the gentleman's rule " Never bring up the 3 issues: personal weight, age or money when talk to a lady" .

Generally, losing weight is still considering an achievement since it means they can be fitter,stronger and faster ( as opposed to fat, weak and slow). The clear example is Mardy Fish on the ATP. However, getting to the point that your arms are stick-like like Gisele Bunchen, Moss or Ambrosia is more fitting for those sitting in the offices and typing, not for athletics who banging at the cannon balls flying at them.

I seriously hope someone will feed Ana some steaks in the off season.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #707
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Interesting...
Do they still care about her tennis career?
Have they written her off as a tennis player?

They uses to care so much about here.
Maybe they have moved on from the euphoria of 2008 and have settled for realism

Looking back, here the celebration after her 2008 triumph in Paris
She look her normal size then, and like a beautiful athlete
Media here still write about her just as they did in the past. Seems like no journalist in Serbia has the courage to ask her that
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #708
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
Serbian journalists must be the most gentlemen in the media world as they master nicely the gentleman's rule " Never bring up the 3 issues: personal weight, age or money when talk to a lady" .
Maybe. But we all know that the rule of asking about personal weight issue works only in one way, and Ana is going fast forward in the opposite way
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #709
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
Maybe. But we all know that the rule of asking about personal weight issue works only in one way, and Ana is going fast forward in the opposite way
I mean, I don't know how journalism is in Serbia, but being accused of having an eating disorder in the US is also a big deal, and it's something a lot of celebrities don't want to or don't feel comfortable talking about during their struggles. It's always something that's discussed about having been in the past, and even a hint of insinuation could lead to a backlash.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #710
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
I mean, I don't know how journalism is in Serbia, but being accused of having an eating disorder in the US is also a big deal, and it's something a lot of celebrities don't want to or don't feel comfortable talking about during their struggles. It's always something that's discussed about having been in the past, and even a hint of insinuation could lead to a backlash.
Accuse someone of eating disorder?. It think that is a poor choice of words
Of course, if they put it in accusatory terms, there would be a backlash.

There are ways to raise the issue, using the word "concerns", rather than expression "eating disorder", which would put Ana automatically on the defensive, and less than likely to entertain any other question on the matter.
If they could start engaging her like below, she is more likely answer.
"Some people are voicing concerns about your weigh loss for the last year, how are you feeling?"

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 6th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #711
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are not that nice, trust me. We have those trashy singers, journalists often write about their weight.

Quote:
Generally, losing weight is still considering an achievement since it means they can be fitter,stronger and faster ( as opposed to fat, weak and slow). The clear example is Mardy Fish on the ATP. However, getting to the point that your arms are stick-like like Gisele Bunchen, Moss or Ambrosia is more fitting for those sitting in the offices and typing, not for athletics who banging at the cannon balls flying at them.
This is probably the thing. They don't read too much into that, they might really think that losing weight is an achievement, especially considering that she was a chubby teen.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #712
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Not in Serbia perhaps but Ana has been asked about the weight loss, and she's said that nothing's wrong basically.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #713
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I found only one article in Serbian:

http://www.sportske.net/vest/dzet-se...la-100759.html
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #714
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really concerned now cuz it seems to be getting worse. I mean on those recent pic, she has a 12 years old body. She looks so weak, her eyes seems blank and her hair seem really thin and unhealthy/fade which is a sign of food disorder. The skin on her hands also appears to be really thin which is another sign. You shouldn't be able to see your arm's bones without doing an effort, you're starting to see a curve on her shoulders as well. Her posture is getting really bendy and awkward.

We all agree that she needed to get fitter and lose some weight after she got back from her thumb injury to go back to the 2008 shape but now she's beyond thin, she literally looks fragile, I feel like you'd touch her and she'd be cold as death.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #715
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
I'm really concerned now cuz it seems to be getting worse. I mean on those recent pic, she has a 12 years old body. She looks so weak, her eyes seems blank and her hair seem really thin and unhealthy/fade which is a sign of food disorder. The skin on her hands also appears to be really thin which is another sign. You shouldn't be able to see your arm's bones without doing an effort, you're starting to see a curve on her shoulders as well. Her posture is getting really bendy and awkward.

We all agree that she needed to get fitter and lose some weight after she got back from her thumb injury to go back to the 2008 shape but now she's beyond thin, she literally looks fragile, I feel like you'd touch her and she'd be cold as death.
I didn't. I thought she was in perfect shape back then. She actually put on a few pounds in 2009. As for the rest of your post, I completely agree. Does anybody within her team realize that this is a problem? Because publicly, it doesn't seem so.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #716
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
I didn't. I thought she was in perfect shape back then. She actually put on a few pounds in 2009. As for the rest of your post, I completely agree. Does anybody within her team realize that this is a problem? Because publicly, it doesn't seem so.
She wasn't by any mean "over weight" for tennis, but I think and many would agree that when she lost 1st round in Toronto for example she could lose a few pounds like maybe 10lbs top, and she'd be at her best. Also her coaches and herself clearly thought the same thing since it's when she started to work on losing weight.
It's just getting really worrying and I remember when a journalist kinda pointed it out earlier this year, I think during an american tournament, she didn't think she had ANY weight issue that everything was fine and going according to plan. Of course she wasn't about to say "oh yes, I'm anorexic" or "yes I'm too thin" but she culd have been a bit more explicit on her body type goal and the things she was really working on about her body, cuz clearly she's been focusing on that more than on her tennis.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #717
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
Right, because a player's team would publicly admit they're concerned about their player's weight loss/issues? I don't think so.

Her team isn't full of idiots (though sometimes we question this)--they see the same thing many of us see.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #718
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Ana is flawless to me. I loved her slimmed down figure.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #719
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute

Those people thinking Ana looks good as Skeletor's sister needs to get their head examined. Bitch is looking so thin and frail, her head is starting to look like a fucking Bobble Head figure. But MESS

Brandysan's Keeper

l[l

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #720
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji Shuriken View Post
Those people thinking Ana looks good as Skeletor's sister needs to get their head examined.
Not to mention some glasses....

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote