Pac 12 - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #556
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I'm interested to see how they pair up in doubles and how the singles line up turns out! Pam did't play great with Robin (was Courtney out with an injury)? They were one of the top doubles team last season so IMO they should stay together. Skylar and Kyle won that Portland tournament but Skylar and Robin had a good season last year. Are Chanelle and Kaitlin going to sit out doubles again this season and only play singles? Oh the possibilities!
And those two were elite dbls players in their junior years

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #557
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Really? I thought Zoe had better dbls result so far..she is with Maegan EB and National Quarterfinalist, at EB even beat

16 Katz/Manasse d. (5) Brady/Woodard 6-7(5); 6-3; 1-0(6)

Or are you implying that it's ALL Maegan?
Wait I definitely meant "singles lineup" Whoops.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #558
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Yeah, it is a tough call to make. Whichever team is fired up the most can with this

UCLA got better (+McPhillips/-Jones)
USC about even (+Yates/-Ramos)
Stanford about even (+Hardebeck/+Kostas/-Burdette/-Li)
Cal slightly worse (+Fabikova/+Chi/-Juricova)
Is that really worse? Got one more quality player

And I see that you changed your avatar pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Wait I definitely meant "singles lineup" Whoops.
oh

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #559
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Is that really worse? Got one more quality player

And I see that you changed your avatar pic

oh
Well, having an extra quality player might not help all that much if she is on the bench.
Losing Juricova isn't small potatoes.
Schutting/Davis will have big shoes to fill at #2/#3 with Susanyi playing at #1.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #560
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I think Fabikova and Chi could play

Dunno about Davis but Schutting battled Krista to a tight 3rd at the Regional Final(beat Mal at Ojai to reach the Final), and also advanced to NIIC Final. She should be very hard to beat at #2.

I'm more 'worried' about their Dbls, along with STAN's

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM   #561
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

link

""Jennifer is an amazing talent and a player who I see making an immediate impact in the college game," said Sampras Webster, who guided UCLA to a runner-up finish at last year's NCAA Championships. "She's someone who will fit right in with our players and our staff. She has a very big forehand and can play both singles and doubles. It's going to be exciting to see her develop into a top college player. We're thrilled that she decided to make UCLA her home for the next four years." "

Exactly. Her drives are so potent to blow Kyle off (at ISC), and with Woodard she was practically US junior #2 dbls team after Andrews/Townsend. She showcased her variety against Kiick and Hibi at the National.

Anderson/Brady/McPhillips/Ray/Morton/Van Nguyen/Harrison/Dolehide

UCLA is a top contender for NCAA in 2014.

So far UCLA's DEPTH was impressive.

Now, UCLA's TOP 3 is also among the best in the nation.

It'll be nice to see who's better, against Stanford

Gibbs/Krista/Zhao/Ahn/Tsay/Davidson/Doyle/Kostas

UCLA dbls will be very hard to beat (I wonder who Brady will team up with? To maximize her height, Dolehide?) And we dunno if Gibbsy will even stay for her senior year In fact I think she WILL leave, since Doyle can't NOT be a starter

(By the way STAN really seems to have a special 'fondness' for Asians )

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Nov 21st, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM   #562
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

That's crazy! I'm very surprised UCLA got Brady given the current players that they have. I have to wonder if any of them will leave early or transfer. I certainly hope not. Either way, welcome to Westwood, Jennifer!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM   #563
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
That's crazy! I'm very surprised UCLA got Brady given the current players that they have. I have to wonder if any of them will leave early or transfer. I certainly hope not. Either way, welcome to Westwood, Jennifer!
It happened before
Wetmore, Walters(PEPP), Hoffpauir(USD), Pantic(MISSOURI)..

Anyway this Florida 'connection' will be quite useful to UCLA; Seguso, Van Nguyen, now Brady..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM   #564
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
link

""Jennifer is an amazing talent and a player who I see making an immediate impact in the college game," said Sampras Webster, who guided UCLA to a runner-up finish at last year's NCAA Championships. "She's someone who will fit right in with our players and our staff. She has a very big forehand and can play both singles and doubles. It's going to be exciting to see her develop into a top college player. We're thrilled that she decided to make UCLA her home for the next four years." "

Exactly. Her drives are so potent to blow Kyle off (at ISC), and with Woodard she was practically US junior #2 dbls team after Andrews/Townsend. She showcased her variety against Kiick and Hibi at the National.

Anderson/Brady/McPhillips/Ray/Morton/Van Nguyen/Harrison/Dolehide

UCLA is a top contender for NCAA in 2014.

So far UCLA's DEPTH was impressive.

Now, UCLA's TOP 3 is also among the best in the nation.

