Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1741
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I don't get, i thought he was or is some wrestler when Kristian dated Lucie but now he is physio coach? or my info about being him 'wrestler' is wrong?
Why can't a wrestler be a physio coach?

He can be both, especially after a failed wrestling career.

If this is the case, it just makes the pick even more worse than it looks. And that's just on the professional side.

On the personal side, if I'm Petra, why would I want someone that used to date Safarova?

Weird.

Like I said, Cernosek's organization is just one big INBRED MESS!!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1742
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Was the guy with Safarova while also working with her (as physio or in any other capacity) or were the two just only dating?

(I'm sure Adam wants to kno the answer to this question
Of course, we all thought about this as well.

But does it really matter? The fact that he can date Lucie Safarova (no matter how they met), means he could date Kvitova as well (in theory). Though Kvityy's younger, their still in the same relative age group.

And of course, if he started dating Safarova--after working with her, then this pick is even worse than it looks on the surface. It just doesn't look professional.

Also, remember these are all Protojev's foks; so they blur the lines of personal and professional, since they're around each other so often at times. Sometimes I joke--Cernosek encourages it, to keep them all in the fold.

These folks are just crazy. What ever happened to INDEPENDENCE!?

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 5th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1743
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Why can't a wrestler be a physio coach?

He can be both, especially after a failed wrestling career.

If this is the case, it just makes the pick even more worse than it looks. And that's just on the professional side.

On the personal side, if I'm Petra, why would I want someone that used to date Safarova?

Weird.

Like I said, Cernosek's organization is just one big INBRED MESS!!!
I thought he was still "active" as a wrestler but now he's suddenly a physio coach? this part sounded strange to me, usually they take a break or something. I have no problem with who he dated before, since "sport world" is small and once upon a time you end up with someone on your team or dating who dated another person you know or was close friend. You missing the point about him being friend of Lucie, the point is that CR has small reach and failed to get more 'experienced guy' even if he is Czech, basically either CR keeping things to his people or he failed as a manager because he actually can't get more 'respectable' people to jump on Petra's wagon and that's why he goes with his pals.

btw, scrolled through article, yeah he was a wrestler, so my info was correct.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1744
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I thought he was still "active" as a wrestler but now he's suddenly a physio coach? this part sounded strange to me, usually they take a break or something. I have no problem with who he dated before, since "sport world" is small and once upon a time you end up with someone on your team or dating who dated another person you know or was close friend. You missing the point about him being friend of Lucie, the point is that CR has small reach and failed to get more 'experienced guy' even if he is Czech, basically either CR keeping things to his people or he failed as a manager because he actually can't get more 'respectable' people to jump on Petra's wagon and that's why he goes with his pals.

btw, scrolled through article, yeah he was a wrestler, so my info was correct.

That was my point earlier Shifty.

I had said, "unless you're telling me he's the best Physio guy in the Czech Republic, why would I want someone that dated Safarova?"

Basically, what I was saying was, "once again, Cernosek picks someone from his group, rather than someone more qualified". Picking on the "Lucie Factor' just drives that point home, and makes it more strange and comedic (i.e. making fun, questioning or 'pouring salt on the wound').

Don't worry, we were both saying the same thing.

Saying, "if I was Petra, I wouldn't Pick him", was basically me saying that YOU KNOW PETRA DIDN'T MAKE THIS CHOICE.

Of course we know there should be other, broader choices outside the Cernosek circle within the Czech Republic or around the world/WTA-ATP circles, than a failed or retired wrestler.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1745
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

If he was Lucie's physio coach when they used to date, heck i'm fine with this cause Lucie is in perfect psychical shape but i have to admit, i was expecting more 'famous' name from Tennis circuit.

btw, part about Petra playing Sydney after Brisbane is 'worrying sign' only to me?
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1746
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
If he was Lucie's physio coach when they used to date, heck i'm fine with this cause Lucie is in perfect psychical shape but i have to admit, i was expecting more 'famous' name from Tennis circuit.

btw, part about Petra playing Sydney after Brisbane is 'worrying sign' only to me?
I don't care what Lucie looked like (it could be all genetic by the way), her results were always bad to disappointing.

Plus, if we hold Lucie to the same standard so many of us do here for Petra; she obviously wasn't in very good condition because she plays an even more high risk game than Kvitova. Continuing with this logic, if Safarova was truly "in shape", she would know how to rally longer and wait for her opportunities, than make so many bone head decisions and plays.

Petra is much better than Safarova in this respect. So once again, having Safarova's Fitness guy is not really saying much. As a matter of fact, it's quite a disappointment, on any level.

As far as Sydney and Brisbane, I really didn't think about it much, cause I was still in shock, that this guy was all that Cernosek could come up with after such a long search. SMH
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1747
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't get, i thought he was or is some wrestler when Kristian dated Lucie but now he is physio coach? or my info about being him 'wrestler' is wrong?
MMA fighter
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #1748
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, well at least this is an improvement (if he trained as an MMA fighter).
I don´t know much. They said MMA and kung-fu. He is from Slovakia.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1749
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
MMA fighter

The REAL question maybe, is he a frustrated wrestler that all of a sudden decided to go and call himself MMA, or is he really an excellent trainer?

Remember, this guys was a fighter. Now all of a sudden he's a trainer of a young Grand Slam Champion tennis player? How long, how many tennis players has he trained, and how successful have they been--after he started working with them?

