Mona Barthel - Page 308 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4606
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel

^ I agree. My 2 faves.
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4607
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Baby Mona

I'm looking at these pictures and I see her juniors matches now too. She had hard-working holidays in 2005 apart from this, she did not play a lot of in juniors career. She did not beat a lot of great players and rarely met with the best junior in this time. She was only 212 in ranking. All of these doesn't matter. She grows into great player with great scores in early age, at only 22. Hopefully she will keep it and will bump in the ranking more and more. She deserves it. WTA needs players like Mona. With great attitude, great groundstrokes, great personality,great smile and bad brain.

Do I always have to write that essays about Mona? I can't stop. I'm too addicted to Mona
HAMPTON ▪ GIORGI ▪ RISKE ▪ CETKOVSKA

deliverance. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #4608
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0barthel. View Post
I'm too addicted to Mona
You are not the only one.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4609
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

This was posted in German here so I will post it in English.

Quote:
The 2012 season is over and I am already preparing for 2013.

2012 was the first year that I have played completely on the WTA Tour. I am very pleased with my performance in 2012. I managed to win my first WTA title in Hobart, made it into the third round at the Australian Open and had several "super" games against top players, such as Victoria Azarenka in Stuttgart or Indian Wells.

Of course, sometimes I would have liked playing a little more consistent, but, as I said, it was my first year on the WTA Tour. I had to get used to the rhythm. Before 2012, I had played tournaments in Europe. Lots of long flights and jet lag were new to me.

Now I know what to expect and I'm looking forward to next year.
This was her opinion about her 2012 season.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #4610
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
^ I agree. My 2 faves.
They're both part of my superfaves as well.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #4611
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to see Mona having an extreme top spin forehand grip compared to today where she almost uses a continental grip to hit her forehand.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #4612
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
Interesting to see Mona having an extreme top spin forehand grip compared to today where she almost uses a continental grip to hit her forehand.
I love her FH (the FH motion and the easy power she generates with that shot). It's a great attacking weapon. She can generate so much pace effortlessly on her FH wing. The biggest issue with her FH is that she can't defend at all with it. Maybe that's because of her grip. I'm not sure.

Overall, I wouldn't say her FH is a weakness. It's great offensively and poor defensively so yeah overall it's not bad.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4613
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

The pics of little Mona are very cute.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #4614
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Very nice post , Hisagi.
Some words on the articles.

Quote:

Mona was 11 at that time and was the number one in Germany in her age class. She won the Northern German championships without dropping a set.

Unlucky there is missing the rest of the article. The headline is pretty promising -
"Triumph of sportmanship"

Mona at the age of 11. Dramatic headline once again announcing the final of the Sparkassencup at her home town Neumünster against a girl named Friederike Zunke. Mk 27 surely will know her.
According the article Mona (surprisingly) beat a player in the semifinal who was three years elder and 1400(!?) places ranked above her in the rankings.

Interesting is her distintive backhand motion and face expression while stroking already at that age.

Last edited by joy division : Dec 6th, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #4615
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
This was posted in German here so I will post it in English.

This was her opinion about her 2012 season.
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post

Quote:
I love her FH (the FH motion and the easy power she generates with that shot). It's a great attacking weapon. She can generate so much pace effortlessly on her FH wing. The biggest issue with her FH is that she can't defend at all with it. Maybe that's because of her grip. I'm not sure.

Overall, I wouldn't say her FH is a weakness. It's great offensively and poor defensively so yeah overall it's not bad.

Hi, i am new here on this forum.

I was watching Mona's style of play closely when she played against Mayr-Achleitner in the german league. It was for me plain to see that she uses a semi-western grip on her forehand which normally should allow her to make good defensive shots. So i dont think that her grip is the problem, maybe her lack of flexibilty in her wrist. She doesnt have the kind of wrist acceleration like Kerber has, especially when it comes to defense. I also think she looses some of her determination when she gets under pressure. Then she often starts slicing on her forehand what makes no sense to me. But i am sure she will improve over the next two years on her little weaknesses.

On the whole i would describe Mona as a pure natural swinger who can hit huge with effortless ease. When she is on she is always able to give her shots the right speed to make a winner. I have never seen so much talent in a female tennis player. Its really absurd!

But will she be successful (in terms of winning slams)? If she can build up the kind of determination and mental strength like Kerber has then clearly yes. But if she doesnt improve her mental abilities (maybe with the help of an experienced professional coach) she could become a tragic underachiever. In any case i will always admire her talent and enjoy watching her matches.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #4616

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

^
Hi, welcome to the club.
Very good first post.
You seem to know the way the cookie crumbles.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #4617

A very nice portrait of grandmaster Ralf Reinecke.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfrei...4298/lightbox/
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4618
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

She will play Auckland, Hobart, Melbourne and Paris Indoor in the first weeks of 2013
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4619
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
She will play Auckland, Hobart, Melbourne and Paris Indoor in the first weeks of 2013
Ist sie in Paris schon im Hauptfeld oder kann das noch schiefgehen?
popinjay is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #4620
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinjay View Post
Ist sie in Paris schon im Hauptfeld oder kann das noch schiefgehen?
Da gibt es noch gar keine Entry Liste. Aber ich rechne schon mit einem Hauptfeldstart.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread