December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #106
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & 2013 Summer Events

I like that list I'm going to tip Ash to win again or maybe Sacha. I feel like Olivia might not be quite so motivated having almost made the cut.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #107
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sacha's out, still has an injury I guess One more spot open and one more for the 18s winner.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #108
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

That sucks, I wonder what it will mean for her chances of an AO WC.
Would really love it now if someone other than Ash or Liv comes through and wins it just to change things up a bit.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #109
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
That sucks, I wonder what it will mean for her chances of an AO WC.
Would really love it now if someone other than Ash or Liv comes through and wins it just to change things up a bit.
That sux so bad for Sacha....without these injuries she would of been a regular semi finalist (minimum) on the pro tour Esperance, Margs, bendigo and Traralgon.....could easily of jumped up into the 130s in the ranking...

I still think she is a lock in for a MD WC as long as she is fit...

Maybe she can get a wildcard for auckland wta and get some matches in there
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #110
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Was looking foward to Rach playing the playoff but hopefully she does well in those 10k's.

I wonder what's going to happen with Petkovic. I thought she'd be able to use a SR to get in to the main draw in Melbourne, but apparently she can't. I wonder if she will get a WC or be made to qualify?
just because shes former top 10 does not mean she will get a WC You don't see Kimiko getting WCs

Who replaces Sacha then?

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #111
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
just because shes former top 10 does not mean she will get a WC You don't see Kimiko getting WCs

Who replaces Sacha then?
Bit different she was top 10 just this year. Plus she's fairly high profile because of the 'dance' and I didn't say she definetly would was just putting it out there as an option they might take.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #112
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Bit different she was top 10 just this year. Plus she's fairly high profile because of the 'dance' and I didn't say she definetly would was just putting it out there as an option they might take.
If she was just coming back from injury maybe but she played a lot since her comeback so I don't think so.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #113
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
If she was just coming back from injury maybe but she played a lot since her comeback so I don't think so.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
We will have to see. I don't think we can rule it out though. I hope not though I want one of our girls to get it.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #114
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

If you look at recent AMT results (assuming they're correct) some of the TA favs on the list did not do well. And Hadzic, WTF girl? Sanders and the others on the Dec Showdown video clips were always going to be on the list. I'd be inclined to give Baric a go. Woolcock seems to be gaining ground again, perhaps a new coach? It just goes to show all are pretty much up and down and no clear leaders in the second tier. If the home grown likes of Baric, Tredoux, and even Kier for example got the same funding and opportunities I can't see why they'd achieve any less than the favs. They also have the natural game style of being hitters vs pusher/ grinders but need refinement.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #115
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Sanders or Hadzic would be strong favourites to take out the 18s I reckon. If they do, their spot will be freed up for the 18s runner up (if they aren't on this original list already).
Not if performance in recent AMTs is anything to go by?
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #116
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

18s Girls Singles - Qualifying

Lyann Hoang [1] v Ashleigh Capannolo
Chloe Hule v Annabelle Andrinopoulos
Katerina Valos [WC] v Olivia Tjandramulia
Georgiana Ruhrig v Ebony Panoho [4]

Stefani Stojic [2] v Andrea Dikosavljevic
Gussie O'Sullivan v Sara Tomic [WC]
Nicole Collie v Michaela Capannolo
Noelleda Ah San v Elizabeth James [3]
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #117
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

So Hives, Hon, Perez and Sharma were given MD WCs. Good choices. On the TA website it has a list of players that have been excluded from the tournament including Bains and Wallace. Any idea what that means?

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 12:51 AM   #118
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-y View Post
If the home grown likes of Baric, Tredoux, and even Kier for example got the same funding and opportunities I can't see why they'd achieve any less than the favs. They also have the natural game style of being hitters vs pusher/ grinders but need refinement.
Its that unknown measure called 'potential' that has seen some get more opportunities than others. Potential could mean a huge but erractic hitter like a 16 y/o Alicia Molik getting handouts even though more steadier gals could beat her at the time, but everyone knowing her game could go far. Or potential also means some gals father kisses ass to the right people so his little girl gets an handout.

Every sport has politics.... not always does funding go the right person.... or in most cases it goes to the great of an not-so-great age group....
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 03:52 AM   #119
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
So Hives, Hon, Perez and Sharma were given MD WCs. Good choices. On the TA website it has a list of players that have been excluded from the tournament including Bains and Wallace. Any idea what that means?
Pretty sure Wallace and Bains just withdrew. Bains did have a quali WC, but it was a bit much to ask just coming from America.

That qualifying draw is really tough, Stojic vs Dikosavljevic and Panoho vs Ruhrig
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 04:18 AM   #120
country flag Dani12

14s team semis -

NSW d Victoria 2-0
Mendez d Aiava 7-6 6-1
Huang d Pits 7-5 0-6 6-4

WA d SA 2-0
Inglis d Kraemer 6-1 6-2
Bollweg d Milner 6-3 6-4

Great win for NSW, Victoria with Aiava and Pits were absolutely dominating the competition and barely losing games. I don't think Mendez has ever beaten Aiava before, so that's a good win for her.