If this was someone outside of Cernosek's group, maybe I wouldn't make fun of it/wonder about it. But since it is; this all just seems so crazy and an extension of the rest of this crazy year for Petra.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1750
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I don´t know much. They said MMA and kung-fu. He is from Slovakia.
OK, he was a fighter, whether Kung Fu, Wrestling, etc. All those disciples (your background or foundation) can fall under MMA when you fight anyway. Maybe the guy can be good. I don't know.

One of my problems would be, how/why do you take months to choose a guy that you already knew in the first place--whose resume (unless I can be shown otherwise) is quite shaky to begin with?

Is this all Cernosek could come up with after such a long search?

If I was Petra, I'd be pissed (unless they can show me how phenomenal this guy was) that Cernosek would choose a Lucie Retread for me. Could you ever see Vika, Masha, Serena or even Caro (when she was still # 1 and cared) choosing this guy?

Last year, Caro's father (and rightfully so) was supposedly interested in Ivanko, cause he took a overweight player, who slimmed down, won a Grand Slam and YEC, and almost became number one and made great strides in a short amount of time. That move would have made sense. Instead, Petra gets Lucie Safarova's left overs/sloppy seconds as her new fitness coach. SMH

Petra should be choosing the best people (either for her or Period) available to her, not sheepishly accepting Cernosek Cronies like the Good Soldier or Comrade.

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 5th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #1751
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
I don't care what Lucie looked like (it could be all genetic by the way), her results were always bad to disappointing.

Plus, if we hold Lucie to the same standard so many of us do here for Petra; she obviously wasn't in very good condition because she plays an even more high risk game than Kvitova. Continuing with this logic, if Safarova was truly "in shape", she would know how to rally longer and wait for her opportunities, than make so many bone head decisions and plays.

Petra is much better than Safarova in this respect. So once again, having Safarova's Fitness guy is not really saying much. As a matter of fact, it's quite a disappointment, on any level.

As far as Sydney and Brisbane, I really didn't think about it much, cause I was still in shock, that this guy was all that Cernosek could come up with after such a long search. SMH
Lucie suffers 'brain disorder' just like Dani, Ana, Bojana etc. but she had great physical shape, If he can get Petra close to Lucie's form everything would be ok cause Petra would benefit from it and she doesn't have meltdowns like Dani. This time i believe Petra was correct when she said if she's healthy wins would come
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #1752
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Lucie suffers 'brain disorder' just like Dani, Ana, Bojana etc. but she had great physical shape, If he can get Petra close to Lucie's form everything would be ok cause Petra would benefit from it and she doesn't have meltdowns like Dani. This time i believe Petra was correct when she said if she's healthy wins would come
Once again, I don't know how you can say "close to Lucie's form" when she can't play a rally longer than 9 strokes (and I'm being generous here)?

Just cause you look a certain way, doesn't mean you're in great shape. And on the converse, just cause you may not look like you're in good shape to some people, it doesn't mean your not.

A lot of "brainfarts" happen in tennis matches cause you give up on the rally when you feel/know you're not in shape. Plus, Lucie is slower than Petra (though Petra's bigger), so what did he really accomplish with her anyway?

Yes, I'm picking on Lucie and her former trainer, cause I don't see what's so special about her or her game that I should be excited about him as a Petra fan (mind you the middling Safarova career achievements).
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #1753
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Careful w/ that shit dude. You may get inundated with phone calls from hacks like journalists (looking for a dirty Kvitty gossip). They'll all be calling you, pretending that they are Petronius

We met at Costa Coffee today and had a great chat. Our new subforum member will be a huge contribution to this board.

BTW be careful what you say here jerriy-turned-droog-turned-raiden, because everything you say is being carefully analyzed and sent directly to Petra's father

BTW, I liked the jerriy name more, could you please switch back
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1754
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The REAL question maybe, is he a frustrated wrestler that all of a sudden decided to go and call himself MMA, or is he really an excellent trainer?
The reason why his face isn't too famous is because his wrestling identity in the CR was 'The Masked Bed-wetter'(we can have Paul translate that into Czech for us).Cermosek actually has a great plan here because he plans on training Petra how to distract the chair umpire and linesmen while her physio throws powder in her opponent's face and blinds her a` la Mr.Fuji

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1755
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post

We met at Costa Coffee today and had a great chat. Our new subforum member will be a huge contribution to this board.

BTW be careful what you say here jerriy-turned-droog-turned-raiden, because everything you say is being carefully analyzed and sent directly to Petra's father

BTW, I liked the jerriy name more, could you please switch back
Nice to hear that I could be a contribution to this board. I hope, Petra's new coach shall bring in some positive things concerning Petra's stamina and form - but now its too early to judge it. I think Brisbane and Sydney tournaments will indicate more...

Today's date with Petronius in Costa Coffee in Prague Chodov was very nice, he seems to be informed well about the Czech tennis which was really great. Unfortunatelly I dont have an option to speak with some informed guy that often and must say that it was really great to meet Petronius and discuss all the things. I hope to repeat our date more often. Today we have also discussed the players that should attend the Prostejov's league final at the end of the year and at that moment we still have not been informed yet that Agniezska is going to be there this year!!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately - Istanbul 2012) she shall play for Prostejov, so there is no option to see some Agniezska vs Lucie or Agniezska vs Petra match...
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote