Who is the classiest player on court? - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #166
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of
Re: Who is the classiest player on court?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Interpretation. I wasn't talking about from a grunting perspective.

Basically having no on-court personality places you in a classy category by default?
Going arrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhh when you hit the ball doesn't give you an 'on court personality'.

But it does disqualify you from being the most classy person on court.

It's an automatic DQ in this game, and I make the rules.

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #167
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
When in the world was Davenport ever classy!?

Even now retired spitting her venom on TV gossipping about every player she wasn't on good terms with, yay super classy.
I think you're trying a little too hard there.

LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #168
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
I think you're trying a little too hard there.

I agree. Lindsay is an extremely nice commentator, always knowledgeable and objective.
Which I cannot say about Mary Joe who is openly worshiping Serena, Sharapova and Azarenka, at the same time belittling all other players.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #169
country flag FoxyliciousKhat

FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChokes View Post
Making ridiculous noises in order to put your opponent off is certainly not classy.

That's your interpretation and not facts... but obviously you need something to whine about so I guess you can hold on to that.

Honestly, people are beyond ridiculous to think that players deliberately make noise to throw off opponents. BUT WHATEVER!!!

Therefore Venus, Serena, Maria, Vika at al, are not allowed to be counted as 'classiest player on court'. Notice it's 'on court'. These ladies could be classy as hell off court and in interviews, but while they're making wild animal noises whilst hitting the ball - can't be classed as classy on court.

Sorry if that makes anyone cry.
Venus, Mauresmo, and ElenaD are my picks. Well and Kim too.

I don't think Serena and or Maria are as horrible as some would like to believe. Yeah Serena has said and done somethings that perhaps she should not have done, but I think that fact that she will never robbed a player on court is to be admired.

Maria also... although she has not really done any over the top antics on court, she's thrown some shades when prompted... But she's takes her beating with her head held high and that's admirable.

Class is not just about being politically correct 100% of the time. One can get caught up in the heat of the moment and lose it, that does not make them horribly bad, just very emotional.

Foxy

WORD: Just because your friend or the pundits or the crowd doesn't agree or dislike something doesn't mean you need to, you are actually entitled to your own opinion even if it doesn't agree with that of everyone else. Don't be a a negativity sheep!

Last edited by FoxyliciousKhat : Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
FoxyliciousKhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #170
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Yeah I was the one who commented "I didn't like that from Daniela" in that video But that's like the worse you'll ever get from her, a WTF stare
Well, maybe she just didn't like Hsieh. I just got a chance to review the highlights between her and Hsieh in Sofia and she smashed her racquet like 5 times in that match...
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #171
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChokes View Post
Making ridiculous noises in order to put your opponent off is certainly not classy.

Therefore Venus, Serena, Maria, Vika at al, are not allowed to be counted as 'classiest player on court'. Notice it's 'on court'. These ladies could be classy as hell off court and in interviews, but while they're making wild animal noises whilst hitting the ball - can't be classed as classy on court.

Sorry if that makes anyone cry.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #172
country flag ScrubLove

ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold

Lena was the first person that came to mind, of course the comments about the Williams sisters weren't "on-court" so I'm not sure they count. The example that sprung to mind was the final of Charleston against Henin in 06?. She had a set point and one of Henin's shots was called out. It didn't look like the chair was going to come look at it but Lena gave the point to Henin on her own and ultimately lost the set and the match.
ScrubLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #173
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised Ana was mentioned only a couple of times, tbh. She doesn't ajde on opponents unforced errors anymore (she only really did in 09 tbh), she's generally nice at the net, she does thank the ballkids often and if not she always smiles. Her only fault in my mind is she get's pretty upset with line calls at times.

Venus, Petra, Sam and Aga stand out though
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #174
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubLove View Post
Lena was the first person that came to mind, of course the comments about the Williams sisters weren't "on-court" so I'm not sure they count. The example that sprung to mind was the final of Charleston against Henin in 06?. She had a set point and one of Henin's shots was called out. It didn't look like the chair was going to come look at it but Lena gave the point to Henin on her own and ultimately lost the set and the match.
It counts.
How could it not when her charge fed into the Indian Wells fiasco, ultimately leading to the Williames never playing that freak of a tournament ever again?
In all fairness to Dementieva, she later seemed contrite about making such baseless accusations. Or maybe it was my wishful imagination. But hard to tell when she's hiding behind those damned miffedmax bangs from hell.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer

Last edited by RVD : Nov 15th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #175
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
For someone who played so much and won so much I'd say her on court behaviour was very good. Of course she was going to have the odd day where she was a bit wound up but for the vast majority of her play she was professional to her finger tips and well behaved on court. I remember one year at the French after winning a match she had a nice moment high fiving one of the guys who sweeps the courts and the commentator mentioned she was always very friendly with the people who look after the courts.
Had to dig this up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Ndb8-hlww and go to 02:08:15
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #176
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

answer in my sig.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #177
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Serena

A close second would be Lindsay Davenport.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #178
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I agree. Lindsay is an extremely nice commentator, always knowledgeable and objective.
Which I cannot say about Mary Joe who is openly worshiping Serena, Sharapova and Azarenka, at the same time belittling all other players.

--
This. Lindsay is an awesome commentator, one of the best out there at the moment tbh.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #179
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay is a biased and bitter commentator. And I remember her acting like a complete bitch in that Beijin 2007 match where JJ beat her ass.
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #180
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how most are going for just the top players when there is probably a lot of girls floating in the lower two thirds of the hundred who are as classy as hell, but I suppose it is like a masterful acting performance in a film that flops,nobody cares.