Early Australian Open Odds - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #16
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early Australian Open Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Ah the Mashatards at it again. So what was the YEC? On grass?!
Not always Li Na is in a bad form

The main reason why surface matter is that Serena is vulnerable on slow surfaces in early rounds if she faces someone like Wozniacki or Makarova or Razzano etc , players not scared of Serena

Of course if she reaches SF = she wins the title

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Nov 19th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #17
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Not always Li Na is in a bad form

The main reason why surface matter is that Serena is vulnerable on slow surfaces in early rounds if she faces someone like Wozniacki or Makarova or Razzano etc , players not scared of Serena

Of course if she reaches SF = she wins the title

You mean Azarenka and Sharapova are more scared of Serena than Woz/Maka/Razzano?!

Serena won the event 5 times, so stop with the b.s. that Serena can't play on slow courts.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #18
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Serena, Vika, Masha, Kvitova seems pretty obvious to me. Then Li/Stosur/Kerber.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #19
country flag EnglishOak

EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold

The country where the odds are released are important. For instance, British bookmakers will have shorter odds on Robson because they will expect to take more bets on her, therefore she is a bigger financial liability than other players.
EnglishOak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #20
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Kvitova rated so ridiculously high from her true price with all the bookmakers? She is 6/1-9/1 with bookmakers. Yet on the exchanges she is around 21/1. Who would ever consider backing her at 6/1 outright lol?
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #21
country flag rjd1111

rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
S Williams
6/4
V Azarenka
10/3
M Sharapova
6/1
P Kvitova
10/1
N Li
25/1
S Stosur
25/1
A Radwańska
25/1
A Kerber
33/1
C Wozniacki
33/1
V Zvonareva
66/1
A Ivanović
66/1
V Williams
66/1
L Robson
66/1
M Bartoli
80/1
A Petkovic
100/1
S Lisicki
100/1
K Kanepi
100/1
S Errani
100/1
M Barthel
100/1
J Janković
100/1
M Kirilenko
100/1
S Kuznetsova
125/1
A Pavlyuchenkova
150/1
Y Shvedova
150/1
S Stephens
150/1
D Cibulková
150/1
N Petrova
150/1
L Safarova
200/1
Y Wickmayer
200/1
J Goerges
200/1
R Vinci
250/1
H Watson
500/1
Each-way bets 1/2 odds first 2

Wait a minute! V Azerenka and Maria Sharapova are no 1 & 2 in the world

why is Serena favored above them......doesn't seem right.
rjd1111 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #22
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1111 View Post

If I wanted to put money on Vika or Maria, I would not exactly complain about their bigger odds.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #23
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
what's up with Kvitova hype and her having almost the same odds as Sharapova? And it looks like folks still haven't got the memo about slow surfaces and Williams on them...oh well, let's see who will do a Makarova this time arround
A)Serena won the Australian Open 5 times

B)That Makarova lost was during her injury

C)Serena won YEC where the court moved just as slow (and she won easily)

The fact that you even doubt Serena as the favorite shocks me haha...She is sooo above everyone, that this Grand Slam is almost NID. It seems YOU didn't get the memo on how great Serena plays at Australia.

P.S. Every time Serena played the AO on an odd year, she has won it. Guess what she's the BIG favorite for AO 2013

This has to be the biggest NID Grand Slam ever!!
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #24
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Laura Robson 20th favorite to win!
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #25
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

I like Serena at those odds. To me she is more than 50% likely to win the title, so given only 40% odds, quite terrific actually.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #26
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1111 View Post

If she wouldnt be odds favorite you would call it a joke since she is 5 times champion. Such cheap "hat, no hat" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Why is Kvitova rated so ridiculously high from her true price with all the bookmakers? She is 6/1-9/1 with bookmakers. Yet on the exchanges she is around 21/1. Who would ever consider backing her at 6/1 outright lol?
Kvitova odds are joke. She should be closer to the 2nd tier favorites like Li, Radwanska. Of course ppl can believe she'll drop 10 kilo during off-season and etc... but right now she is waste of money.
tejmeglekvár is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #27
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
A)Serena won the Australian Open 5 times

B)That Makarova lost was during her injury

C)Serena won YEC where the court moved just as slow (and she won easily)

The fact that you even doubt Serena as the favorite shocks me haha...She is sooo above everyone, that this Grand Slam is almost NID. It seems YOU didn't get the memo on how great Serena plays at Australia.

P.S. Every time Serena played the AO on an odd year, she has won it. Guess what she's the BIG favorite for AO 2013

This has to be the biggest NID Grand Slam ever!!
No

debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #28
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
No

She was up 4-1 in the third and served for that match though
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #29
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
She was up 4-1 in the third and served for that match though
She still lost Do you expect Lady Jaja to win the AO before announcing her pregnancy?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #30
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
what's up with Kvitova hype and her having almost the same odds as Sharapova? And it looks like folks still haven't got the memo about slow surfaces and Williams on them...oh well, let's see who will do a Makarova this time arround

Did you get the memo about how Serena has won this event FIVE times?