Peak Wozniacki v. Peak Zvonereva - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Whose peak is better?

Vera 86 76.11%
Caroline 27 23.89%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #46
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Wozniacki v. Peak Zvonereva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
Without Sergey: Wozniacki 6-4 7-5
With Sergey: Bepa 4-6 7-6 7-6

More like 6-1, 6-1 with Demekhine...

Another category
With Piotr on court coaching 7-5, 6-4 Wozniacki
Without Piotr on court coaching 6-3, 6-4 Zvonareva
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #47
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Zvonareva is in a differently league than Wozniacki. People here referring if she is mentally tough in the match, well we are talking about peaks now are we not, means she will be mentally tough in the match. Zvonareva is better than Wozniacki in all departments at peak name it and Vera is better.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #48
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

vera and its not even close. Yeah caroline has the number one ranking but i dont read to much into that

if vera was stronger mentally she would definately have more titles and who knows she may actually have a slam.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #49
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
I also forgot this. Vera is a MUCH much better net player that Caro too. I personally don't see the variety that you all see in Caroline's game. She doesn't slice balls (intentionally during rallies, only as a response) and Vera has shown she's smart enough to hit to the FH more than the BH so the result is NID. I also think Vera does have the better serve, and furthermore that she can adjust to all surfaces better. She can increase topspin when needed to match the conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #50
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Vera plays Caro well. In 2010 Caro won Montreal, New haven. SF of USO, won Tokyo, Beijing, final of YEC.
The only time she didnt make the final in those 6 tournaments she lost to Vera 2010 USO SF.
In 2011 Caro won Dubai, final Doha, won IW. Her only loss was to Vera.
Caro beat Vera in finals of Montreal & Beijing.
Vera is a little like Stosur, they both have a lot of strangely weak finals. I think IW 2009 & Doha 2011 are her only titles above Tier III
But Vera knows how to play Caro, and has the variety in her game to do it, even when Caro is getting her best results
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #51
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Vera is (was) very strong, possible slam material. It never happened unfortunately.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #52
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
I found the thread " Peak Vikapower vs peak GoDokic, WWW? " is more exciting than this.

Having said that, although I can hardly get excited watching these 2 players playing,, Did Vera and Woz all reach their respected " peaks" around somewhere in between 09-11, where Woz were at #1, Vera reached her best at #2, and Woz owned all the Russian players with a record of 35-4 or something like that?
Peak Vikapower win with no doubt

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #53
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

Didnt Zvonareva already beat Peakniacki on Doha 2011?
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #54
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

But peak Wozniacki was something a la that match against Bartoli in Doha, where she was almost constantly on offense, and she was great at it.

I agree with moby that Woz can hit as hard as Vera. I would give edge to Woz in serve department too. However, in this match-up Vera movies the ball around better, returns better and is eager to finish off the points at the net. So I MIGHT give a slight edge to Vera overall.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #55
country flag SunshineSlam

SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of

The only way to really answer this question is to consult the facts.

Caro's peak: #1
The other girl's peak: #2

Welp. Guess that settles it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Peak defense is like the fat kid is with glasses and an artifical limb. It always gets picked last; as a weapon of choice in a Peak debate.

Zvonareva has a positive H2H against Wozniacki anyway during their peak years. Only a mentally unstable person would pick the defensive player in a peak debate between two players, where the offensive player in the match-up already has the real H2H lead.
Yeah the other girl leads the H2H by one because Caro had to retire in one of the matches.

She still managed to win a couple of games in that set she was injured for though, whereas the other girl has been bageled multiple times by Caro. And that can't be attributed to mental fragility, even the most mentally weak player can win a game or two at the start of a set when there is no pressure, unless they are dominated and outclassed by their opponent throughout. A closer look at the H2H only highlights even more the fact that Caro is the better player and that she can dominate the other girl at her peak.
SunshineSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #56
country flag Tag

Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice

certainly not tennis, that's for sure
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #57
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlam View Post
The only way to really answer this question is to consult the facts.

Caro's peak: #1
The other girl's peak: #2

Welp. Guess that settles it then.

Yeah the other girl leads the H2H by one because Caro had to retire in one of the matches.
Oh right that was the match, where Wozniacki sprained her ankle chasing down a Zvonareva dropshot. I guess if Wozniacki had the technical ability to play a dropshot she could injure players, too. Much less work than grinding for three hours.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #58
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena_Williams_ View Post
Didnt Zvonareva already beat Peakniacki on Doha 2011?
And Peakniacki beat Peakareva in the Montreal, Beijing, YEC matches in 2010. People trying to claim their matches against eachother when they were peaking as definitive proof eitherway isn't going to work: they generally split the honours in their matches at the time (oh God, those dark days when Wozniacki-Zvonareva was the best rivalry on the WTA such was the game's dire state ).

With that said, their 2010-11 matches certainly give the lie to the claim that either Wozniacki or Zvonareva severely underachieved and should've won Slams: not only were they regularly beaten comfortably whenever they played one of the genuine elite players, they didn't even have their number of their fellow non-Grand Slam champ. Whereas other "best players to never win Slams" like Jankovic or Safina reliably beat all the non-Slam champions when they were at their respective peaks.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #59
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is bepamaria analisys on this?

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #60
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Oh right that was the match, where Wozniacki sprained her ankle chasing down a Zvonareva dropshot. I guess if Wozniacki had the technical ability to play a dropshot she could injure players, too. Much less work than grinding for three hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote