Iva Mekovec cheering thread - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #211
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

I thought this is a 10k! Wow , this is amazing for Iva! She is making great progress! She won 2 10k titles this year and now first 25k QF! And still just 17 years old.
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #212
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Great week for Iva indeed, and an impressive result for the end of it
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM   #213
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Big jump up in the rankings this week for Iva, from 625 to 533

She's now #9 among Croatian women (she overtook Akiki, Njiric and Mikulcic).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #214
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see! Hope she can make another step in the transition next year, so that we see her trying to qualify for a slam by the end of 2013. If she sets her mind to it and isn't bothered by injuries, it's achievable.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #215
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Did anyone notice that Iva received a WC into Dubai main draw? Hope she gets a decent draw and gets a few wins!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #216
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Looks like this will also be Iva's first match that isn't played on clay and definitely the biggest event shes ever participated in!
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #217
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrtbckhnd View Post
Did anyone notice that Iva received a WC into Dubai main draw? Hope she gets a decent draw and gets a few wins!

Unexpected!
I hope the same!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #218
xcrtbckhnd

I guess that's unconfirmed at this point, but someone posted that in the Dubai thread so hope its true!
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #219
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Dubai MD is out and Iva is on it! Unfortunately she plays the #3 seed, Bratchikova. Tough--but Vekic has beaten her twice, so who knows...
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #220
country flag ma re

It'll be a great experience for sure; result here is not as important. Good luck Iva!
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #221
country flag networthy

Iva is back in action this week, at the $10K in Egypt. She's the #8 seed.

Good luck!
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #222
country flag ma re

Nice news! This girl is having problems getting a hold of things it seems, as she was often compared to Vekic earlier, due to there being just a year difference between the two. Currently she is not far from top 500 and a semi here would do it, but it's hard to expect such a result from her at this moment I'd say. Apart from one 10k semi in mid March, two consecutive titles in late Summer, and a 25k QF from qualies in early November, last year she was mostly struggling in challenger qualies, so let's hope her form gets more consistent this year and that by the end of it she establishes herself in top 300 at least. If she stays healthy I believe she can do it.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #223
country flag ma re

Iva took care (to put it mildly) of a 15 y.o. Bulgarian qualifier Dimitrova (no relation to Grigor apperantly), it was 6:2, 6:0. Next she'll face Mendesova, a player ranked in the low 700's who entered the event as an SE because she is the finalist of last week's 10k played in the same town. This girl is 18 years old, not far from her best ever ranking and never played against Iva before. This could actually be tricky, but let's hope that Iva is ready to torture her (probably pretty exhausted) opponet and grind out a win.

Good luck!
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #224
country flag ma re

Lost 3 & 4. Not a disaster, but a shame she couldn't go on some more. Still, the important thing is that she's getting back, slowly but surely. She is on the list for another 10k at the same place next week and should be seeded even higher.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #225
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

ITF Sharm El Sheikh 5 10.000 $ 1.round
Mekovec (6) - Cadar 67 62 62
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote