Why did Venus change her service motion? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #1
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future
Why did Venus change her service motion?

Hi guys,

Just a thread about a question that has been in the back of my mind for some time. I would like to know if anyone has any idea why Venus altered her service motion from the one she used circa 2001 - 2003 to the motion that she has used from around 2005 onwards?

Was it something to do with injury? It seems odd to me as it appears that the motion she was using in the early 2000's was far simpler, cleaner and she seemed to generate more velocity and consistency.

Any ideas?
KBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why did Venus change her service motion?

The ab injury she had in 2003 basically made her change some of her strokes. BH and Serve have never been the same since then. The multiple wrist injuries / wrist surgery didn't help either.

Last edited by volta : Nov 17th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
volta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why did Venus change her service motion?

I don't think her previous serve was more consistent. Her ball toss was all over the place back in the day and she barely generated any spin on her second serve. Her torso used to face the court quite early in the motion which I understand is bad technique or whatever. I think she changed it to correct some of the technical faults she used to have + to compensate for some of the injury issues volta mentioned