BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WTA New Contract

Are you Happy with Eurosport 29 93.55%
Are you happy with the new 'proposed' deal with BT Vision 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #76
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all
Re: BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK

Why is this all cloaked in secrecy?

I wonder why the hell they just don't announce it one way or the other. These 'sources' must have come from somewhere.
Double Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #77
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold

My source is very good indeed and very sad about the way this matter has been handled!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #78
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Pretty much. So anyone with Sky/Virgin/Freeview would basically be fucked.
So I'm fucked.

Fuck you very much WTA. they may have got more money but will this really improve the popularity of the Tour if many people can't watch the fucking sport?
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #79
country flag ShimSham

ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light ShimSham is a glorious beacon of light

I hate BT. I'm not going to fork out for BT Vision, so no WTA for me anymore.
ShimSham is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #80
country flag John.
Turn your face into the sun!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for real? What a joke.

No more SEWTA for me then
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #81
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold
Any news on UK TV Coverage for next year?

Does anyone have any updates, I can't wait any more
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #82
country flag Malkmus_

Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of

Awww fuck. I thought this was going to be a new channel (like a replacement for ESPN) and be available for Sky and Virgin customers.

So you actually have to buy BT Vision to get it? I can do with missing out on a few football matches a season, but disappointed to lose out completely on the WTA.

Would have thought Sky Sports would be the preferred bidder, what with the growing interest in Watson and Robson at the moment.
Malkmus_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #83
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

It seems EU countries with no coverage can watch the tennistv.com coverage. (Atleast now there are also Premier events shown as highlights, where it before was ''covered'')

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #84
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Since I don't know what BT Vision, a quick wikipedia says it announced a deal with Eurosport on November 8th. Maybe they'll get the rights and decide when and how to air content, and have a sharing deal with ES?

instargram
duhcity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #85
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

BUT the new full coverage are 5-6 Live matches

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #86
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Wait people are talking like this has been confirmed? Sources?
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #87
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
BUT the new full coverage are 5-6 Live matches
Yes it's a joke. I wanted subscribe next year. But its just ATP and a little bit WTA, beside from the Internationals. So 90 € a year is to much if you just want watch WTA.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #88
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

90 € is what I payed for 3 tix in Hamburg or Leipzig...

But in GB they possible can't even watch it.

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #89
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

tennistv.com is not going to be a proper second option for all of us. The WTA plan is more and more turning out to be a total flop.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #90
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Wait people still haven't posted sources. Have BT Vision got the rights or not and if so what is the package outline?