Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #1561
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I know what you mean: One is doing it for the love of the sport, competition and/or his own Ego. And the other is doing it to make money, while treating Petra like a commodity (your horse analogy), a Chess pieces or another business asset. I got you.

Unfortunately, that businessman, seems to have an ego to (at least when speaking to the press about how he can get Petra to do stuff, and making suggestions to her).
Yes,but I hope that sweet Petra is strong-willed enough to at least question the arrangement and listen to alternatives from others

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1562
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Please keep it classy, guys. Thanks.

And no, I'm not affiliated to Mr. Černošek in any way, but the guy is running a leading European tennis academy and a world-class talent like Petra is the product of this academy. He has full right to look after his product and protect his investment. Of course, as times goes by, Petra will have more and more say on every detail of her career, whether on- or off-court. Be patient.

They have built the academy from scratch. Before he took over as the CEO, most of the best Czech players came from the Prague area (Navratilova, Mandlikova, Korda, Sukova). Since 1990s, the Černošek-run facility has been the undisputed leader in the country.

Once again, please don't drag the level of this subforum to the level of some GM threads.

Thanks!
I think you know I always respect your opinions Petronius.

In this case I was only making light of the fact that Mr. Cernosek might be screwing himself in the end (no pun intended) because of his insecurities regarding Petra. With Hingis he didn't do enough and lost her. With Petra, it might turn out to be the opposite extreme. He needs to find a balance that shows he sincerely cares about her and her future and not just about filling his pockets and pleasing his corporate and political buddies at her expense. By doing this, he could actually maximize his investment.

If he fails to do this, he will live up to my example. Time will tell.

BTW: I hate to hear or read about Petra described as anybody's 'product'. It's a disgusting description for obvious reasons.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #1563
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post

In this case I was only making light of the fact that Mr. Cernosek might be screwing himself in the end (no pun intended) because of his insecurities regarding Petra. With Hingis he didn't do enough and lost her. With Petra, it might turn out to be the opposite extreme. He needs to find a balance that shows he sincerely cares about her and her future and not just about filling his pockets and pleasing his corporate and political buddies at her expense. By doing this, he could actually maximize his investment.

BTW: I hate to hear or read about Petra described as anybody's 'product'. It's a disgusting description for obvious reasons.
I've to agree that Petra is her own person, not any other people's product.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1564
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post

Agreed.

That's scary indeed. Sounds like he owns her. Bruce described this type of thinking, as people treating Petra like she's some kind of [Race] "Horse" or something. I said a [lesser] "commodity" myself.

So yeah, Petronius's description and Cernosek's sense of entitlement and apparent arrogance made me uncomfortable as well.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1565
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Ick. As rewarding as I imagine it would be to be a professional tennis player I wonder if it would include resigning yourself to be pushed around by people that think of you as a product, commodity, moneymaker, or something to that effect. (When I say that, I don't mean you guys using those terms as examples )

Surely there are players who control a lot of their own team and management, but that really is the purpose of a GM or agent I suppose.

This whole Cernosek thing is A few pages back he was listed as being the one who said he missed a great opportunity to "cash in" (so to speak) on Martina Hingis, right? Because she played at the Prostejov club for a while? He sounds like quite the businessman...
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #1566
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just so we're clear,folks,that was only a metaphor for illustrative purposes;even though I love animals plenty,Petra is immeasurably more precious than ANY racehorse to me

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1567
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
A few pages back he was listed as being the one who said he missed a great opportunity to "cash in" (so to speak) on Martina Hingis, right? Because she played at the Prostejov club for a while?
What I understood she was most likely under his club contract for 11 years old kids.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/radiozurnal/ho...nazer--1126522
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1568
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

This is a funny discussion.
Unlike most of you here I'm not sure this Cernosek issue is as big of a deal one way or another. In fact I'm more worried about someone else: that British/Canadian woman that WTA decided to assign to Petra - what is her deal? I hope Petra is not paying her money cuz I don't see too much of a change in Petra's English or any other proficiencies that justifies the hiring of an expensive personal assistant. It looks like Petra's capacity to present herself in interviews and the like is developing at the same rate as it would under any circumstances.

So if Petra is paying that woman lots of money then it's a waste and she should be fired (let her stick around only if WTA is covering the cost
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1569
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Unlike most of you here I'm not sure this Cernosek issue is as big of a deal one way or another. In fact I'm more worried about someone else: that British/Canadian woman that WTA decided to assign to Petra - what is her deal? I hope Petra is not paying her money cuz I don't see too much of a change in Petra's English or any other proficiencies that justifies the hiring of an expensive personal assistant. It looks like Petra's capacity to present herself in interviews and the like is developing at the same rate as it would under any circumstances.

So if Petra is paying that woman lots of money then it's a waste and she should be fired (let her stick around only if WTA is covering the cost
Why would you be worried about Katie? You think she's a spy or something?

Don't worry. I'm sure Petra pays (if she does any) less money to this Katie woman, than she does to Mr. Cernosek.

And I'm not sure if you were being humorous, but it's pretty clear why people here are up in arms (along with it being the off season): Cernosek appears to have a lot of control, conflicts of interest, personell selections and revenue streams involving/over Petra.

These are many of reasons why people switch their management, Agents, coaches, etc., all the time (especially when it affects their tennis, control or finances). Ultimately, we care more about the tennis (though some care about Petra's well being as well). Hope your joking.

PS: And leave Katie alone. She served her purpose already. Didn't Petra credit her with winning her two North American hardcourt tournaments?

Last edited by Excelscior : Nov 16th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1570
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
What I understood she was most likely under his club contract for 11 years old kids.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/radiozurnal/ho...nazer--1126522
Didn't read the article. But I would have left the guy to, if he would have signed me to a club contract as an 11 yr old.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1571
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Why would you be worried about Katie? You think she's a spy or something?
Exactly!

Cuz after all she's the one who was appointed/assigned to Petra by WTA bureaucracy (NOT Petra who chose her in a free market.

Quote:
PS: And leave Katie alone. She served her purpose already.
No, here's the deal: you stick to your Kvitty personnel gripes, I stick to mine (which happens to be that I don't trust a career WTA "apparatchik").
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #1572
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post

I don't see what you're worrying about? Katie is not there helping Petra improve her ENGLISH, even if she couldn't speak a single word, it's fine for me

at least from the feedback around, Petra is genuinely happy when she's with Katie
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1573
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
at least from the feedback around, Petra is genuinely happy when she's with Katie
That's not always the best barometer of a sound relationship;I've seen plenty of junkies who are VERy happy whenever their dealer comes around.However,I get and agree with your general point,and I also haven't seen any evidence yet that the assistant has any negative impact on Petra

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1574
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Pavel Složil comments

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...esitku-ma.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1575
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Ummmm...well,we non-Czechs could use our imaginations to guess at how Pavel feels about Lucie and Petra,but a brief summary from YOU wouldn't hurt