Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #1081
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Her play in the Final was sensational. I know that it was NID if a decent Maria turned up but peaople discredit that match needlessly. Errani fought her heart out and MADE Maria play for it, how many quality hour long 6-2 sets have there been? That second in the Final was easily one of them.
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #1082
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I think it is underrated dsanders. I've always thought of that match as clinical. No choking BS or wind fuckery. She did exactly what she needed to do and did it efficiently. The most amazing thing about her performance for me was the way she made it seem like an early round match, despite playing to regain that ranking which would obviously have been huge for her.
I agree I never underrated that match, thinking about it now, it was tougher than the final imho.
Seeing them play today, even if it was an exho, made me realize the FO final was NID. I could have bet my house on her that day
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:48 AM   #1083
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Her play in the Final was sensational. I know that it was NID if a decent Maria turned up but peaople discredit that match needlessly. Errani fought her heart out and MADE Maria play for it, how many quality hour long 6-2 sets have there been? That second in the Final was easily one of them.
Could not agree more. That tournament was incredibly satisfying for a number of reasons, but one of them is because the final was really well-played and Maria had to play well to win it. I like that Errani made her earn it and Maria stepped up big time. I get all sentimental just thinking about it

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1084

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

I was randomly walking to the shop a few weeks ago. It could have been for the YEC, anyway it really hit me that she won RG. I mean it just feels so surreal a lot of the time but then I had my headphones in and was so tempted to bust some moves on the street.
It just makes me so happy. Every time is see those four W's on her Wikipedia info box.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:07 AM   #1085
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the temptation to dismiss the final is because it was "just" Errani, whereas the SF was against someone who beat her in a Slam final less than 12 months before. But I do agree her play in the final was very good too. I'm not sure it was *quite* as good as the SF for me, purely because in the SF she hit a few more "WOW!" shots, whereas in the final she was playing a more deliberately high-% game. But, with that said, for all the talk from some GMers of Maria's Career Grand Slam being undeserved because she supposedly didn't adapt her game to clay, imo Maria's play in that RG final was about as close to a classic claycourt strategy as we're going to get from any top player in the post-Henin WTA.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:11 AM   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I guess the temptation to dismiss the final is because it was "just" Errani, whereas the SF was against someone who beat her in a Slam final less than 12 months before. But I do agree her play in the final was very good too. I'm not sure it was *quite* as good as the SF for me, purely because in the SF she hit a few more "WOW!" shots, whereas in the final she was playing a more deliberately high-% game. But, with that said, for all the talk from some GMers of Maria's Career Grand Slam being undeserved because she supposedly didn't adapt her game to clay, imo Maria's play in that RG final was about as close to a classic claycourt strategy as we're going to get from any top player in the post-Henin WTA.
I can't at some people, that's the reason she won.
Maria is never going to be able to Schiavone or Henin her way about a clay court. I wouldn't be surprised if these past two season of hers becomes the prototype when teaching power players how to play on clay.

Last edited by ServeCaspian : Dec 2nd, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
ServeCaspian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:17 AM   #1087
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I just feel like she hit a ton more winners in the final. And that stretch forehand winner at 5-2, 30-all in the final was EPIC.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM   #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I just feel like she hit a ton more winners in the final. And that stretch forehand winner at 5-2, 30-all in the final was EPIC.
That one, I was near in tears.
I was like YASSS BITCH GET THIS FUCKING SLAM. I was such a mess that day.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:29 AM   #1089
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
That one, I was near in tears.
I was like YASSS BITCH GET THIS FUCKING SLAM. I was such a mess that day.
Yep me too. I was literally on cloud 9 the entire day. I had the day off work and I just chilled and had some beers with a couple friends. It didn't hit me until like a week ago what she had accomplished, but man, what a moment.

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:04 AM   #1090
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Gonna watch Hope Springs now has anyone seen it?
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM   #1091
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't at some people, that's the reason she won.
Maria is never going to be able to Schiavone or Henin her way about a clay court. I wouldn't be surprised if these past two season of hers becomes the prototype when teaching power players how to play on clay.
Much if it has to do with Maria's improved movement and her learning how to slide. And she was more disciplined about when to go for winners. She played the percentages more while still being Sharapova.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1092
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Much if it has to do with Maria's improved movement and her learning how to slide. And she was more disciplined about when to go for winners. She played the percentages more while still being Sharapova.
Yep exactly what Henin said after Maria won the title. The improved movement played a big part in all Maria's titles on red clay.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1093
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Oh giorgio

Thank you Giorgio Armani for inviting us to your beautiful home. What an experience!
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1094
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well, except for Maria, Errani has been the most successful claycourt player of 2012. People put a asteriks behind her titles of earlier in the year because they came in small-ish tournaments and because with her petite physique she doesn't look the part, but her making it to the final of the FO confirmed that she was for real. So Maria beating Errani in the final is not to be taken as lightly as some GM-ers try to make it sound, although everyone (including me) was expecting it. This Errani could probably have given the "cow on ice" version of Maria a run for her money. I agree that Maria now has adapted her game to claycourts.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1095
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I haven't, but I love your avi
Thanks Although I'm new at this re-sizing stuff and would have liked if it was a bit bigger and clearer but whatever
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread