Alexandra Cadantu - A matter of perspective
To make a further step forward in the development of her game, she will have to train even harder and more professional. Therefore she ended the year splitting up in friendship with Popovici and has now a new formed coaching team of 3 on her side, headed by Artemon Apostu, supported by Adrian Gavrila and most noticeable, looked after by former ATP pro and world #148 Adrian Cruciat.
I did not know that so thanks for this info.
Great article as always. The Begu one was the most emotional.
My most emotional matches from all Romanian players:
- Alexandra winning Warsaw first. I was so tense in the end with all the weather mess and restart, but it just felt so surreal, especially how she completely demolished Bondarenko in the end
- Alexandra winning Warsaw for the second time. Made me unbelievably happy and by looking at the hate and all that bashing (Dulgheru winning watch etc.) the most satisfying win ever
- Alexandra again, losing to Sharapova in Miami 6-7 in the 3rd after over 4 hours of crueling fight. I stayed up all night and I was so crushed and empty afterwards. In hindisght that tough loss also was the nail into the coffin for her knees.
- Sorana losing to Ivanovic in Linz, the second set lasted 12 minutes, just sad. I'm glad she picked it up again.
- Irina-Camelia's TB dilemma nearly made me throwing my laptop out of the window. For the first time I really pitied someone for being such a headcase, I have never seen anything similar in my life as a tennis fan
Classic Romanian match with tons of drama and chokes. I wouldn't be surprised if she wasted SPs in the 1st.
Anyway, good to see the work with her new coaching staff paying off in the fitness department. Like no other player in the Top 100 Alexandra is dependent on the fitness, because she needs to play a lot of tournaments especially on the slow clay to keep up her ranking.