ART Toronto (Rogers Cup) G2- Week 17 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #106
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: ART Toronto (Rogers Cup) G2- Week 17

Some great results here today!! Vekic carries on to stun everyone
in the draw! Quarter-Finals here she comes!! Petrova puts more
meaning behind her No.1 ranking as Zheng and Oudin show that
everyone had better take note!!!

Round 2 bottom half up tomorrow!
Keep the great articles coming!!
Good luck

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #107
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Donna!
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #108

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Doubles Round 1/R16 bottom half coming up

Serena Williams
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #109

Doubles Round 1/R16

(4) Anne Keothavong (GBR) and Patty Schnyder (SUI) vs. Jarmila Gadjosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(4) Keothavong and Schnyder

(4) Anne Keothavong (GBR) and Patty Schnyder (SUI) DEF. Jarmila Gadjosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
6-3, 0-6, 6-2

In what was deemed a strange match for the No.4 seeds the Brit and Swiss were able to get the job done. After winning a convincing opener both players performance dipped dramatically as both struggled to get on the scoreboard, with the Czech and Aussie playing some effortless tennis. The final set was what many expected though as Anne and Patty rediscovered their fine form to book a shaky win into the Quarter-Finals!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Nov 18th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #110

Doubles Round 1/R16

Christina McHale (USA) and Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) vs. Venus Williams (USA) and Serena Williams (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
McHale and Jovanovski

Christina McHale (USA) and Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) DEF. Venus Williams (USA) and Serena Williams (USA)
3-6, 6-3, 6-2

The match looked clear cut who was to win after the William sisters racd ahead with the first set comfortably resting on their shoulders. The second set carried on to look simple until it looked like both Wiliams were trying out a different stratergy. After losing a couple of games te Williams diverted back into their own plan, but now nothing seemed to work as the Serb and other American in the draw started to discover some blistering form and take the leaders set away from their grasp. The final set certainly became a scrap but the Williams struggled to keep their consistancy as Jovanovski and McHale booked a big win and rewarding place in the Quarter-Finals!

Serena Williams
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #111

Doubles Round 1/R16

Alison Riske (USA) and Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Andrea Petkovic (GER) and Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Petkovic and Wozniacki

Andrea Petkovic (GER) and Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) DEF. Alison Riske (USA) and Kim Clijsters (BEL)
7-6 (14)*, 7-6 (3)

In a spectacular match to end Round 16 Doubles action, the first set was a much rally orientated match as both teams refused to give in. But it was the wall of Wozniacki and Petkovic that deemed Clijsters and Riske's downfall. The second set was pretty much a mirror image of the opening set as Clijsters and Riske failed to find a way to break through!! Great result from Caro and Petko!!

Serena Williams
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #112

Doubles Round 16 complete!

Congratulations to all of our winners!!

Round 3/R16 bottom half of singles will be tomorrow

Serena Williams
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #113
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Anne and Patty
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #114
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Oudin and Riske

McHale!!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #115
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Any results today?

If you need help with anything please feel free to ask me!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #116
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena_4ever View Post
Doubles Round 16 complete!

Congratulations to all of our winners!!

Round 3/R16 bottom half of singles will be tomorrow
Since there were about 10 days without results maybe it wouldn't be bad if we have 2 rounds in one day?
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #117
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Since there were about 10 days without results maybe it wouldn't be bad if we have 2 rounds in one day?
Okay, Hele, having done the results before--I've run tournaments in the pasts--it's something that takes time, each result takes about 10-20 minutes to make. The game master is taking time out of his/her very BUSY life to do something for fun on the forums. Now, as we all know there are times in our lives when we don't necessarily have the time to get the things that we want to do for fun done first. It's important to remember to be patient, and to be thankful that we have a person who's willing to try and put this game together for us.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #118
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
Okay, Hele, having done the results before--I've run tournaments in the pasts--it's something that takes time, each result takes about 10-20 minutes to make. The game master is taking time out of his/her very BUSY life to do something for fun on the forums. Now, as we all know there are times in our lives when we don't necessarily have the time to get the things that we want to do for fun done first. It's important to remember to be patient, and to be thankful that we have a person who's willing to try and put this game together for us.
I ran two games before so I perfectly knows it.
Once I couldn't follow rhythm any more I stopped because I didn't want to torture myself and players.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #119

Hey guys I haven't been on the past couple of days as I received my new computer back finally and have had to transfer everything back onto it and it has taken time to do! I wasn't able to get online either!!

Apologise for the inconvenience and there won't be any delays now! Again the tournament would have been finished by now and maybe I should have got someone else to post them for me, but I haven't been able to tackle technology this week!

Bottom Half of Round 16 coming up!!

Serena Williams
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #120

Round 3/R16

Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Gajdosova

Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) DEF. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
3-6, 6-4, 6-4

The Italian raced ahead in the opening set as Gadjosova seem to strauggle with her confidence and nerves. After the change over, coming into the second set the Aussie got a grilling off her coach and after winning the first game seemed to have changed into a different woman. Her strokes became very fluent and consistant as she started to challenege the hungry Italian. After clipping the second set with some brutal rallies that the Aussie was able to take the final set became a battle of its own as both players made silly errors and became frustrated with her play. But after being slumped ever since loaing the second set the Italians play became more irractic as the Aussie bowed down onto her knees for a Quarter-Final berth in Toronto. The Aussie seems to have been inspired all week.

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Nov 16th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.