~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~ - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #91
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Caroline Zhang ftw!!!

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #92
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

With NHK being the last event before the Grand Prix final, the top 6 skaters are officially all qualified now. *

Ashley Wagner comes in first place raking up the most points over the two events she competed at with the overrated P.Chan coming in first place for the men. *The highest scored ice dancing couple was Davis/White they comfortably beat out Virtue/Moir.

Qualifying placements for the Grand Prix Final (2012)

Women:
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Mao Asada
3. Akiko Suzuki (her free skate at NHK was sublime!)
4. Elizaveta (finally a female Russian skater I actually like!)
5. Julia.L
6. Kira Korpi
Fist alternate: Marai Nagasu
Second alternate: Gracie Gold

Men:
1. Chan
2. Yuzuri
3. Javier Fernandez (he's so damn sexy!)
4. Takahashi
5. Kozuka
6. *Oda
Second Alternate: Ross Miner

Ice Dancing:
1. Davis/White (178.48)
2. Virtue/Moir (173.99)
3. Pechalat/Bourzat (169.73) ...they are permanently stuck at three no matter what for years! *Will they ever break up the dominance of the other two teams??
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #93
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

What about pair skating?

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #94
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Mao has such a presence and a command over the ice. Her footwork sequences and skating skills are top notch. And Swan Lake suits her beautifully. If you look at the protocols for NHK you can see why she won. She had a pretty big lead over Akiko after the short and that was the difference.

[/fanboyrant]

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #95
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Mao has such a presence and a command over the ice. Her footwork sequences and skating skills are top notch. And Swan Lake suits her beautifully. If you look at the protocols for NHK you can see why she won. She had a pretty big lead over Akiko after the short and that was the difference.

[/fanboyrant]
Akiko's program was beauty personified...it was effortless and everything I want my figure skating to be but she was behind opts after the SP so to move up from 5th to almost winning is a testament to how well she skated. Mao was probably the most surprised she won and her home crowd didn't even support the win. I think skating has been a lot better since the 6.0 system has been gone but her street cred did play a role IMO. I'm okay with the results but in my eyes the best performance of the competition belonged to Akiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
What about pair skating?
Sorry I hate pairs skating, well I don't hate it but it's my least favorite but I do root for Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov I have no idea who the rest of them are.

Tatiana/Maxim
Savchenko/Szolkowy (kinda surprised they finished second)
Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Pang Qing / Tong Jian
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #96

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Akiko did have the best free skate. I'm a bit surprised that Mao has been getting good marks again because for the past few seasons she has not been getting the benefit of the doubt.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #97
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post

Ice Dancing:
1. Davis/White (178.48)
2. Virtue/Moir (173.99)
3. Pechalat/Bourzat (169.73) ...they are permanently stuck at three no matter what for years! *Will they ever break up the dominance of the other two teams??
It took me a little while to realise the Americans were in the lead and not the Canadians! keep this up Davis/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post

Sorry I hate pairs skating, well I don't hate it but it's my least favorite but I do root for Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov I have no idea who the rest of them are.

Tatiana/Maxim
Savchenko/Szolkowy (kinda surprised they finished second)
Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Pang Qing / Tong Jian
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Thanks! I like pairs skating, especially Volozoshar/Trankov. It's alot more exciting to watch than Icedancing, where only the top teams can interest me.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #98
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Where did you find those stats about pair skating? They are wrong. Unfortunately Aliona&Robin won't be part of the GPF as they had to withdraw from TEB because of Aliona's sinus infection So they ended up with only 15 points and couldn't qualify for Sochi.

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch qualified as sixth.

Giorgi - Kvitova - Lisicki - Martic - Muguruza - NaNa - Pennetta - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #99
country flag GoofyDuck

Kim Yu-Na first tournament after 19 months hiatus scoring over 200 points

SP

LP

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #100

I can't bear to watch that overscored mess.

My Twitter
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #101

In better news, Mao Asada won her third Grand Prix Final with a fantastic skate!!

My Twitter
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #102
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Daisuke and Yuzu-chan also SLAYED Chan.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #103
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to invite anyone interested to FSVids where I'm the moderator of the montage forum. We are planning to have a montage contest soon. If you're interested, please check it out. Let me know if you want more information.

Also, here's a christmas video by the forum's most winningest video editor.

All I Want For Christmas by Karpenko
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #104
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

it says you need an invitation code

Ana Ivanovic, Sabine Lisicki, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

Official Psychologist of Don't Knock the Dok!
KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #105
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOlMaNsEaN View Post
it says you need an invitation code
I've PMed it to you. Sorry about that. For anyone else interested in joining FSVids.net, please PM me for the invitation code. The website decided to make it open by invitation only because of a spammer problem.
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote