Players playing at their peak and still losing the match - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM   #91
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players playing at their peak and still losing the match

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
So damn delusional

I truly feel so sorry for you that you cannot (no matter how hard you try to) enter the world of reality.

I suppose it must be less painful living in a delusional world than living in reality ... so I suppose I can try and understand.
So what exactly was not true about his post?
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM   #92
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
at PetraNo.8
@ Wozniacki no 10 without a slam
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM   #93
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@ Wozniacki no 10 without a slam
Oh finally she is listening, I can see that you found your place. Enjoy your fight against Pusher fans and maybe next year you will come back in the elite group but for now you're stuck with them.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #94
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Oh finally she is listening, I can see that you found your place. Enjoy your fight against Pusher fans and maybe next year you will come back in the elite group but for now you're stuck with them.
Don't think so....

PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM   #95
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Kerber against Azarenka in iStanbul
Jankovic against Serena at the US Open in 2008
Dementieva against Serena at Wimbledon in 2009
These.

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM   #96
country flag jacobruiz

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Just because you obsess over one player doesn't mean everyone else does. You see, that's what I mean - there's definitely something wrong with you

I'm a tennis FAN which means I like the game of tennis and various players' games, but I know you cannot comprehend that. Never mind
What are you talking about? You're more obsessed with
Maria than anyone else on here!

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM   #97
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I agree about Maria playing at her peak in YEC2007 but still lost to Peak Henin.
One of the best YEC finals if not the best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Just no. She was in the peak period of her career, but this was hardly her peak level of play. To be honest, she only just gutted that one out. I felt off the ground Sharapova was just better and Justine was not finding enough variety to hurt her. Of course, there are factors like it being indoors (where Justine could get rushed) and Sharapova playing at a level she was not prepared for, but it also was a really busy end of the season for her.

Despite everything though, I did not ever think she was going to lose the match. The epic fight she put up probably caused her to declare it was the pinnacle of her career or something when she retired the next year.

I think in terms of her game AT THE TIME (which I am still over), Justine's loss to Serena in the 2010 AO final is an example for the OP.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM   #98
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

All players who are more than 24 yo and still didn't manage to enter at least top 30.
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #99
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic, folks.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #100
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing miffedmax I can't help but to think back to Oudin vs. Dementieva in Paris in 2010
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #101
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Nope and Max basically told me he wouldn't be
ILuvKvitty is a she. I know it's really hard to believe.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #102
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusted at I Luv Kitty I used to like a lot and at Brickhousesupporter.

Really.

Anyway back to topic :

Justine Henin def Serena Williams RG 03
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #103
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Samantha Stosur def Serena Williams RG 2010

No I don't think that was peak Rena but damn was she trying Should have been a 6-2 6-3 victory for Sam anyway

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #104
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope and Max basically told me he wouldn't be

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #105
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Disgusted at I Luv Kitty I used to like a lot and at Brickhousesupporter.

Really.

Anyway back to topic :

Justine Henin def Serena Williams RG 03
Whatever will I do without your approval Debby.........anyway you know damn well that was not peak Serena.