It'll be nice to see who's better, against Stanford

Gibbs/Krista/Zhao/Ahn/Tsay/Davidson/Doyle/Kostas

There's no way UCLA is losing dbls against STAN (I wonder who Brady will team up with? To maximize her height, Dolehide?) And we dunno if Gibbsy will even stay for her senior year In fact I think she WILL leave, since Doyle can't NOT be a starter

(By the way STAN really seems to have a special 'fondness' for Asians )
Let's see. With Davidson #6 recruit, playing at #6 and with Brady #5 recruit, playing at #3---I would have to say Stanford has a stronger line-up

I don't think Gibbs will leave just because of Doyle. That is going to depend upon whether she is ready to turn pro and I think, more importantly if she is able to win team NCAA's this year.

Even if Gibbs does leave, the Cards still have a legit shot and as equal shot as UCLA. With Gibbs, I think the Cards have a stronger lineup.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM   #565
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Let's see. With Davidson #6 recruit, playing at #6 and with Brady #5 recruit, playing at #3---I would have to say Stanford has a stronger line-up

I don't think Gibbs will leave just because of Doyle. That is going to depend upon whether she is ready to turn pro and I think, more importantly if she is able to win team NCAA's this year.

Even if Gibbs does leave, the Cards still have a legit shot and as equal shot as UCLA. With Gibbs, I think the Cards have a stronger lineup.
Well yes, STAN is still quite formidable on paper.

However;

Quote:
STAN brings a foreigner

Carol Zhao (CAN)

Tried to cull her results against known US players this year from the ITF site;

W H2H vs MCCARTHY, Kaitlyn (USA) 6-0 6-2
W H2H vs FUENTES, Camila (USA) 6-0 4-6 6-1
W H2H vs MCADOO, Rasheeda (USA) 6-1 4-6 7-5
SF W H2H vs MAKAROVA, Christina (USA) 3-6 6-1 6-2
64 W H2H vs YEE, Kimberly (USA) 6-2 6-2
64 L H2H vs KIICK, Alexandra (USA) 6-4 4-6 2-6
32 L H2H vs TOWNSEND, Taylor (USA)7-6(4) 6-7(5) 4-6
16 W H2H vs OKUNO, Ayaka (JPN) 6-3 7-6(7)
64 W H2H vs VICKERY, Sachia (USA) 6-2 6-2
64 L H2H vs BRADY, Jennifer (USA) 6-2 4-6 2-6
64 W H2H vs DEWAR, Tristen Z. (USA) 6-3 6-4
Fear the Bear?

In fact I think Jen could be even better than Krista. The sheer pace of her drive(she's a terrific ball basher) is more than Krista's, and she's more versatile too. Also her serve is definitely better. Krista is more consistent though. If Jen manages to harness her errors she'll be quite a formidable player.

P.S. When was the last time STAN had a foreign player?(I thought Hibi might go there. Maybe she IS turning pro?)

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Nov 21st, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM   #566
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:

P.S. When was the last time STAN had a foreign player?
Alice Barnes from the UK. Great player, singles and doubles. Played No. 2 singles behind Amber Liu.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...s_alice00.html

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:07 PM   #567
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Well yes, STAN is still quite formidable on paper.

However;

Fear the Bear?

In fact I think Jen could be even better than Krista. The sheer pace of her drive(she's a terrific ball basher) is more than Krista's, and she's more versatile too. Also her serve is definitely better. Krista is more consistent though. If Jen manages to harness her errors she'll be quite a formidable player.

P.S. When was the last time STAN had a foreign player?(I thought Hibi might go there. Maybe she IS turning pro?)
You're forgetting one thing...

Stanford develops their players to be able to compete at the professional level.
Look at the results of Mal and Gibbs this summer.

This is the reason Zhao chose Stanford.
I'm sure Zhao will avenge that loss to Brady, now that she is at Stanford...

Fear the Tree

I think it is great that UCLA is becoming a recruiting powerhouse too. Competition will only make them better.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM   #568
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
Alice Barnes from the UK. Great player, singles and doubles. Played No. 2 singles behind Amber Liu.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...s_alice00.html
Forgot that, I thought she was American

Quote:
You're forgetting one thing...

Stanford develops their players to be able to compete at the professional level.
Look at the results of Mal and Gibbs this summer.

This is the reason Zhao chose Stanford.
I'm sure Zhao will avenge that loss to Brady, now that she is at Stanford...

Fear the Tree

I think it is great that UCLA is becoming a recruiting powerhouse too. Competition will only make them better.
So it's now a coaching battle too, huh I think UCLA coaching is quite good, it'll be exciting, for sure.

Now if USC snags one of the remaining top recruits

P.S. Have STAN gotten any players from Florida before?

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Nov 21st, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #569
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Courtney Clayton is from Florida. Still asking myself why she stopped playing, should of transfered to Duke with her younger sister.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #570
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Courtney Clayton is from Florida. Still asking myself why she stopped playing, should of transfered to Duke with her younger sister.
Didn't Courtney came to Stanford, following in her brother's footsteps, Alex Clayton
Courtney came to Stanford, the same year that Veronica Li came, another recruit from Florida.