Tennis shoes - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of
Tennis shoes

I'm planning to buy new tennis shoes and I am wondering if you have any suggestions? My problem is that I have wide feet, so I am searching for shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
Thank you in advance for your answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #2
country flag bdave351

bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of bdave351 has much to be proud of
Re: Tennis shoes

What type of surface will you be playing on?
bdave351 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #3
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend the Adidas Barricade. I have the 6.0 version and I would say it's great for wide feet.

http://www.tennisexpress.com/ADIDAS-...e-Silver-17028
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #4
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
I recommend the Adidas Barricade. I have the 6.0 version and I would say it's great for wide feet.

Thanks, but I'm looking for men's shoes, these are women's . Sorry I didn't specify this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351 View Post
What type of surface will you be playing on?
Mostly clay, but a few times on carpet diring winter.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #5
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga View Post
Thanks, but I'm looking for men's shoes, these are women's . Sorry I didn't specify this before.

Mostly clay, but a few times on carpet diring winter.
I have a guy friend who plays tennis too and he thinks Men's Barricades (and the Barricade team -which is the cheaper version of Barricade) are the best tennis shoes.

Last edited by peanuts : Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #6
country flag syapa

syapa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/id_3521/
thank you nice info

Last edited by syapa : Sep 16th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
syapa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #7
country flag okaythen

okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice

Hi I just joined the forum and I can't start a thread...I hope you can let me ask my question here.

I got this jogging shoes....they are very comfortable...I was wondering can I use them for tennis as well? thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01862.JPG (94.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01866.JPG (94.7 KB, 6 views)
okaythen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #8
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga View Post
I'm planning to buy new tennis shoes and I am wondering if you have any suggestions? My problem is that I have wide feet, so I am searching for shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
Thank you in advance for your answers
I also have wide feet and I find the prince T22 suits me very well. However, shoes are a very personal thing. You really need to try them. I used to use the Prince quiktrac, which I liked. When the quiktrac 2 came out I didn't like it at all. I then found the Prince T10, which fit me well, and then the T22.

I tried the barricade and didn't like it.

In all honesty you can't tell until you try the shoes, unless you know that someone has a very similarly shaped foot to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen View Post
Hi I just joined the forum and I can't start a thread...I hope you can let me ask my question here.

I got this jogging shoes....they are very comfortable...I was wondering can I use them for tennis as well? thanks
Depending on how strict the club you play at is, you can use jogging shoes if you are a beginner but I would definitely prefer to play in tennis shoes once you start improving. Tennis shoes are designed to help you stop quickly and turn on a flat surface, whereas jogging shoes are designed to make forward movement comfortable and also to help you run on uneven surfaces.

Some clubs insist you have proper non marking tennis shoes.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #9
country flag okaythen

okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice

so it's true that you can injure yourself with non tennis shoes? coz it got no side to side support? my footwork is pretty fast.
okaythen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #10
country flag zigga

Thanks for all answers I tried adidas barricade and they unfortunatelly didn't work for me.
I tried Head Speed Pro II Men and they felt very well on my foot, so I'm probably buying those. Anybody has any experience with those?
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #11
country flag lenusu

lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice

Go for Adidas Barricade.
lenusu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #12
country flag Racket Stringer

Racket Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just purchased a pair off Asics Mens GEL Solution Speed Tennis Shoes - Neon Green and love them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11876099-asics-mens-gel-solution-speed-tennis-shoes.jpg (63.3 KB, 2 views)
Racket Stringer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #13
country flag aberdons

aberdons is an unknown quantity at this point

Nike footwear tends to be quite good if you have wider feet (at least in my experience), as are Asics. Those Gel Solution Speeds look great!
aberdons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #14
country flag tmc5005

tmc5005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a wide foot I would highly recommend looking at new balance tennis shoes as they come in a wide range of widths I personally like the nike breathe but I have an average width foot.
tmc5005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #15
country flag Shanerio

Shanerio is an unknown quantity at this point

There are many Tennis Footwear brands like: Adidas, Babolat, K-Swiss, Asics, Head, Karakal, Nike. All these brands make very stylish and cool tennis shoes.

Last edited by Shanerio : Oct 16th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Shanerio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote