News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #541
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Very interesting if that's a real E-mail and you're not just bullshitting us.
Ha! Seriously, you can go to IEC's website and email the guy yourself
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #542
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

1 month to go why wait sooo long...? But here in DK no news either...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #543
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Given that the UK sports channels have published their schedules over the new year, the only broadcaster left that could show Brisbane is BT, but who launches a sport channel at Christmas? It could be that they're just going to miss the start of the season while they get their act together or just launch it FTA on their own platform only.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #544
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Nordic countries we has a Tennis channel, my guess they will show the first up China MM, (IF not Brisbane) even it not yet in their schedules...

They have now add they will show the 6 TOP 10 mens playing just after Christmas...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #545
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrusca View Post
I just emailed Daniel Franck, Joint COO of IEC In Sport to ask what the situation is with UK broadcast rights. Wasn't really expecting a reply, but got one straight away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Very interesting if that's a real E-mail and you're not just bullshitting us.
Quote:
Ha! Seriously, you can go to IEC's website and email the guy yourself
http://www.iec.se/contact

I think I'll do the same. Beats twisting in the wind.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #546
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
it will either be ESPN or Sky I reckon...
Sky listings up to January 12th show only one tennis program; the Murray/Djokovic USO final on December 26th. Both stations could still be in the running, heck, anything is possible at this rate!
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #547
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
Sky listings up to January 12th show only one tennis program; the Murray/Djokovic USO final on December 26th. Both stations could still be in the running, heck, anything is possible at this rate!
This is 100% incorrect though. Cos Sky 100% are showing the Abu Dhabi exhibition at the end of December. I presume, but I don't know for certain that Eurosport are also showing ATP Doha like normal the week after too.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #548
country flag Dodge

Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all

Quote:
Given that the UK sports channels have published their schedules over the new year, the only broadcaster left that could show Brisbane is BT, but who launches a sport channel at Christmas? It could be that they're just going to miss the start of the season while they get their act together or just launch it FTA on their own platform only.
The IEC deal starts January 2nd. Whoever has it will have to pay for Brisbane so why not show it?
Dodge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #549
country flag Dodge

Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all Dodge is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
it will either be ESPN or Sky I reckon...
If ESPN have Shenzhen then they probably won't be showing Brisbane and Brisbane is part of the 22 tournament package.
Dodge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #550
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
The WTA shouldn't be struggling.
They have international superstars such as Serena and Maria, a Chinese in the Top Ten and a bunch of hot girls.

That's a winning recipe. Someone isn't doing his job correctly.
have you seen the quality of women's tennis?
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #551
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
have you seen the quality of women's tennis?
It has moved up quite a lot in the last year.
The thing is, the journalists don't pay any attention and are happy to write their same old stories from 2007.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #552
country flag DanBrusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
The IEC deal starts January 2nd. Whoever has it will have to pay for Brisbane so why not show it?
Well if it's BT it's far from certain they will have a channel to show it on, at least not one available outside of their own platform.

Sky Sports, ESPN and British Eurosport have published their schedules but, granted, as we've seen already they can change this far out (not that any already pre-scheduled live events would be moved for the tennis).
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #553
country flag Spice

Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of Spice has much to be proud of

I have emailed all the agents and journalists advising about this mess! Serena's agent came back to me, and asked what it was that I was wanted to know! At least she came back to me no one else did. So I explained it!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #554
country flag leftyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This is 100% incorrect though. Cos Sky 100% are showing the Abu Dhabi exhibition at the end of December. I presume, but I don't know for certain that Eurosport are also showing ATP Doha like normal the week after too.
100% incorrect? So when I look on Skysports.com for live tennis listings I see this. Now, sure, I do recall they've shown that exo in prior years (and might well do so again), but obviously you have that scoop.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12948,00.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #555
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

There needs to be more public media pressure on the WTA. But there won't be any because it is not interesting enough.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote