Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 319 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4771
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I think it was more a matter of Caro already being injured before Warsaw (from Charleston) and the court was so bad (holes) that she didn't want to risk anything with FO just around the corner.
Yes, it was the season with the nasty roll at Charleston.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4772
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yes, it was the season with the nasty roll at Charleston.
Yeah, and a few months after that (starting at Rogers Cup) she had her best run.
So maybe some rest is what she needs, because it is a tough grind to be at the top.
Schedule isnt that important because if you are tired or injured, you dont win, so you get time off.
Its when you win, thats when you have the long tough weeks, and you have to make sure you get some rest inbetween big tournaments
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #4773
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Went back and checked her complete tourney itinerary from the beginning in 2005...Caro withdrew from Warsaw 2010 after taking the 1st set from Zheng in the QFs...this after beating Hercog in the 2nd Round and receiving a bye for the 1st......No wonder that tourney was so forgettable to me,but kudos to Jorn and TF66 for the contributions from the Caro archives

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #4774
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Went back and checked her complete tourney itinerary from the beginning in 2005...Caro withdrew from Warsaw 2010 after taking the 1st set from Zheng in the QFs...this after beating Hercog in the 2nd Round and receiving a bye for the 1st......No wonder that tourney was so forgettable to me,but kudos to Jorn and TF66 for the contributions from the Caro archives
Actually, Zheng won the first (only) set.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #4775
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, Zheng won the first (only) set.
You can blame the WTA page for that mistake,then,cuz they listed it as '6-3' in Caro's results column when they should have put it as '3-6'

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #4776
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there a case 2005 when Caro was offered Polish citizenship and a wild card to the Warsaw WTA? It could have been Caro's 1st WTA event but the Wozniackis declined the citizenship "offer" and therefore missed out on the wild card.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #4777
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can blame the WTA page for that mistake,then,cuz they listed it as '6-3' in Caro's results column when they should have put it as '3-6'
They always list the winner's score first.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4778
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
They always list the winner's score first.
Yeah,I guess that I got it twisted around,thinking that Caro's score would come first since they were HER stats...but I suppose that you're right

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #4779
country flag bruce goose

Didn't have my oxygen mask so I didn't wanna wade through the foul stench of the GM manure...but I saw a thread on the main TF page which hinted that Aga wanted to play in Poland...and that Caro supported her receiving an exemption while other players disagreed......Is there any truth to that??

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM   #4780
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't have my oxygen mask so I didn't wanna wade through the foul stench of the GM manure...but I saw a thread on the main TF page which hinted that Aga wanted to play in Poland...and that Caro supported her receiving an exemption while other players disagreed......Is there any truth to that??
Schiavone, Stosur, Serena and Caro. Four members of the players council. One of them voted to let Aga play and three voted against. The OP assumes that Caro was the one who voted "yes", but nobody really knows that for a fact.

All this according to GM - for what it's worth (and you know what that means ).

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM   #4781
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Schiavone, Stosur, Serena and Caro. Four members of the players council. One of them voted to let Aga play and three voted against. The OP assumes that Caro was the one who voted "yes", but nobody really knows that for a fact.

All this according to GM - for what it's worth (and you know what that means ).
I just skimmed this thread too and I noticed a lot of the GM posters were sure, Caro voted against Aga playing in Poland, as Caro wanted to whore the tournament herself .. You really do have to admire GM posters for their 'logic'.

That said, I am personally in agreement with the player's council. If you allow one player an exception, what about the next and next and next .... ?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM   #4782
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I just skimmed this thread too and I noticed a lot of the GM posters were sure, Caro voted against Aga playing in Poland, as Caro wanted to whore the tournament herself .. You really do have to admire GM posters for their 'logic'.

That said, I am personally in agreement with the player's council. If you allow one player an exception, what about the next and next and next .... ?
Well, if it's a rule I don't see why it should even have been up for a vote. Now whether it's a good rule or a bad one is a different discussion and one well worth having.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM   #4783
country flag bruce goose

Yeah,I'm not sure why Aga OR Caro would need a waiver to play in Poland as both of them are allowed to play two Ints. per season,right?As TF66 posted,there ought to be respect for the rules that were agreed upon;however,it IS a fairly stupid rule,as far as I can see---as long as Caro commits to enough of the precious 'mandatories' and other Premiers,why should the WTA give a damn if she or any other gal wants to play THREE Ints. and not just two

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4784
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah,I'm not sure why Aga OR Caro would need a waiver to play in Poland as both of them are allowed to play two Ints. per season,right?
Well the problem is that you can play 2 but one in the first part of the season & the other one on the 2nd part. Aga already commited to Auckland so she can't play Katowice. She was asking the council/wta or whatever, to allow her to play both Internationals in the first part of the season and none on the 2nd part.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:21 PM   #4785
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

It's just unfortunate that Agnieszka committed to playing Auckland prior to the announcement of the new tournament in Poland taking place. It just seems to be a matter of bad timing. With the two internationals per season rule, are they only allowed to commit to one in each half of the season? I don't necessarily disagree with the rule to be honest. You want the top ten to solidify their position by beating the best and not relying on playing extra international tournaments for points.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread