Pac 12 - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #541
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Women of Troy Welcome Zoe Katz To The Trojan Family

"She is one of the best doubles players in the country and we expect her to be a strong addition to our singles lineup right away."

Hear, hear.
Is she going to replace Lao for the #2 spot, so that there will be Zoe at Court #1 and #2
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #542
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So Danielle lost to Anett twice in a row..1st loss was at Ojai this year.

Anett is having the time of her life lol, beating Mal to advance to Ojai final, now NIIC finalist.. Cal didn't do too well at WAATC, but they more than made it up at NIIC I guess.
And they added Fabikova and Chi..they'll be tough to beat, as always.

But...could they beat Stanford? When was the last time they have beaten them? EVEN USC did it twice recently
Cal lost their #1 player, now the assistant coach, while Stanford lost their #2 player, now a pro.
...Advantage Cards
Stanford added the #1 Freshman, while Cal added the #2 Freshman.
...Advantage Cards
Cal added Chi, while Stanford added Kostas.
...Advantage Cal

Yep, I give the edge to Stanford, plus, the wild card is whether Ahn can make a difference.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #543
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Women of Troy Welcome Zoe Katz To The Trojan Family

"She is one of the best doubles players in the country and we expect her to be a strong addition to our singles lineup right away."

Hear, hear.
The juxtaposition befuddles me. Why mention how great she is in doubles and then say you're adding her to the singles in the same sentence?!

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #544
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Is she going to replace Lao for the #2 spot, so that there will be Zoe at Court #1 and #2
You mean in singles? Doubles maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
The juxtaposition befuddles me. Why mention how great she is in doubles and then say you're adding her to the singles in the same sentence?!
I thought dbls and sgls is a bit different, look at Krista KK too for that matter
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #545
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
It's kind of like saying she is a lock for doubles but for singles it still has to be determined.
Katz and Westby will join Yates to gun for the last two spots in the line-up.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #546
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
You mean in singles? Doubles maybe.

I thought dbls and sgls is a bit different, look at Krista KK too for that matter
Yeah singles. I never get into doubles that much. It's like bang...bang...the match is over.

With Pulido graduating, there's a chance Zoe & Zoe can play doubles.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #547
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's kind of like saying she is a lock for doubles but for singles it still has to be determined.
Katz and Westby will join Yates to gun for the last two spots in the line-up.
I think so too. And there's also Giuliana Olmos.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #548
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
I think so too. And there's also Giuliana Olmos.
Well, I olmos forgot about her

Was she injured last year?

BTW, USC has too much depth...UCLA and USC...those teams are making it too competitive for the Cards

It's going to be a tight 2nd and 3rd place for them.

Last edited by tie_breaker : Nov 18th, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #549
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Katz is okay for singles. I don't think she'll be a prominent feature in the doubles lineup.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #550
country flag fantic

Quote:
Well, I olmos forgot about her

Was she injured last year?

BTW, USC has too much depth...UCLA and USC...those teams are making it too competitive for the Cards

It's going to be a tight 2nd and 3rd place for them.
Both schools have a fighting chance for #1 since Mal is no more

Quote:
Katz is okay for singles. I don't think she'll be a prominent feature in the doubles lineup.
Really? I thought Zoe had better dbls result so far..she is with Maegan EB and National Quarterfinalist, at EB even beat

16 Katz/Manasse d. (5) Brady/Woodard 6-7(5); 6-3; 1-0(6)

Or are you implying that it's ALL Maegan?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #551
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Both schools have a fighting chance for #1 since Mal is no more
Yeah, it is a tough call to make. Whichever team is fired up the most can with this

UCLA got better (+McPhillips/-Jones)
USC about even (+Yates/-Ramos)
Stanford about even (+Hardebeck/+Kostas/-Burdette/-Li)
Cal slightly worse (+Fabikova/+Chi/-Juricova)

I bet Gibbs is pissed that Mal left.
I didn't see any congratulation or GL tweets for Mal.
If Gibbs has any competitive spirit in her, she'll try to go deep in Toyota, Japan to catch-up
with Mal at the AOQ's
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #552
country flag fantic

UCLA added Harrison too.
They can field 4 very good doubles teams
Granted their dbls results during the Fall aren't spectacular, but if they get better..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #553
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
UCLA added Harrison too.
They can field 4 very good doubles teams
Granted their dbls results during the Fall aren't spectacular, but if they get better..
Yeah, I got Harrison down at #7, but Blue Chip player, not ranked, amounts to what? doubles player? That's crazy amount of depth! I wonder what is in the kool-aid at UCLA? It must be good!!!

Maybe this is why there isn't any LOA for UCLA for 2012-2013, unless they're looking to walk-on...
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #554
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, I got Harrison down at #7, but Blue Chip player, not ranked, amounts to what? doubles player? That's crazy amount of depth! I wonder what is in the kool-aid at UCLA? It must be good!!!

Maybe this is why there isn't any LOA for UCLA for 2012-2013, unless they're looking to walk-on...
I'm interested to see how they pair up in doubles and how the singles line up turns out! Pam did't play great with Robin (was Courtney out with an injury)? They were one of the top doubles team last season so IMO they should stay together. Skylar and Kyle won that Portland tournament but Skylar and Robin had a good season last year. Are Chanelle and Kaitlin going to sit out doubles again this season and only play singles? Oh the possibilities!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #555
country flag fantic

Potential of UCLA dbls is indeed great (sky is the limit methink), but the one which scored the best result in the NATION during the Fall is USC

KK/Sabs aiming for the Golden Slam
Lao/Pulido defeating UCLA and winning the Regional
Gabi/Zoe beating UGA and UVA team(NIIC finalist) to advance to MD at WAATC, and NIIC Cons. finalist (lost to UVA in a tiebreaker)

Olmos is in fact pretty good in dbls too, and Yates is not bad either.
And next year another(smaller? 'little'? ) Zoe, who has exceptional volley skills, comes in
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles