Maria's best match in 2012? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Maria's best match of 2012?

AO SFs: [4]Sharapova def. [2]Kvitova 6-2 3-6 6-4 8 15.38%
Stuttgart QFs2]Sharapova def. [5]Stosur 6-7(5) 7-6(5) 7-5 20 38.46%
Stuttgart SFs2]Sharapova def. [3]Kvitova 6-4 7-6(3) 2 3.85%
Stuttgart Finals2]Sharapova def. [1]Azarenka 6-1 6-4 34 65.38%
RG SFs2]Sharapova def. [4]Kvitova 6-3 6-3 5 9.62%
RG Finals2]Sharapova def. [21]Errani 6-3 6-2 6 11.54%
Olympics R163]Sharapova def. [15]Lisicki 6-7(8) 6-4 6-3 9 17.31%
Olympics SFs3]Sharapova def. [14]Kirilenko 6-2 6-3 4 7.69%
Beijing QFs2]Sharapova def. [5]Kerber 6-0 3-0 RET. 15 28.85%
YEC Istanbul SFs2]Sharapova def. [1]Azarenka 6-4 6-2 11 21.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #16
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's best match in 2012?

I voted for
1) AO SFs: [4]Sharapova def. [2]Kvitova 6-2 3-6 6-4 , turning point in Kvitova-Sharapova rivalry in 2012
2) Stuttgart QFs2]Sharapova def. [5]Stosur 6-7(5) 7-6(5) 7-5, best match quality wise
3) Olympics R163]Sharapova def. [15]Lisicki 6-7(8) 6-4 6-3, one of the most important matches in Masha's career and she did it for her country, she just couldn't lose after being flagbearer for Russia
4) both Masha's wins over Azarenka , their rivalry is still ahead , but in 2012 Masha made a statement that it won't be easy for Azarenka

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #17
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

for me it's tie between Stuttgart final and Beijing quarter.

but i vote Beijing because WOW. beijingpova at her peak. she didn't even let Kerber won a game eventhough the match was more tight than the score suggest. this match is underrated anyway.

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #18
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Definitely the Stuttgart Final. After watching her get thrashed by Azarenka at AO and IW and of course the loss we shall not mention in Miami, it was great to see Maria get that final match monkey off her back

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart final for sure, in terms of level of play.

That said, her Australian Open run still holds special value for me, even if it ended on a sour note. I really had doubts this time last year if she still had Grand Slam-winning tennis left in her, and it was that tournament that convinced me she was going to get that 4th Slam eventually. And even though on paper I thought ahead of her SF against Kvitova that she had a decent shot, it had been so long since she got that kind of scalp at a Slam that I don't think I truly believed in my heart until I saw it happen with my own eyes. So in some ways, even if that SF wasn't her best performance of the year (although I do think the match is underrated quality-wise, Kvitova played a shitty last game but up til then the 3rd set was great imo), in some ways it has the most sentimental value for me.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM   #20
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

1. Stuttgart Final
She had her best winners/ues ratio ever. Great display!

2. Stuttgart QFs

Quite the turnaround and an amazing match from both.

3. 3rd round Olympics
The intensity. Maria was so freaking nervous. The first set was divine.

Honorable mentions:
3rd AO Kerber, RG Final, All the Kvitova matches
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #21
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

What about Maria Sharapova vs Sabine Lisicki @ the Olympics - That smile after she had hit that lefty winner @ the net was wonderful
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #22
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

Honestly, her match against Stosur in Stuttgart was one of the greatest matches I have ever seen her play in my entire life. Her serve was incredible, everything was on that whole tournament. If only she could hit serves and backhands like that all the time..
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote