Australian summer-start of 2013! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
country flag misH@

misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all
Australian summer-start of 2013!

Maria Kirilenko will start 2013. in Apia International Sydney. Radwanska, Kerber, Errani, Li, Kvitova, Stosur, Wozniacki, Petrova are names that will be seeds, Kiri is just one place far from it!
Last year she lost in 2nd round of q, Arvidsson beat her easy, 6-3, 6-0.
Week after she is gonna play 1st Grand Slam of the year, Australian Open. She had pretty good results there in past, including her very first QF in Slams, in 2010. Last year she retires in 3rd round, after 0-6, 0-1 for Petra Kvitova.
In total, Kirilenko is defending 168 points at Australia( 8 from Sydney, 160 from Australian Open).
In doubles, last year, she and Nadia Petrova lost in semis in Sydney, and in round of 16 in Australian Open, so she defends 480 points in total (200 from Sydney, 280 from Australian Open).
Hope Kiri is healthy and ready for start of new season!
DAVAI MAKIRI!
Genie Bouchard
misH@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #2
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

Hoping for a better start to the season than last year...

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_R View Post
Hoping for a better start to the season than last year...
I've got a good feeling about this, it surely will be.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #4
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

At 25, Makiri had her best year on the tour so far in her career in 2012, getting to a high ranking of #12 in the world. She also halved her year in ranking from 2011:
2012 14
2011 28

Here is her Sydney draw:

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

Makiri has a couple of tricky opponents in the first two rounds. Interestingly, she lags 0:1 against Olivia, who upset her at the FO in 2009. This is just the tournament to correct that deficit. She then potentially meets Sara, who's beaten her three times on hardcourt, including 06 46 at the 2009 AO, but Makiri won their last meeting at New Haven, 75 75.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #5
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Olivia is a tricky opponent, although I have watched her play a few times last year...and she isn't playing as well as she did, especially if you compare it to the US open match against Safina that she had.
Errani will be a difficult match up, but we will worry about that when and if the time comes.
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #6
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_the_greek View Post
Errani will be a difficult match up, but we will worry about that when and if the time comes.
I completely agree, we should better make one step at a time.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #7
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
I completely agree, we should better make one step at a time.
you're absolutely right!

so when will maria play her first match? I hopefully can watch it on a stream, can't wait for it! DAVAI KIRI!!!

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #8
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
you're absolutely right!

so when will maria play her first match? I hopefully can watch it on a stream, can't wait for it! DAVAI KIRI!!!

On sunday the 6th, unfortunately SuperTennis TV won't broadcast the tournament before quarter finals, it seems we must find a good streaming, I can't even think about losing Maria's first match of the season.

Last edited by Iblis : Jan 4th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #9
country flag amy_0145

amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice

my brother in law finished making his large over sized banner, titled "Kirilenko...the hotter Maria"...wonder if it gets accepted into the stadium. Should make tv for sure haha
amy_0145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #10
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_0145 View Post
my brother in law finished making his large over sized banner, titled "Kirilenko...the hotter Maria"...wonder if it gets accepted into the stadium. Should make tv for sure haha
I hope
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #11
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welcome to the forum.

Haha.

Pretty cool idea although I would have it say hot instead of hotter.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #12
country flag Iblis

Quote:
I really hope so.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #13
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Not a bad draw. Good luck Maria!!!
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #14
country flag Dann2695

Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice

Quote:

Dann2695 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #15
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Sydney and the rest of 2013 Maria.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 6th, 2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: oops...meant 2013 not 2012. :p
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote