Ana Konjuh - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM   #826
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Bouchard will still get a Year-End Ranking though. So in-terms of JE, Siniakova, Townsend and Bouchard will all be ahead

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #827
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
As we come to the end of the year Ana is broke in the top 10 and now she is #7 in the world, but that's not where she will stop. Till the end of the year she will most certainly be at least #5 even if she earn 0 points at Orange Bowl. It's because Bouchard will be erased from the list due to her age (1994), and Kontaveit will lose points from last year's Orange Bowl and Ana will surpass her.

But that's not all...Abanda is not playing Orange Bowl due to injury and she have only 22.5 points more than Ana so there are pretty good chances Ana can surpass her too with QF in singles and QF in doubles and become #4 in the world.

But even that is not all...Lottner, like Abanda, also don't play this year's Orange Bowl and she is only 48.75 points in front...with two semi-finals (in singles and doubles) Ana could become #3...Neither Abanda or Lottner are defending points till the end of the year, so it's all in Ana's hands but #5 is secured!!!

On the other hand, fewer than 100 points separate Ana from #16, and Orange Bowl is a GA, with lots of points up for grabs (250/180/120 for singles W/RU/SF, plus points from doubles).

That means that it Ana doesn't do well, there are many girls who could overtake her (Kulichkova, Bencic, Zhao, etc.). Ana herself needs to reach the QF in singles or doubles to gain any points.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM   #828
country flag Lucas Zarich

Lucas Zarich is an unknown quantity at this point

Ana and Elise seed N°1 in doubles.

First match:
CRO KONJUH, Ana / BEL MERTENS, Elise vs. USA WIKTORIN, Claudia / USA WILEY, Kristin

more info: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/G18D1.PDF
Lucas Zarich is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #829
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
On the other hand, fewer than 100 points separate Ana from #16, and Orange Bowl is a GA, with lots of points up for grabs (250/180/120 for singles W/RU/SF, plus points from doubles).

That means that it Ana doesn't do well, there are many girls who could overtake her (Kulichkova, Bencic, Zhao, etc.). Ana herself needs to reach the QF in singles or doubles to gain any points.
Kulichkova is defending 300 points this month so I think she is not a real threat for Ana...

Bencic should enter semi-final with Ana to gain no more than 11 points (I don't belive in that)...

Zhao is miles away at the moment...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #830
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Zarich View Post
Ana and Elise seed N°1 in doubles.

First match:
CRO KONJUH, Ana / BEL MERTENS, Elise vs. USA WIKTORIN, Claudia / USA WILEY, Kristin

more info: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/G18D1.PDF
Nice doubles team GL girls

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #831
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

http://www.jutarnji.hr/ivanisevic--n...op-10/1070393/

For those who are not fluid in Croatian, it's an article where Goran Ivanisevic is talking about how he is not surprised with Konjuh winning the Eddie Herr and how he would be very surprised if Donna Vekic and Ana Konjuh not become top 10 players one day...
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #832
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Great. So I'm not the only one
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #833
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

In our well-deserved excitement about Ana and Donna, let's not forget about our other young players. Yesterday, at the Orange Bowl, Jana Fett (b. 1996; #135 in juniors) convincingly beat Elena Maltseva (#83) 63 60
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #834
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana won 6:1 6:3.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #835
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Where did you find the result?

Wooow i didn't expect to be so convincing against Black....

2nd round should be even easier match...congrats Ana!!!
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #836
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Good easy win!
I kinda expected it, I don't know why people think Tornado is so good, watched her play and was not impressed at all.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #837
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Bravo Ana !

Croatian 'Oluja' is again better than american 'Tornado'!
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #838
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

I just thought Ana might've been tired after last week, that's about the scoreline I'd expect from Ana on any other occasion though.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #839
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Good, but expected win for Ana.
Second round should be even easier.
Then the 3rd round should be pretty hard, with Allie Kiick probably waiting there
Then, if everything goes safe and sound, Ana should face Belinda Bencic in the QF, dream match-up for me

By the way, Juan Pablo found out the result 24 minutes before Meelis did
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #840
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Source is open and well known - local newspaper site. There is no mistery. Journist (tonči vlašić) has link to ana's father mario.

Last edited by juan pablo : Dec 4th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread