Fed Cup 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #1
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup 2013

Any idea on who will be on our team? I'm hoping for Martic, Vekic, Jurak and Konjuh (I think Miki isn't getting an invite after what happened last year).
We finally have a team that can compete with a chance to advance!
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #2
country flag kulysport

kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice kulysport is just really nice
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Im hoping for Martic, Lucic, Savic, Vekic
kulysport is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #3
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Martic, Vekic, Mrdeza, Jurak is more realistic
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #4
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Martic, Vekic, Mrdeza, Jurak is more realistic
Should be that!
I really hope Jurak would be invited and accepts it.
Jurak/Martic is potentialy great pairing!
If they all would come Croatia wouldn't have to be afraid of any team there IMO.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 03:57 AM   #5
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Single: Martic and Vekic (or Lucic)
Double: Martic & Jurak

4 player: Savic
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:32 AM   #6
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Martic, Donna, Lucic, Jurak
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:38 AM   #7
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
If they all would come Croatia wouldn't have to be afraid of any team there IMO.
Well, I don't think Croatia can get past Great Britain (Watson, Robson), Poland (Radwanska sisters) or Romania (Cirstea, Halep, etc.).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM   #8
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Lučić will never play for croatia, so please dont mention her name.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #9
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
That's a little harsh! Despite the dive her career took, Mirjana is one of the best croatian players ever, and I don't see why people could not mention her.
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM   #10
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Sorry, why would she?
And who the f are you to be that judgemental?
Mirjana's not only one of the best Croatia tennis players in history( to be honest only Majoli is better), she's also one of best Croatian sportswomen in history. She won two WTA tournaments and 2 WTA doubles tournament. She's doubles grand Slam champion, reached final in mixed doubles in Wimbledon and SF in singles. During all that time she promoted Croatia, and those were the days when Croatia wasn't ''popular'' or know in world in the way it is today. When playing for Croatian representation she won 12 matches and lost only one, always fought hard.

And what was she actually given in return? half of the media was writing crap about her in the start of new century and she wasn't given any help to come back(to tennis or Croatia). Not from Croatia, not from Croatian tennis. And it's not that they weren't able to find her sponsors, they didn't want to.
Mirjana's personality, interests, life story are all more than atractive to sponsors but she was given no help. She made it back on her own, she's not one of the best today but who knows if somebody was there to help her in Croatian sport in 2004 where she would be today.
But no, nobody from Croatia helped her, second best tennis in history of our country and one of the best sportswomen in history( frankly I see only Janica Kostelic, Blanka vlasic, Sanja Jovanovic and few other as more sucessfull).
So please don't you say that we shouldn't mention her name because she's given to this small country more then you will ever give probably. And if she decides to play for the USA next year, go Miki (you should have done it before). But knowing her, I don't see it happening.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM   #11
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Well, I don't think Croatia can get past Great Britain (Watson, Robson), Poland (Radwanska sisters) or Romania (Cirstea, Halep, etc.).
all we would need is petra or donna to win a singles match. petra/darija could compete with any of these teams in doubles. i think this is our big chance.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #12
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Sorry, why would she?
Mirjana's not only one of the best Croatia tennis players in history( to be honest only Majoli is better), she's also one of best Croatian sportswomen in history. She won two WTA tournaments and 2 WTA doubles tournament. She's doubles grand Slam champion, reached final in mixed doubles in Wimbledon and SF in singles. During all that time she promoted Croatia, and those were the days when Croatia wasn't ''popular'' or know in world in the way it is today. When playing for Croatian representation she won 12 matches and lost only one, always fought hard.

And what was she actually given in return? half of the media was writing crap about her in the start of new century and she wasn't given any help to come back(to tennis or Croatia). Not from Croatia, not from Croatian tennis. And it's not that they weren't able to find her sponsors, they didn't want to.
Mirjana's personality, interests, life story are all more than atractive to sponsors but she was given no help. She made it back on her own, she's not one of the best today but who knows if somebody was there to help her in Croatian sport in 2004 where she would be today.
But no, nobody from Croatia helped her, second best tennis in history of our country and one of the best sportswomen in history( frankly I see only Janica Kostelic, Blanka vlasic, Sanja Jovanovic and few other as more sucessfull).
So please don't you say that we shouldn't mention her name because she's given to this small country more then you will ever give probably. And if she decides to play for the USA next year, go Miki (you should have done it before). But knowing her, I don't see it happening.
this. loyalty is a two-way street. i still somehow hope they can work it out...
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM   #13
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
all we would need is petra or donna to win a singles match. petra/darija could compete with any of these teams in doubles. i think this is our big chance.
You're right. I was thinking that zonal rubbers consisted of five matches. I forgot it's only three matches.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM   #14
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.
All these strong teams don't have 2 great players, only 1 is good so it will depend on form also.
Hopefully our girls will be in good one!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #15
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Sorry, why would she?

Keep living in your pathetic white and black world. Saint mirjana had chance last year and wasted it. Majoli will never call her again. End of story.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote