On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 304 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM   #4546
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Bruce, I hear your president wants to change the name of your country to (drumroll)... Mexico!
Will assume you know the back story but,for those who DON'T,our OFFICIAL name since independence has been the United States of Mexico.Our founding fathers thought it'd be a good idea to emulate our border-sharers to the north to encourage us on a path toward a unified,democratic republic.Sadly,this cosmetic copycat job did little to stem rampant corruption for almost two centuries...nor have we been terribly 'united'.In fact,many neutral observers feel that we are the WORST in Latin America in re factionalism

Virtually NO ONE uses the official name,though;you'll hear it when a politician gets sworn in,and you'll see it on government paperwork and in legislation....but you'll NEVER hear any regular people use it...we merely say 'Mexico',of course.As I'm not a mind reader,I'm not gonna judge whether Calderon simply wants to end his presidency on a sincere,patriotic note...or if he's just seeking to get his name in the historical annals by doing something very distinct.The initial naming agenda worked awfully but,if this next symbolic move can somehow persuade us to NOT copy the value system--or utter lack thereof--in the U.S.,then I'm all in favor of it

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #4547
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Finally,after almost a year of searching,my gf got a much better job and can leave the demanding,cheap-asses behind

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #4548
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Finally,after almost a year of searching,my gf got a much better job
Good news, man.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4549
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Good news, man.
Thanks for the acknowledgment.....It's good that you have a life,but it's too bad that you can't visit us more often

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #4550

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I still visit, I just don't post as much.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4551
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I still visit, I just don't post as much.
Well,it's OUR loss,El Emperador

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #4552

I'm sure there are far more interesting people than me.
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #4553
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I'm sure there are far more interesting people than me.
That's a subjective analysis,but you're a role model,whom AYE should probably follow better,in that you manage to be a pleasant conversationalist without being wordy.

On another note,Paul and I discussed opening a 2012 Polar Olympics thread,but we both agreed that too many posters wouldn't appreciate the topic material

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4554

The Polar Olympics ain't what it was. Around 1973 was sorta the peak.
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #4555
country flag bruce goose

The other problem is that all of the warm-weather nations sort of feel excluded so the international buildup isn't nearly as broad as there was with the London Games.It's very hard to sell Walrus Sumo Wrestling in Latin America.....except to folks who are on LSD or similar 'self-meds'

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #4556
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Wreck it Ralph a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty cool.

I thought Skyfall was very good if a bit overhyped. There seemed to be something lacking or maybe it just was me being tired when I saw it. I'm thinking about seeing it at some point.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #4557
country flag bruce goose

Okay,art lovers(especially those who love paintings),I understand that there's some subjectivity in rating the skill level of an artist,but can anyone offer informed,seasoned analysis about Vera Dushevina's collection of paintings?I've always felt that Vera herself was a superb work of art by Mr.and Mrs.Dushevina who put their DNA together in a wondrous way when they brought forth Vera,so perhaps that disqualifies me from giving an objective viewpoint

Seriously,though,if you think she sucks as an artist then don't be afraid to speak candidly;that won't dissuade me from enjoying the artistically-formed Vera at all

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #4558
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,art lovers(especially those who love paintings),I understand that there's some subjectivity in rating the skill level of an artist,but can anyone offer informed,seasoned analysis about Vera Dushevina's collection of paintings?I've always felt that Vera herself was a superb work of art by Mr.and Mrs.Dushevina who put their DNA together in a wondrous way when they brought forth Vera,so perhaps that disqualifies me from giving an objective viewpoint

Seriously,though,if you think she sucks as an artist then don't be afraid to speak candidly;that won't dissuade me from enjoying the artistically-formed Vera at all
Link?
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #4559
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Link?
Here you go:
http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/201...256674_2992608

As you can see,it's right there within the photo gallery on the WTA webpage,but I figured that you deserved the courtesy of a direct link since you showed interest.If you'd like a full sampling,you may check out the 2nd set of paintings as well.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #4560

I quite like them.
Closed Thread