Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

Posted: 11:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2012 |
Updated: 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2012

View Larger

Jordan Davis was shot at a gas station in Jacksonville.

View Larger

Michael Dunn is accused of killing a 17-year-old in an argument over loud music.

A man is facing murder and attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting a 17-year-old student at a Jacksonville gas station in a dispute over loud music.

The suspect, Michael Dunn, told police he felt threatened during an argument Friday with Jordan Davis after Dunn complained the music the teen was playing in his car was too loud.

Jacksonville homicide Lt. Rob Schoonover said Dunn pulled out a weapon and started firing into the vehicle. Davis was shot a few times. Eight or nine bullet holes were also found in the car.

Davis was originally from Marietta and will be buried there, the Florida Times-Union reported.

“Our suspect produced a weapon and started firing into the vehicle. Our victim was shot a couple of times,” Schoonover said. “ … They were listening to the music. It was loud; they [other teens] admitted that. But I mean that is not a reason for someone to open fire on them.”

The Times-Union reported that Dunn and his girlfriend allegedly drove to their hotel in Jacksonville, then returned home to Brevard County when they heard about the shooting on the news.

Dunn has pleaded not guilty. He was officially booked into the Duval County Jail on Tuesday afternoon and is expected to make a court appearance Wednesday morning.

Jordan was a student at Samuel W. Wolfson High School, a magnet school in Duval County.

Florida corporate records show Dunn is vice president of Dunn & Dunn Data Systems in Vero Beach, the Orlando Sentinel reported. He supervises software development, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Atlanta Journal Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/news/news/florida...d-music/nTGZ8/)

RIP young brother. Thanks to confessed murderer George Zimmerman it's open season on Black male teens in Florida. Funny it's always the one with the gun who feels threatened.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #2
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of
Re: Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

I read the murderous idiot was drunk and belligerent coming from his son's wedding. Dunn said there was a gun in the car and he was scared they were going to shoot him, but the police found no guns on the kids nor in the car. Just another paranoid racist bastard. RIP to Jordan Davis and well wishes go out to all those grieving his senseless loss.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my ... oh my ... and he plead not guilty? pfft.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #4
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia P. View Post
I read the murderous idiot was drunk and belligerent coming from his son's wedding. Dunn said there was a gun in the car and he was scared they were going to shoot him, but the police found no guns on the kids nor in the car. Just another paranoid racist bastard. RIP to Jordan Davis and well wishes go out to all those grieving his senseless loss.
After murdering this kid he goes back to the hotel and then drives home. What a cold hearted excuse for a human being but that's Florida for you.

Last edited by mykarma : Nov 28th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
mykarma is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #5
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Why the fuck do you even pick a fight over music at a gas station?

I can understand saying something (not shooting someone) if, say, it's a neighbor at your apartment or home at something, but at a damn gas station? Like you can't pump gas and drive off in two or three minutes and put up with somebody else's music? I mean that's just stupid.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #6
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
After murdering this kid he goes back to the hotel and then drives home. What a cold hearten excuse for a human being but that's Florida for you.
And of course his lawyer immediately referenced the 'Stand Your Ground' defense.
Quote:
Michael Dunn Shoots, Kills Unarmed Black Teen Jordan Davis

By Michael Allen, Tue, November 27, 2012

Michael Dunn, of Satellite Beach, Florida, was in Jacksonville this past weekend for his son’s wedding.

Jordan Davis, 17, and some other teens were sitting in a SUV in a parking lot when Dunn parked next to them and asked the youths to turn down their music.

Jordan Davis and Dunn argued over the music, then Dunn, who is a gun collector, pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, hitting Jordan twice, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

Jordan Davis' father Ron Davis said his unarmed son died in the arms of a friend in the SUV.

Dunn and his girlfriend took off, but witnesses wrote down their license plate number, according to the police.

The couple was staying in a Jacksonville hotel when they heard a news report Saturday morning about the shooting, so they drove home to Satellite Beach, Florida.

Dunn was arrested at his home on Saturday and charged with murder and attempted murder. He is being held without bail.

Dunn’s attorney said that he acted responsibly and in self-defense. Dunn may use Florida’s 'Stand Your Ground' law, which became famous after the Trayvon Martin killing.

Opposing Views (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...n-jordan-davis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post

I can understand saying something (not shooting someone) if, say, it's a neighbor at your apartment or home at something, but at a damn gas station? Like you can't pump gas and drive off in two or three minutes and put up with somebody else's music? I mean that's just stupid.
My guess is because you wanna kill someone and you know the state of Florida will have your back.

Last edited by JN : Nov 28th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #7
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

music and private space are very important to some people at this time when the federal government are trying to take our personal rights and freedom away from us. dont let them take our guns away!
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #8
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
music and private space are very important to some people at this time when the federal government are trying to take our personal rights and freedom away from us. dont let them take our guns away!

Note: Disregard if that was sarcasm.

Last edited by JN : Nov 28th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #9
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly. Just shows where this guy was coming from. Just looking to pick a fight. Scary people with guns. Damn, where is our "well-regulated militia"? Just bellicose, possibly racist idiots with guns.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #10
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Exactly. Just shows where this guy was coming from. Just looking to pick a fight. Scary people with guns. Damn, where is our "well-regulated militia"? Just bellicose, possibly racist idiots with guns.
Exactly. And there have been some incidents I recall where the person requesting that the stereo being turned down was being reasonable and THEY ended up getting shot. Not that this is what happened here, I'm just agreeing with you that there are always assholes looking for fights and way too many of them have guns.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #11
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Question 2: Why the fuck do you bring a gun to a gas station unless you intend to rob it?
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #12
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
Question 2: Why the fuck do you bring a gun to a gas station unless you intend to rob it?
Florida is a concealed carry state, so he probably always has it with him for a time such as this where he can "stand his ground."

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #13
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

THIS is the part of the story that I can't believe:
Quote:
Michael David Dunn, 45, acted "as any responsible firearms owner would have," his lawyer said of the Friday evening incident at a gas station outside a convenience store in Jacksonville, Fla.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...oud-music?lite
So in other words, this red-necked bastard was completely within his rights to shoot (and murder) an unarmed TEEN over loud music.

Welcome to America.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.

Last edited by RVD : Nov 29th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #14
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

This so-called 'Stand Your Ground' law wouldn't exist if it were black men using it as an excuse to kill white teens.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #15
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

1) I think this is inexcusable, even if young Mr. Davis traded insults with the shooter first.

2) I doubt that Dunn will get away with it. (He'll probably get between 25 years and life).

3) If he did it because of George Zimmerman, just who was the latter's role model?

4) While I'm sorry Zimmerman is out on bail, I still think he'll be convicted, my guess being for manslaughter. (Which carries a sentence of 25 years in FL, if the victim is under 18, as Trayvon Martin was on 2/26/12).

5) I'm amazed (not) by posts taking what his lawyer said about self-defense as the "verdict".

6) Its malpractice not to do a lawyer's best for a client, obviously starting with a Not Guilty plea.

7) If a defendant enters NO plea, the court automatically enters one of Not Guilty for him or her.

8) Anyone can assert a claim of having stood one's ground in FL and the other states that have such a law; with NO guarantee that it will work in court.

================================================== ===============

Last edited by *JR* : Dec 3rd, 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Point 8
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote