Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 323 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #4831
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

CaroWozniacki Caroline Wozniacki
First thing I do after a 16 hour flight? Go for a 30 min run and then an hour tennis session! #preseason #determination pic.twitter.com/oHtjnEcd

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #4832
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
First thing I do after a 16 hour flight? Go for a 30 min run and then an hour tennis session! #preseason #determination pic.twitter.com/oHtjnEcd

Nice pic..good to see her on court again.
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #4833
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if this became reality next year or so. They seem to be a VERY happy couple, so, who knows...
I'm always happy to see Caroline happy, so I wouldn't object to them getting married (not that she'll ask my permission anyway ). I only hope that if and when it happens that it won't be too much of a distraction and that as a result it won't have a negative impact on her tennis.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #4834
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have any great insight into Caro's mindset,but I suspected that this was a false alarm...maybe she'll follow the lead of my other sweet,wholesome(now retired)fave by staying with the same bf for 5-plus years and only retiring and marrying when she's ready for motherhood

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #4835
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So does this mean Caro's vacation is finally over? It's been a little over 3 weeks off for Caro and I really don't think she should be taking more time off given that last season was her worst since 2007.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #4836
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if this became reality next year or so. They seem to be a VERY happy couple, so, who knows...
I'm not sure if it's a good idea for two people who are apart from each other much of the time to be married.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #4837
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'm not sure if it's a good idea for two people who are apart from each other much of the time to be married.
They arent apart that much. They both were in Dubai. Now both in Colorado. Both are going to Brazil. Rory will spend a lot of January in Australia.
The problem is that although both sports are mental, tennis is also physically grueling, and Caroline has to be in tremendous shape & willing to be out in the heat for 3,4 hours a day, fighting for each point.
So she has to work a lot harder, to be in marathon shape. So far, he's handling the relationship (winning a 2nd major & World #1), but she's fallen well off where she was 2010-mid 2011
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #4838
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That picture is so awesome. I love tennis + I love snow so being able to train with that background would be so cool
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #4839
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So does this mean Caro's vacation is finally over? It's been a little over 3 weeks off for Caro and I really don't think she should be taking more time off given that last season was her worst since 2007.
For me,2007 hardly even counts as a season for Caro because she was still taking mostly baby steps back then.Technically,2005-2007 were pro seasons but they were largely developmental growth years for Caroline.....so,when you post 'worst since 2007',you may as well just say 'worst ever'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #4840
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A tennis season is very long and I don't mind that she takes a long-ish break to reload the batteries. And periods of rest are just as important for a successful career as periods of intense training. And the word "vacation" has to be taken with a grain of salt anyway I think because even when she's following Rory around on the golf course she probably still spends a few hours a day doing work-outs, going for a run and perhaps even hitting some tennis balls at a tennis court in the neighbourhood.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4841
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
That picture is so awesome. I love tennis + I love snow so being able to train with that background would be so cool
she's lucky in Aspen it's rather "warm" those days, they had ski WC on weekend and it was only -1° as usually it's -10°C that time of the year

on a side note, I'd never train there, it's over 2000m altitude, balls fly everywhere

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #4842
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
A tennis season is very long and I don't mind that she takes a long-ish break to reload the batteries. And periods of rest are just as important for a successful career as periods of intense training. And the word "vacation" has to be taken with a grain of salt anyway I think because even when she's following Rory around on the golf course she probably still spends a few hours a day doing work-outs, going for a run and perhaps even hitting some tennis balls at a tennis court in the neighbourhood.
They all work hard in this sport. Its one person on court for hours, you cant fake the fitness level needed to win 5 days in a row.
Its more the mental part of Caroline's game - playing focused and smart. She used to force her opponents to beat her with hours of good tennis. Even with being more aggressive, she cant give too many key points away
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #4843
country flag bruce goose

Disagree with the above;it's pretty obvious that some players train MUCH harder than others...the lazier ones might not be fat,couch potatoes,per se,but there ARE those who train at the bare minimum and constantly bitch and whine at their coaches during training due to lack of sincere commitment...and that shows when they often totally run out of gas after a long 1st set.No need to name names here since a few of those players have WELL-earned their reputation as slackers,and some of them hire whichever fitness coach will require them to do as little as possible(am only speaking on the WTA here cuz I don't follow the ATP players too closely).Thankfully,even with her occasional distractions,Caro has too much self-respect to ever join the Slacker All-star Team

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #4844
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Judging just by the gossip I think they manage to find time for each other. If it's a serious relationship then it could work out as a wedlock,too. Anyhow, it was only a rumour so we'll see what the future holds for them. I do think though that they might end up as a married couple one day.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #4845
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

dougrobson Douglas Robson
Offseason news: @CaroWozniacki spending week in Aspen with @McIlroyRory doing high-altitude training with some specialists she's flown in.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread