2013-14 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 11:00 PM   #46
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2013-14 recruiting - "speculation only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
So, Kiick, Scholl, Crawford left.

And one of'em is coming to USC, it seems
You wish Crawford is coming to USC
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:19 AM   #47
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
You wish Crawford is coming to USC
Are all good

But actually my favorite junior player is Allie, the best technician

Anyway, whoever comes could play #1
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Nov 22nd, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:12 PM   #48
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Are all good

But actually my favorite junior player is Allie, the best technician

Anyway, whoever comes could play #1
With Scandalis/Santamaria/Christian/DeSimone/Olmos/Katz/Yates/Westby
it looks like one will have to be cut?

Is USC and UCLA following in the footsteps of Stanford?
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM   #49
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

following what? cutting members?

but yeah, UCLA and USC are seriously 'saturated' right now
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #50
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

One of those three should consider ASU, they can play ITFs in summer and fall like Cako and face USC STANFORD UCLA CALs top player for the next 4 years instead of playing lower positions aka guiliana olmos at a bigger school! I assume all three of them want to turn pro after graduation.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:52 AM   #51
country flag fantic

I think Allie will turn pro, but it's just a guess.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #52
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

I'm probably putting two and two together and making five, but if both of these tweets are recruiting related Pippa Horn must have visited TCU, mustn't she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Pippahorn 4 Apr
Sort your customs out Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Pippahorn 8h
NO WORDS!!!
p.s. (posted at 2013-04-07 20:52 UTC)
I suppose having started I'd better carry on
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Pippahorn 1h
Helloooo miami
p.p.s. I think I got Pippa's academic year wrong, so this is all in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Embittered : May 10th, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #53
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
My guess is that Cal is going to go Susanyi, Schutting, Fabikova, Davis, Goransson, Chi. I think Fabikova might start a little lower but I think she has the potential to play high in the line-up.

Chi is better than Duranteau/Estlander. Estlander has seemed to regressed/stagnated a bit.

I've been very impressed with Chi and Fabikova this season. Fabikova has a big game that was apparent right off, but has more touch than one might think and seems to be developing more patience and consistency as well. And I love watching Chi play. She's just been on fire lately, really committed to being aggressive. The future is bright for both at Cal.

The Bears will lose Davis and Goransson next year. In addition to Manasse, I wonder who else they have coming in? Could they get a top American player--who's left?-- or will they get another international star? Another Chi/Fabikova-level player, and they will be have a great line-up!

Last edited by OldBlue : May 14th, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #54
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Give this years Cal a fast surface at Illinois and they can be tough.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #55
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlue View Post
I've been very impressed with Chi and Fabikova this season. Fabikova has a big game that was apparent right off, but has more touch than one might think and seems to be developing more patience and consistency as well. And I love watching Chi play. She's just been on fire lately, really committed to being aggressive. The future is bright for both at Cal.

The Bears will lose Davis and Goransson next year. In addition to Manasse, I wonder who else they have coming in? Could they get a top American player--who's left?-- or will they get another international star? Another Chi/Fabikova-level player, and they will be have a great line-up!
Chi has been a great addition! I've been very impressed with her and she has exceeded my expectations. I think she really deserves a lot of credit. Its unfortunate that she missed out a singles and doubles spot in the NCAA tournament.

I thought Cal was going to get a Danish tennis player but sources no longer seem to confirm that.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #56
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
I thought Cal was going to get a Danish tennis player but sources no longer seem to confirm that.
Maybe Melsted? To be frank, unless I've overlooked someone, I don't see any worth taking between Barbat (too old, too controversial) and Ailpieva (way too young).
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #57
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Chi has been a great addition! I've been very impressed with her and she has exceeded my expectations. I think she really deserves a lot of credit. Its unfortunate that she missed out a singles and doubles spot in the NCAA tournament.

Thanks for the response, Tennisace.

Well, the last time they lost out on an international player, they ended up with Chi. I'll take that every time! So I'm crossing my fingers...

Against Auburn, Chi blitzed her opponent in the first set, and then finally gave up a game. One could see how that just pissed her off. Associate HC Cordell Ho went to speak to her, and told her to make her opponent feel the pressure, and Chi complied, jumping on top of every second serve return. So impressive!
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #58
country flag tie_breaker

Colette Lewis
‏@zootennis
ITF Carson and @asicseasterbowl champion Mayo Hibi wins her 1st $25K, beating Petra Rampre 3&0 in Las Cruces NM @USTAProCircuit final

If Mayo doesn't turn pro, I am going to speculate that she goes to a Pac-12 school, not SoCal, so north somewhere, near Palo Alto.