Anett Kontaveit - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #1336
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Wow, that's a great result! Too bad about the tiebreak, but a really great 2nd and 3rd set. Honestly I didn't believe she could win after losing the tb.
This should be her best win on ITF/WTA circuit?

Next up is Sadikovic, lost to her last time in Helsinki, but it went to three sets. Hopefully a revenge is waiting Or it goes by the other scenario when she defeats a high seed only to lose to someone random in the next round.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1337
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Wow, that's a win
Told ye
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #1338
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett So good
A shame she lost the tiebreak but an opportunity to finish the season on a high, get her first SF and to perhaps watch her on a livestream
Unfortunately tonight's match won't be streamed, but her SF will be

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1339
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

It was so nerve-wrecking to follow the score. I was scared that she could choke the match away, especially when she got broken easily when she was serving at 4-1 in 3rd set but she instead won the next 2 games and the match

#1 seed killer..Townsend in USO, Majeric in Yoshkar-Ola and Knapp here
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #1340
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Lost to Sadikovic 57 36.

Can't say that I'm not disappointed, even if Sadikovic should win the whole thing. Still not going anywhere at 25ks really. But I understand it's not fair to expect such a big development each year like she had last year.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1341
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

And what do you know, Anett managed to yet again lose to the eventual winner.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #1342
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I know And except for Mestach and Majeric, Anett was the closest as Sadikovic gave Schmiedlova a bagel. But I can understand why Sadikovic is a bad match up for Anett: She has a huge serve but has really good defensive skills, playing a good slice and excellent volleys. Anett would have struggled to attack her and when she gave a short ball, I think Sadikovic would have won almost every point. I hope Anett plays Ankara 50K I think she has a chance to go far there Anyway, 2 straight 25K QFs is much better for Anett than some of her other results this season

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #1343
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I'm also disappointed even if we now know that Sadikovic has won the tournament. Still no 25k semi and far from the initial goal (top 300). Let's see how she will continue developing in the coming year.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1344
country flag WhoAmI?

Just a useless fact: Anett's #108 this week in the race to Istanbul 2013
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #1345
country flag borat008

borat008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not surprisingly Anett was chosen Estonian junior of the year and Marten got the award for the best junior coach.
May be it is time for Marten to move on and start coaching Kaia!
borat008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #1346
country flag chingching

WD Anett :0
And nice to have a new fan and member
Welcome
Anyway, does anyone have any idea of what Anett's goals should be for 2013?
I think that if she can play consistently and play easier tournaments Top 200 Given all of her peers are there

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1347
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post

WD Anett :0
And nice to have a new fan and member
Welcome
Anyway, does anyone have any idea of what Anett's goals should be for 2013?
I think that if she can play consistently and play easier tournaments Top 200 Given all of her peers are there
And he's Romanian, on top of that

Perhaps Anett should start drawing players who're not in their best form ever at that particular moment
I expect a top 250 ranking, maybe more if she chooses to play a few easier tournaments than usual, but she really needs some luck with the draws.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #1348
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
And he's Romanian, on top of that
Not really:

Chad

I didn't know these two countries have such similar flags..
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #1349
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Not really:

Chad

I didn't know these two countries have such similar flags..

It's not like there's a big difference between Romania and Chad though
Also, Andorra has the same flag, but usually it's shown with an emblem on it.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1350
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm late on this, but here is my report from the USO:

-I saw some of Kontaveit-Kiick. It was such a messy match . Tons of UEs. Kontaveit had more power and basically dictated play from what I saw, although it was clear that neither player was on their A game. But Kontaveit did hit some nice winners here and there

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote