Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #691
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

The only thing that comes to mind when I see those 2008 pics is how a friend of mine remarked during her 2008 AO run that her fistpumps and celebrations were cute. IF only he knew it was a disease and not a simple on-court mannerism.

But yeah, she looks weird now. 2007-08 were great.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #692
aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
the best Ana has looked IMO is during the entire 2008 season

was toned perfectly, not too thin and she had lost what you guys are considering her 'baby fat'.
i must admit seeing the recent pictures in Italy did freak me out
ugh, the second picture. my eyes
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #693
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #694
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...I tried to turn a blind eye to it but I think it's getting worse . Her arms are like twigs now.

This was her yesterday:

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #695
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
Yeah...I tried to turn a blind eye to it but I think it's getting worse . Her arms are like twigs now.

This was her yesterday:
Hm, actually from this angle it doesn't look as bad. There's muscle definition in both legs and arms.
Honestly I don't know. But she is walking a very thin line for sure. It all depends where she goes from here.
Whether she will indeed gain back some weight (muscles or not) or stay this way, or God forbid, lose even more.
In any event she should have someone who knows what they are doing to take care of that, I hope this is not some self created regime.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #696
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I think that one is just caused by the camera or angle making her look even slimmer than before. She's still about the same as she was in Fed Cup I think:

It isn't so bad, she's just very lean with low bodyfat and in this picture you can see she has some muscle definition. Low bodyfat is the ideal state to start a strength gaining program, but whether she seriously embarks on such a thing remains to be seen.

People are also exaggerating how quickly her body can change and how much muscle she needs to or can gain in the short term. Most studies suggest that women can only gain 1 lb (about half a kilo) of muscle per month without the help of drugs even with good training and diet, so even if she does decide to get stronger this is a long term process and we won't see the clear results for a while. That's why it's so important for her to establish a good training regime which she does over the whole year, not just a month in the off season.

She looks like a model, she's gorgeous, but since she's an athlete she should add a regular strength program into her routine throughout the entire year. There's just no way using legal methods to gain more than about 2 pounds of muscle for a woman during the offseason, it can't happen quickly, so we'll need to wait a while to assess how she's really doing. Of course if she wants to gain 10 lbs in a couple months she can definitely do that, but only 2 lbs of that will be muscle... I wonder if she realises that there is no way to suddenly gain muscle as well. She should know that it will take consistent effort and it's a slow process which has to be throughout the year. That's the mistake JJ made, she thought she could gain muscle quickly in the offseason, she probably gained about 2lbs of muscle and 8lbs of fat so of course it slowed her down. Slow and steady is the key, she has to change her thinking about strength training- it's something she should do throughout the year, not something that waits until the off season.
I don't expect her to bulk up like JJ, on the contrary, but this is half way through the off season and she looks - I would say - either the same or even skinnier. It's really hard to tell based on the pics, but the white dress pics, all of them, including the ones in the street, make her look exactly like Angelina Jolie, which is way too skinny. On the other hand the court pics look somewhat better, when she is alone she does look the same like in FedCup, but then the ones with Masha do make me pause. I mean, when Masha looks fat next to you, there may be a problem...

Still, it is hard to stay objective because of all this noise, and people make assessments under a lot of influence of the said noise. I mean, it's a common psychological effect - people are influenced by groupthink. Now that so many are on the panic bandwagon, the signs are everywhere...skin tone, eyes, hair. Which I think is nonsense. Hair is dead cells, and long hair especially cannot visibly detect diet changes of 3 months. Similarly, pale skin...it's winter time, and no Bali this winter... The skin color, with her pigment, can be very very deceiving. I have a cousin with similar pigment - she browns incredibly easily, but when she stays out of the sun for longer periods, and especially in winter, her skin color can get ashy. I wouldn't give too much weight to that.

Quote:

was toned perfectly, not too thin and she had lost what you guys are considering her 'baby fat'.
Yeah, this is my favorite Ana, too.

Last edited by JAS_ : Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #697
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Her skin was so much darker back then. It's the paleness that's worried me the most
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #698
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
Her skin was so much darker back then. It's the paleness that's worried me the most
yup....

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #699
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she's gonna get the help that she needs. Surely someone in her team is seeing this as well?

49-6
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #700
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

her arms and shoulders look like angelina jolie's in that pic diamondtieva posted, and not like an athlete's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Hm, actually from this angle it doesn't look as bad. There's muscle definition in both legs and arms.
someone close to me has an eating disorder, but she goes to the gym very often and works out on a daily basis (in fact the two things correlate). meaning she's way too thin, but at the same time her muscles are very defined.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #701
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post

This is from last night

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #702
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She is not that attractive to me now.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #703
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
I suggested earlier that Hypothyroidism could be a possible cause of visible changes in her appearance. Hypothyroidism can also cause the skin to develop a pale ivory or even a sickly yellowish/sallow hue, because of the malabsorption of vitamin A. It's fairly obvious from recent pics of her that something is going on. I DO hope she's getting medical care. The condition is quite treatable.

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #704
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i must admit seeing the recent pictures in Italy did freak me out

In the first picture, that Ana was the player that overpowered Na in a match that she won the first set 6-1, before retired b/c of an injury. That player also overpowered Maria in the FO's semi in a routing victory. She had lots of power on her ground strokes and a big serve that put her instantly in an offensive position to set up her big forehand.

That was the thing in the past.

The 2nd picture is the last image of an Ana who has been getting skinny and skinner in the last few years. Now she lost all the power and all the stings of her shots. Against players that she used to overpower them, Maria hit her off the court at the USO lately. Na also can easily let Ana standing watch power shots passing her by again and again had they played.

Ana is a pretty girl and chose the path to be an " almost" top player who makes lots of money ( but not the top money like Sarin, Martha or Na) while still having a VS model body and being able to date rich guys who are good looking. Hingis used to have the same idea.

Let's face it, training very hard in the gym and under the scorching sun doesn't help the beauty of girls in general. Although the training helps in developing muscle tones, the hardship would show on the dried , aging skin, roughness in body figure and facial express, etc... Only players who are eager to get on the top of the world ( and stay there) chose that path like MNavratilova, Henin, JCap in 2001, Seles in 00-01, Safina in 08-09, Dementieva in 09-10.

Noticing that the roughness they looked like when those players were in top shapes would soften tremendously after they retired and stopped all the hard training. Seles look skinny and very feminine in her newest photos, Dementieva looked less muscular and more " model-like" lately.

Bottom like, while tennis fans rooting for Ana to beef up and gain power and win Slams, she has other ideas that she think would make her more happy. Regardless, her diet has gone to the other side of the spectrum, so it probably not be a very good idea while she is still playing professional tennis.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #705
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

The strangest thing for me is that in Serbia no one seems to be niticing her problem with weight loss I didn't see any article in press or on TV about it
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote