Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 323 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #4831
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

Outstanding, really thrilled for Lucie!

When I said it could be her crowning glory I never expected it to be THAT emphatic. I'm sorry JJ was crushed, but what a career moment for Lucie winning the vital point! After last year she must have felt a little fraudulent, despite it being a team effort. This makes it all the better for her now.

Lucie's not known for being a pressure player so hopefully this can be a catalyst for Lucie in bigger matches to prove she can finish them off if she's playing well enough to.

Last edited by Foals. : Nov 4th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Foals. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4832
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy for Lucie, such a lovely and humble girl. She'll never win a slam like Petra, but when she's on it's great to watch. If she continues to work hard, she may reach the TOP10 at some point in her career.

Fabulous performance today
Petronius is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4833
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

OMG i'm so happy Couldn't see the end of the match so i had the good surprise when i came home ! I hope it will help her for next year; it was great to see Biljana in the stands

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #4834
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Anyone have a highlight video of the match??? Nothing is uploaded.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #4835
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie was impressive. Amazing serving. Very strong performance !

Congrats for winning Fed Cup, Czech Republic. Well deserved, happy for them

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #4836
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...th-heaven.aspx

Quote:
Czech Republic in seventh heaven

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC: Lucie Safarova led her team to victory on the second day of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final after defeating Jelena Jankovic 61 61 in front of a full house at the O2 Arena.

In the first rubber of the day Kvitova was outgunned by an inspired Ana Ivanovic to give the visitors a glimmer of hope but Safarova carried her good form from yesterday into the fourth rubber to ensure the Czechs won their seventh Fed Cup title overall.

The victory moves the Eastern European nation into joint-second alongside Australia for the most Fed Cup titles and cements their place as the No. 1 team in the competition having also won the title in 2011.

“Here at home in this type of crowd, it’s indescribable, it’s an amazing feeling,” said Safarova, who clinched the decisive point in a Fed Cup tie for the first time in her career by playing out of her skin against Jankovic.

“There are so many emotions and happiness and that is the feeling we are practicing for every day, even if you’re not in the mood to work,” she added.

Captain Petr Pala, who collected the trophy from ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti spoke to the crowd after the match and thanked the Serbian team and wished them well for the future.

Pala made special mention of the home fans, who have cheered every point and made this final one to remember. “It’s phenomenal,” he said. “The crowd is amazing, they deserve it too.”

For the Serbians it was a difficult day at the office. Ivanovic gave her team hope of an unlikely comeback after playing unbelievably well against Kvitova to win 63 75 in one hour 47 minutes – the longest match of the weekend.

“To give a whole point to our team was just amazing,” she said. “It was a really good quality match. “I knew I was going to play better today because I got that experience yesterday.”

For Kvitova it was a step too far on her return from illness. “I didn’t have a lot of energy and it was obvious on the court. I tried to play only for a few shots, I couldn’t play for longer, and that’s why I started to have mistakes.”

And any hope of taking the tie into a decisive fifth rubber was extinguished by Lucie Safarova, who from the outset dominated Jankovic with cleanly struck groundstrokes.

Safarova celebrated by performing an impromptu rendition of a dance that went viral on the internet with Andrea Hlavackova earlier this week. The pair had obviously choreographed a victory jig to Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe and they brought the house down with their on-court shenanigans.

Prague will be a party town tonight and the fans will be hoping for more of the same in two weeks’ time when the Czech men take on Spain at the same venue in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final.

For now we can reflect on the wonderful culmination to another fine year of Fed Cup action and look forward to seeing you in 2013.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4837
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

I would love to see Lucie playing like that but it is also sad for me to see my another fave who used to be a top player and Fed cup hero lost with a non-competitive score I would be happier if they both played great.

Anyway, it is such a big breakthrough for Lucie, I hope she will back it up next year, we need a WTA title and GS 4th round so much, we all know she can do it

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #4838
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm bored so I'm gonna make some stats for Lucie's 2012 season

W/L Singles: 34-22, 60.71% of matches won

W/L Doubles: 12-14, 46.15% of matches won

2012 titles: Prague 100K ITF, Charleston doubles title w/Pavlyuchenkova, Fed Cup Champion

Finalist: Charleston

2012 Prize money: US $677,429

Reached QF or better at 7 tournaments

Three set matches W/L: 7-5 at 58.33%

Coming back from a set down to win: 3, 2 times after saving MP (Wozniacki Doha, Babos Eastbourne)

Top 20 W/L: 8/10 (9 are top 10 losses, only 11-20 loss all year was Li Na in Montreal when she was ranked 11)

Top 10 W/L: 3/9 Wins: Wozniacki (4) Zvonareva (9) Stosur (5) Losses: 3 to Bartoli, 2 to Li Na, 1 to Stosur, 1 to Serena, 1 to Sharapova, 1 to Kvitova

Best wins of the year games wise: 6-0 6-0 vs Hercog Charleston SF, 6-1 6-1 vs Jankovic Fed Cup final, 6-2 6-0 vs Yakimova RG R1, 6-2 6-0 vs Lucic Charleston R2.

Worst losses of the year games wise: 6-0 6-1 vs Serena Charleston F, 6-2 6-0 vs Niculescu Beijing R1 6-2 6-1 vs Watson Miami R2 6-3 6-0 vs Bertens Wimbledon R1

Aces for the year: 170

Service games won: 72.5% (ranked 10 on tour)

BPs saved: 61.3% (ranked 5 on tour)

All next stats are before the fed cup final so probably would have improved a bit

First serves won: 67%

Second serves won: 48%

Points won on 2nd serve without DFs: 57%

First return points won: 34%

Second return points won: 53%

BPs won: 42%

YE Singles ranking: 17 (Career high, reached on August 20 2012)(25 in 2011)

YE Doubles ranking: 59 (Career high of 54, reached May 21 2012)

GS Results: AO R1, RG R2, WIM R1, USO R3
W/L: 3/4

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4839
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

That grand slam stat is a killer. Good year though, thanks for the stats, David! It's weird to think that she go to 17 this year but only made one final. Let's hope 2013 brings some titles her way.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #4840
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Nice stats
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4841
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those stats

Hopefully Lucie will build on that great Fed Cup form she showed in the final. She did so well and she must have been so happy with that result. In front of her home crowd!

For 2013 I really want her to win a WTA tournament. And like jasonbloom said reach a 4th round at a GS. Plus reaching the top 15 for the 1st time

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM   #4842
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Where will Lucie start her season?

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4843
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, hopefully Brisbane but we have to wait and see. Definitely isn't playing Auckland.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM   #4844
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Brisbane's field is so strong already, I hope she would choose Shenzhen then I would go there to support her

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM   #4845
country flag Davodus

She's top 20 now she always chooses to play premiers as a top 20 player should.

Closed Thread