Maria Videos thread... vol.3 - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #526
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Videos thread... vol.3

That is a tremendous interview...the guy did his homework, Maria responded in a very straightforward, alert way...the questions required either a "yeah, I'm great", or a phony modesty, which a lot of famous people seem unable to avoid...but Maria's answers seemed thoughtful without being over rehearsed. This was good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:07 PM   #527
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
That is a tremendous interview...the guy did his homework, Maria responded in a very straightforward, alert way...the questions required either a "yeah, I'm great", or a phony modesty, which a lot of famous people seem unable to avoid...but Maria's answers seemed thoughtful without being over rehearsed. This was good.
journalists keep asking same questions every single time , but thanks to the fact that interview was pretty long Masha managed to tell some new thoughts and memories

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:19 PM   #528
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova-Tennis stars face quick fire challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHaxZc_fVQI

Tthis was kind of funny, I loved how everybody said Serena is the toughest opponrnt they've ever played except....maria of course
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #529
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing interview!

Thanks for posting!

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #530
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

CNN always has the most boring interviews. That interview is for someone who knows nothing about her to get to know her a bit better.
Other than that its a snooze fest.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #531
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

What do you guys expect? It's CNN, not Chelsea Lately, after all, and I doubt that a typical CNN view has a lot of insight when it comes to Maria's career and life.
I thought it was nice to see her reflect on some important things. Definitely an interview I would enjoy if I had just turned on TV and saw a person I know very little about
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #532
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
CNN always has the most boring interviews. That interview is for someone who knows nothing about her to get to know her a bit better.
Well...I have seen her legs before....but when I see new photos, and they look pretty much the same as I have seen before...somehow, I manage to remain awake.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #533
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
By the way i don't know so much about her shoulder injury. What exactly happened to it? And when? During training practice or some match?

P.S. it is off topic. But I don't know where to post it
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #534
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
By the way i don't know so much about her shoulder injury. What exactly happened to it? And when? During training practice or some match?

Read this post:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....7&postcount=48
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #535
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a quick scan through that post. Not sure if it highlights the issues on Maria/her teams part after the surgery but those would take ages to type and there's no point now as the shoulder seems to be pretty much back to it's best or as good as it will ever get.

It does offer a GREAT timeline of events though.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #536
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am not 100% sure, but I think she initially injured her shoulder when playing Bondarenko in Amelia Island (or was it IW?). Was misdiagnosed and went on playing and damaging her shoulder even more up until Montreal
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #537
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

The issues with the shoulder started long long time before 2008. In 2008 she injured her shoulder (I guess it was then when the tears were created or even more probably, aggravated) in AI or IW like Ksenia said - she felt pain while stretching to hit one BH if I am not mistaken? Well.. in the end, she had 2 minor tears that initally were not discovered on the radiological images (sometimes these things cannot be seen); the tears were classified as medium... Not so long ago, I posted an article from shoulder surgeons; they classify injuries with more than one tears as a major injury... I can browse through my posts to re-post it if you like.
But what we never found out is; which muscle(s)/their tendons of the rotator cuff were torn..
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #538
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Big thank you for this compilation MM and guys Now I have kinda full picture of her injury. I am really surprised that it started to appear since 2005 and you her fans didnt see her on courts about 10 months! I bet it was so hard! You are such fighters like our Masha!
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #539
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As far as I know, the shoulder problem stemmed since 2004. I believe it was during the 2004 Zurich final against Molik.

The rotator tear happened during her R4 match (vs Bondarenko) at IW 08. It was mis-diagnosed and it got worse since she was playing throughout the clay season and afterwards with that injury.

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #540
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
As far as I know, the shoulder problem stemmed since 2004. I believe it was during the 2004 Zurich final against Molik.

The rotator tear happened during her R4 match (vs Bondarenko) at IW 08. It was mis-diagnosed and it got worse since she was playing throughout the clay season and afterwards with that injury.
She had shoulder problems in 04, end of 05-early 06 and in 07, but I think those were all separate from the 08 injury right?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote