Peak Venus VS Peak Maria - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Venus or Maria?

Venus Williams 150 82.42%
Maria Sharapova 32 17.58%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #1
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

Thought I'd join the 'Peak' hype.

I actually think Maria wins this one....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #2
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

I love Maria & Venus.

It's obviously Venus. At her best her serve is better, her backhand is better, she's better in both offensive and defensive play, she's better at the net, and her movement is better. I think the only check I'd give Maria is the forehand. She is more consistent, but Venus' is still lethal.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Venus.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Lol .... not even close. Venus wins easy. Wimbledon 2005 was pretty close to what we'll get.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #5
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

definitely Venus.
6-2 6-2 or something like that

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #6
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Venus.

She'd be consistently be able to do exactly what Rena and Vika are doing to her today.

Expose her movement and force her to go for too much through being an exceptional mover and first strike player.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #7
country flag i.will2

i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice
If you say Sharapova you are either naive or delusional she wouldn't touch Peak Venus.
i.will2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #8
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, Venus would smack Martha leaving her in teras and getting an attack of hysteria because of being bagelled.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #9
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
Venus.

She'd be consistently be able to do exactly what Rena and Vika are doing to her today.

Expose her movement and force her to go for too much through being an exceptional mover and first strike player.
Venus is 1-3 on HC with only win over aftersurgery Pova.....

except grass Venus vs Masha = 50/50

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #10
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post

If it's aftersurgery Pova, then all of Masha's win were Sjogren's Syndrome Venus.

Two can play at that game

You lost all your credibility in that Peak Maria -v- Peak Serena thread
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #11
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF??????

Venus 6-1 6-4 everywhere

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #12
country flag i.will2

i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post

YOu're not seriously about to argue against "PEAK" Venus being being better than Sharapova are you??

Seriously thanks for the bad rep BUT when you're wrong you're wrong just face facts. Maria is good but Venus is better period.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #13
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match as we've gotten from the pair of them. Maria hit the ball so cleanly and served well and still lost in straights. Venus moves too well.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #14
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
If it's aftersurgery Pova, then all of Masha's win were Sjogren's Syndrome Venus.

Two can play at that game

You lost all your credibility in that Peak Maria -v- Peak Serena thread
you lost your credibility when became I.Hate.Sharapova , at the same time pretending to be I.luv.Kvitova/Azarenka/Radwanska etc

Venus second serve still is her main weakness, that's why she is not Serena in achievements and everywhere except grass she is not better that her main competitors including Sharapova

Quote:
Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match
Peak Venus will beat anyone on grass, including her sister .... at the same time Peak Venus will lose even to no peak players at AO and RG

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #15
country flag i.will2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Venus. Wimbledon 2005 was as close to a Peak vs. Peak match as we've gotten from the pair of them. Maria hit the ball so cleanly and served well and still lost in straights. Venus moves too well.
Exactly Venus would run down everything on whatever surface and frustrate Maria. The funny part is though Venus would rarely be on the defensive in this matchup. Playing her best she has too many options. She can finish points from the baseline or at the net. Maria has no Plan B or backup game, if she can't hit you off the court she's not going to win. Let Sharapova attempt to come in to net against Venus and see how often she gets passed.