Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2012 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #46
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
but Europeans are very rarely made to go through these things.
like what? not feeling welcome in some other part of europe? hell, in some other part of their own country? sorry, but you have no idea.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #47
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2

Quote:
Or when you ask a sales associate at a supermarket for where you can pick your football tickets that you purchased online, and the lady assumes that you're there asking for work
If you consider this racism, yes, you are definitely an over-sensitive queen. Everything can be racism then. Good luck in life. You'll need it
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #48
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really like both Vienna and Zurich. While Zurich is disgustingly expensive, Vienna is bit more tolerable. When I visited the first time, I was concerned it was going to be really pricey, I was surprised to find that it was ok. Not more expensive than say Paris or Milan.

I just came back from Amsterdam like two days ago (my fourth time), and the more I go, the more I like it. I actually didn't like it at all the first time I went there alone a couple of years ago. It was probably one of my like bottom three European cities back then, but it's probably in my top five now. Of the first 15 on the list, I think that'd be my first choice. The rain makes it a bit annoying (and who really wants to be in the middle of the canals when it's pouring), but what can you do?
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #49
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Best quality of living according to pensioners ? what a laughable ranking.
This

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #50
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
like what? not feeling welcome in some other part of europe? hell, in some other part of their own country? sorry, but you have no idea.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't really mean just Europeans - this is more a white/non-white situation. Yes, I understand that there are social and cultural issues everywhere. But the instances where a non-Westerner/non-white traveler faces issues with xenophobia are can't really be compared with the reverse. White people and Westerners are mostly prized when they go out traveling to non-Western/non-white destinations. Regardless of what drives these experiences, there is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
If you consider this racism, yes, you are definitely an over-sensitive queen. Everything can be racism then. Good luck in life. You'll need it
As an American, I reckon that I may be wired to think that even the littlest things can be a sign of racism, but this is not one of those instance. You've obviously dismissed my claim so I'm not going to make a big to do about it. It is what it is. I didn't mean to suggest that you're a racism, but not everyone is like you. And generally, I try not to pay attention to things like this as my desire to travel trumps whatever issues I may face while doing it, but xenophobia in Spain and Italy exists.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #51
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't really mean just Europeans - this is more a white/non-white situation. Yes, I understand that there are social and cultural issues everywhere. But the instances where a non-Westerner/non-white traveler faces issues with xenophobia are can't really be compared with the reverse. White people and Westerners are mostly prized when they go out traveling to non-Western/non-white destinations. Regardless of what drives these experiences, there is a difference.
i can understand this.

Last edited by azdaja : Dec 6th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #52
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
and victoria i think.
Victorias has the "hottest" winters in the country and old people are moving there to buy a condo.

Quote:
QC is so boring though. Seriously, when I went, it was all old people.
Go to Grande-Allée.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #53
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Vancouver looks beautiful!

I have no idea why Auckland does so well on these lists I find it a horrible city, I much prefer Wellington.
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #54
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Let me put it this way, I'd never live in New Zealand no matter how good the quality of life there is.

Sydney is way overrated. I would rather live in Paris or a smaller Italian city.
Shocker. Why don't you just move there then? Your constant bitching about how horrible you find Australia is getting kinda tiresome.
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #55
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Victorias has the "hottest" winters in the country and old people are moving there to buy a condo.

Go to Grande-Allée.
maybe old people have good taste
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #56
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As an American, I reckon that I may be wired to think that even the littlest things can be a sign of racism, but this is not one of those instance. You've obviously dismissed my claim so I'm not going to make a big to do about it. It is what it is. I didn't mean to suggest that you're a racism, but not everyone is like you. And generally, I try not to pay attention to things like this as my desire to travel trumps whatever issues I may face while doing it, but xenophobia in Spain and Italy exists.
Shap Half, no need to defend yourself. I'm white so I've never personally had to endure something but I have traveled extensively throughout Europe and based on my experiences the people in Italy and Spain are by far the most racist. Many of the people I've spent time with there don't look at Africans as equal, they really don't. Both countries have other amazing qualities but the level of racism in both places is stunning.

Either way, this list is ridiculous. They have Atlanta and Dallas listed as having the best infrastructure in the United States which is measured using traffic congestion and public transportation. Uh, no

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #57
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
Vancouver looks beautiful!

I have no idea why Auckland does so well on these lists I find it a horrible city, I much prefer Wellington.
what's wrong with auckland?

vancouver isn't that great. i'm always surprised it makes the top 5.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote