** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #46
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

A date to remember with Maria Sharapova

by Arjun Pandit

New Delhi: I clearly remember the evening when I had just finished work and was ready to pack in for the day, when a good friend came and said 'thank me later'. Confused at that remark, my obvious follow up question was 'what for'? My friend for some reason chose to ignore me but my editor later called me to her cabin and said 'Pandit get ready, you might get to interview Maria Sharapova'. Needless to say my heart skipped a beat but being a true professional (that I try to be), I responded with a simple 'cool'. Obviously I wouldn't tell my boss that I've been a big fan of the Siberian Bombshell and tennis had nothing to do with my fascination for her.

The next 2 days were spent dreaming about the perfect interview. And of course I had to resemble prince charming though Maria didn't need a makeover as she's perfect the way she is! Needless to say I had to tell my friends, whose first reaction was 'Pandit yaar, we need to drink to that', followed by suggestions ranging from wearing shoes which would enhance my 5 feet 9 frame to a more respectable height, as Maria's 6 feet 2, added to her insistence for heels, she becomes all of 6 feet 4 inches!

I for one had given serious thought of asking out the 10th woman to win a career slam. After all, I didn't have much to lose? Rejection (99.9999% certain), slap in the face (in true Sharapova forehand style) or just being called a perv (let's face it, that's normal). All the above scenarios went right out of the window on the day of the interview as I was told Maria wasn't doing one on ones!

Disappointed but not deterred from the cause, I set out for the South Delhi Hotel, eagerly waiting to set eyes on the woman of my dreams. As usual I was late, as usual there were several other print and T.V. channels trying to sugarcoat the organisers in hope of getting that one big exclusive that would run on their channel the entire day. None of their efforts paid off and we were all asked to take our seats before the guest of honor came into the room. The flash lights started clicking, cameras started rolling as soon as ethereal Ms Sharapova was in the house! Tall, well turned out but far more beautiful than I had ever expected.

Soon the questions began, 'What's your favourite title win', 'What do you make of Serena Williams', 'How do you view Women's tennis'? That's when I decided to raise my hand, microphone ready and my first words to the highest earning woman athlete in the world were 'Maria...I think your very pretty', that's it! Silence engulfed the small room that was holding the press conference, when Sharapova said 'Thanks but it's only my make-up and hair, I don't wake up looking like this in the morning'. The entire room was laughing and I for one realized that not only is she very beautiful but also extremely charming with her words.

The rest of the press conference was a breeze, after all I can one day tell people that I told the one only Maria Sharapova she was very pretty and to top it all, she responded to it! I guess that's what you say are the perks of being a sports reporter.

http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/blogs/...aria-sharapova

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #47
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Thanks for posting the article NashaMasha. This guy's a hoot.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #48
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Masha's Schedule 2013 (First Half)
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #49
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova is looking to return to the No. 1 spot in the world rankings after rediscovering her best form this year.

Sharapova endured a difficult few years after undergoing shoulder surgery at the end of 2008, but has come back brilliantly and briefly reached No. 1 after winning the French Open to complete a career Grand Slam.
''Obviously the goal is always to shoot for top spot and that's always where you want to be and stay,'' Sharapova said on Friday.
''It's one thing to reach the No. 1 ranking, another to keep it. ''But what's most important and the main goal is to win as many matches as you can and then the rankings takes care of itself.
To get to No. 1 the only thing to do is to work hard and you have to treat every match, no matter what it is, the same.
That's what we all do.'' Sharapova is in Milan to play an exhibition tournament on Saturday, with another former No. 1, Ana Ivanovic. They will face Italians Sara Errani, who Sharapova beat in the French Open final, and Roberta Vinci.
Errani also comes into the tournament off the back of a fantastic year, which has seen her rise from No. 45 at the beginning of 2012 to No. 6.
As well as reaching the final at Ronaldo Garros, Errani also progressed to the semifinals of the US Open and won the doubles title at both events with Vinci.
''I never expected it all either, it's been an incredible year,'' Errani said. ''Starting from the Australian Open, I had very great results and was consistent, in the singles as well as the doubles.
It will be hard to repeat that next year, but I will always try to give my maximum. ''Sharapova is a very strong player, so obviously it will be very difficult, but I'll try.
She's very difficult to play against, very strong with lots of power. I'll do my best but it won't be easy.''
The match takes place after Ivanovic's against Vinci, while the Italian duo - who are top of the doubles rankings - then play together against Sharapova and Ivanovic. Ivanovic, who is currently No. 13, is also aiming to get back to the top of the rankings, a place she last occupied after winning the French Open in 2008.
''That's my goal,'' she said. ''I'm here and I feel I really have the potential to get back to the top and I want to work hard to do so.
"Last year was great, I hope this year will be even better. ''2008 was amazing. I still remember that week in Paris. It was crazy because I realised two big dreams at the same time.
"It was very, very overwhelming. But it's true that since then it hasn't gone as I would have wanted but there is still time to get back there and I have all the ability to do so.''
Vinci crushed Ivanovic 6-0, 6-0 at the Rogers Cup in August - the first time the Serbian had lost by such a result - but the world No. 16 isn't expecting a similar result on Saturday.
''That was a very particular match,'' Vinci said. ''Everything worked out for me and nothing for her. So it won't be the same tomorrow but I will give it everything.''
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #50
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

I told myself I wouldn't get excited about exhos but the grand comedy of Pova and Ana trying to play doubles against the top-ranked (I think) doubles team is too much. Bring it on!
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #51
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^
IKR This is gonna be so much fun can't wait to see them as a team
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM   #52
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Grigor Dimitrov e Maria Sharapova: nuovo amore a Milano?

Sharapova e Dimitrov avvistati per le strade milanesi

Grigor Dimitrov è il giocatore che ultimamente fa più parlare di sè....fuori dal campo. Dopo il presunto flirt (non confermato) con Serena Williams, tocca adesso a Maria Sharapova. I due ieri pomeriggio sono stati avvistati per le strade di Milano e sono apparsi molto complici ad un semaforo: si sono scambiati battute e sorrisi. Strano l'atteggiamento dei due che hanno percorso le vie più glamour milanesi a debita distanza e si sono poi separati in seguito.... (clicca qui per vedere il video dal minuto 6:00)

Tutto farebbe pensare ad una frequentazione con la bella Masha, come si dice in questi casi: se son rose...fioriranno.

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Gri...medium=twitter
In english with Google translate:

Quote:
Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova: new love in Milan?

Sharapova and Dimitrov spotted on the streets of Milan

Grigor Dimitrov is the player who ultimately makes more talk about themselves .... off the field. After allegedly flirt (unconfirmed) with Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova's next to. The two were spotted yesterday afternoon in the streets of Milan and appeared very accomplices at a traffic light: they exchanged jokes and smiles. The strange behavior of the two who walked the streets of the most glamorous Milan at arm's length and are then separated later .... (click here to see the video from minute 6:00)

Everything suggests an association with the beautiful Masha, as they say in these cases: if they are roses ... flourish.
Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM   #53
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^ here's hoping

but i dont like that he's renas sloppy seconds
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM   #54
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

So, Maria's definitely having a menage-a-trois with Serena and Grigor But Serena's apparently dating Patrick M. It's so confusing

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM   #55
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post

As well as reaching the final at Ronaldo Garros, Errani also progressed to the semifinals of the US Open and won the doubles title at both events with Vinci.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #56
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
So, Maria's definitely having a menage-a-trois with Serena and Grigor But Serena's apparently dating Patrick M. It's so confusing
i guess right now we all knew what she was talking about with rena lol

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM   #57
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Oh my god I just noticed this
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM   #58
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I read that Masha took the 4 place regarding "aces" for this year. She scored 244 ones. The article states that is great progress for her after shoulder injury. But I wonder what is her maximum trough the whole career?
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM   #59
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
I read that Masha took the 4 place regarding "aces" for this year. She scored 244 ones. The article states that is great progress for her after shoulder injury. But I wonder what is her maximum trough the whole career?
I think maybe 2005/2006. I would say 05 for sure but she had a few injuries that year.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #60
country flag ahoura

ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light ahoura is a glorious beacon of light

on Friday Maria play against Caroline. can We Watch this match in satelite ?
ahoura is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote