Chris Evert Thread - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #2221
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Talking about her celebrity ProAm tournament on this weekend. Looking good and relaxed.....
http://www.cbs12.com/sports/stories/vid_144.shtml
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #2222
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertmad View Post
Talking about her celebrity ProAm tournament on this weekend. Looking good and relaxed.....
http://www.cbs12.com/sports/stories/vid_144.shtml
Still too much botox or something, can't see her eyes. Plus what's with the huge breasts ?
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 02:19 AM   #2223
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

congrats to EVERTMAD for winning the Rolex Watch at Chrissie's pro-am this weekend!!!! A fellow blaster is rewarded... by the GODS!!!!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM   #2224
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
congrats to EVERTMAD for winning the Rolex Watch at Chrissie's pro-am this weekend!!!! A fellow blaster is rewarded... by the GODS!!!!
Fantastic! great job EVERTMAD (who I hope will post a report here-hint, hint!)
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 01:21 AM   #2225

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lgQX08RzY
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:34 AM   #2226
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Chris Evert is one of the best clay courters ever.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:34 AM   #2227
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Chris Evert has one of the best backhands ever.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM   #2228
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chris Evert has one of the best backhands ever.
The best backhand ever IMO. No one has better balance, touch, and even better, depth. As she got older and racquet technolgy changed she put away a lot more balls for winners too. Chris hit somes deadly short angle crosscourt winners when she got a short ball in the mid to late 80s and was set up to smack it.

Early on her career she was vulnerable off this side when stretched short and wide. This tactic often forced her to take one hand off the racquet, leaving her without a forceful reply. Evonne Goolagong and Billie Jean King used this strategy a lot against her on grass.

As she got older though her sliced backhand got better, even if it was rarely used. And while never a natural at net she improved there too. The difference from her Wimbledon matches with Evonne from 1972 to 1976 are striking.

Those who watch today will say she never had power to compete with modern stars. I say balderdash. The sticks of Evert's era were like antique pistols compared to today's oversized bazookas.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM   #2229
country flag forehand27

I think Lenglen, Seles, Connolly, Henin, would all have cases for best backhand ever too, but yeah you are probably right she has the best backhand overall.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #2230
country flag forehand27

I am sure Evert today would produce decent power. At 34 she was slugging it out with Graf, Sabatini, and Navratilova in various matches in 88 and 89, and hitting the ball harder with the more modern equipment than in her physical prime. She wouldnt ever have the power of Serena I dont think but more than makes up with it with unbelievable precision, placement, directional control, and understanding and flawless execution of the nuances of point construction.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2231
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

This video sums up what Chrissie does for charity and why....!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvJWR...e_gdata_player

The event this year was great. A further $600,000 dollars was raised. Kevin McKidd, Dr Hunt from Greys Anatomy, returned and played well with Chrissie. Elizabeth Shue, from CSI, also returned and did a great job despite serving in horrific winds. Maeve Quinlan, also played and caused great laughter by refusing to serve saying it wasnt in her contract!!! Brad Gilbert, made an impressive appearance and caused great hilarity at the cocktail party when he suddenly remembered that he had actually got married at the Boca Raton hotel years earlier!!!! Tom Arnold made his debut this year, he was funny but lets say he needs to practice a bit for next year. Jill Zarin was hilarious. David Cook, who had been praticing did a great job......Murphy Jensen and Rennae Stubbs were professional and the stalwarts of Alan Thicke and Jon Lovitz were as funny and entertaining as ever. The level of tennis was high and a new star in Helio Castraneves was found. There was even two games of Chrissie versus Martina for the fans to enjoy.....Chris won both games....and played like the champion she is.....all in all another wonderful year for Chrissie and her team who struggled with the weather from Hurricane Sandy and lots of other local events which took place on the same weekend but they still managed to raise a significant amount of money for such an amazing cause. Congratulations.
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #2232
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold

Not sure whether you have seen this, but Chris and Jimmy playing mixed in 83. Great interview and acceptance speech, but what was Chris thinking with her hair?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvbdn...eature=related

and again in 84- great match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvA-B...feature=relmfu

Anyone know much about the event and how long it ran for?

Last edited by BCP : Nov 15th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #2233
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Not sure whether you have seen this, but Chris and Jimmy playing mixed in 83. Great interview and acceptance speech, but what was Chris thinking with her hair?!
LOL-it WAS the 1980s. Doesn't that forgive everything to do with hair? There is a funny commercial on TV in the US that perfectly fits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFk21GOM5k

I'm going from 20-30 year old memories here, but this event was a great holdover from the 1970s. Spaulding's threw a lot of money at a mixed event as early as about 1975 or 76, and the idea stuck around on and off until the mid 80s.

Usually the event was in Texas, Houston or Dallas I think, and sometime in the calendar like December-January when the tours were not in full swing.

Impressed by the crowd size. Of course when you put Evert and Connors on the same court you got a good crowd!
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #2234
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Rollo. Sounds like a lot of the top women played the event. It looks like a fun event. The 83 acceptance speech made me laugh.

Re: Chris's hair. Was this a transition haircut, from headband to mullet? Whatever- it sure is bad, not matter what the era!

Love seeing her serve and volley so well though. The Rinaldi match looked really good.
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvbdn...eature=related

and again in 84- great match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvA-B...feature=relmfu

Anyone know much about the event and how long it ran for?
It went worse in 1984. Actually she's had bad hair from 1984 till 1987.