Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Daniela Hantuchova 75 40.76%
Anna Chakvetadze 47 25.54%
Angelique Kerber 62 33.70%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #16
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Kerber's style, even if effective, is just hideous. And she's just not able to produce this kind of tennis

(until 6-0 2-0 of course )

But peak Kerber is certainly mentally stronger than peak Hantuchova. Well I guess, Kerber hasn't won a title near as big as Indian Wells, which Hantuchova has won twice And she hasn't defeated a player as good as Justine Henin in a GS 7-6 in the third.

Edit: Kerber lost in straight sets to Yakimova last year, she's done for me

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

Last edited by Sammo : Nov 26th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #17
evana

evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Hantuchova >> Kerber >>>>>>>> Czakvetadze
evana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #18
country flag RobinT83

RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of

Kerber, for peak level.
Hantuchova, for technique/prettiest strokes.
RobinT83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #19
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Kerber's style, even if effective, is just hideous. And she's just not able to produce this kind of tennis

(until 6-0 2-0 of course )
What a terrible HLs from the 1st two sets

It's hard for me to choose between Angie and Anna.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #20
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixal View Post
What a terrible HLs from the 1st two sets

It's hard for me to choose between Angie and Anna.

To be honest I don't even remember it, it's been like 2 years since I first/last watched the highlights of the not-to-be-mentioned match, but I thought Daniela was playing some really good tennis, not taking stupid risks like she always does and having the timing of a swiss watch.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #21
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

It is Hantuchova.
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #22
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber. And she hasn't even peaked yet.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #23
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

probably dani cause when everything is clicking she has enough weapons to compensate her subpar movement and can generally win fast enough not to have the time to choke (the vid posted is not a good example tho )
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #24
country flag Sammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
probably dani cause when everything is clicking she has enough weapons to compensate her subpar movement and can generally win fast enough not to have the time to choke (the vid posted is not a good example tho )
I know, the only top player she's ever defeated after giving her a bagel is Elena Bovina

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #25
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

Hantuchova hits a clean ball but what else can she do? Whenever she faces one of the big guns playing well, she's thoroughly outclassed. At least Chackvetadze and Kerber have an atypical game that can cause some problems.

I love Anna, but the answer is Kerber.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #26
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone needs a refresher course on Peak Chakvetadze.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #27
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Edit: Kerber lost in straight sets to Yakimova last year, she's done for me
Hantuchova once lost to Melanie Gloria, who wasn't even ranked in the top 1000. Fail.
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #28
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Probably Kerber. Although we have to see if this year was just an anomaly or not.

Chakvetadze's and Hantucova's 07 and 02 seasons respectively were very much career anomalies. Outside of those years, only Hantuchova managed to knock (briefly) on the door of the top 10 again in her 11 year career. She was pretty much a punchbag for the elite for the majority of her career. And I like Chaky, but her string of results from Moscow 06 - USO 07 was definitely an overachievement.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #29
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Even Hantuchova has a peak!?

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #30
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

It says so much about Hantuchova that apparently the best match of her career is the one she ended up losing.

It's Kerber, quite easily.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote