Yaroslava Shvedova's 2013 season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #1
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Yaroslava Shvedova's 2013 season

I would like to take this time to discuss my favourite WTA player, and my 3rd favourite overall player (behind Del Potro and Tsonga), Yaroslava Shvedova

Now Slava has had a reassurgence in 2012. Injury ruined her 2011 season and sent her outside the top 200, but she's back now, finishing the year as the world number 29 and acheiving a career high ranking of 25 in October. She reached the Quarter Finals at Roland Garros, 4th round of Wimbledon and made history in the 3rd round of Wimbledon by winning the Golden set against Errani.

Slava is a very talented player, but her problems lie mentally. She's inconsistent and chokes a lot. And when chokes she chokes badly. Thats the main reason for her poor end to the season, and why she's underachieved (imo) so far in her career.

But after a great 2012 overall for Slava, How do you think she'll fare in 2013?

Will she fall back down the rankings? Will she finally break top 20? Maybe even top 10? Or Will she have a similar year to this one?
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #2
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova's 2013 season

Often a good January can provide a player with the momentum to progress to better and better results. We saw this last year with Kerber and Errani, we saw it the year before with Petkovic and Kvitova. Conversely, a bad January can put pressure on a player and be the beginning of a slump. I say this particularly because having followed Slava for several years, she has all the characteristics of what I'd call a confidence player. She is one of those players for who success breeds success. Unfortunately the reverse is also true. Hence when Slava lost a couple of leads after Wimbledon last year, it got harder and harder for her to close up matches as that year progressed.

What I'm saying is, I don't know how Slava is going to do next year. But I honestly believe she needs a good start to put some of last year's losses behind her. With a good start, top 20, even top 10 is a real possibility. Equally a poor start and she could slip back. Let's see how January goes and I think the picture will become clearer.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #3
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

AWOL until Roland Garros, probably. I'd love for her to do well in Australia though.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
AWOL until Roland Garros, probably. I'd love for her to do well in Australia though.
If Slava was AWOL until RG I would seriously be concerned for her results at RG as well. I don't believe she is going to find it easy defending her points going into that event if she goes into it in poor form.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #5
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

The tournament i'm most interested in for Slava is Wimbledon.

She showed great improvement on grass last year, and was unlucky not to go further into the tournament. With a good draw, and some decent form, she could do well at Wimbledon i reckon.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #6
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Player forum.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
The tournament i'm most interested in for Slava is Wimbledon.

She showed great improvement on grass last year, and was unlucky not to go further into the tournament. With a good draw, and some decent form, she could do well at Wimbledon i reckon.
She could indeed. But last year, Slava came into Wimbledon on a confidence high after an outstanding Paris. That made a big difference I believe. Of course Slava could have another great Wimbledon but I wouldn't yet be confident of it. I really do think it will be important for her to build some early momentum next year. I don't want her going into the summer without some strong results over the early part of the year backing her up.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #8
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Player forum.
She doesn't have a forum yet. She has a thread, but thats different
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #9
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
She could indeed. But last year, Slava came into Wimbledon on a confidence high after an outstanding Paris. That made a big difference I believe. Of course Slava could have another great Wimbledon but I wouldn't yet be confident of it. I really do think it will be important for her to build some early momentum next year. I don't want her going into the summer without some strong results over the early part of the year backing her up.
Of course. Confidence is key for Slava, as she is a confidence player like you said. Thats my main concern about next year. Can she rebuild her confidence?

But if she is confident, i think thats an interesting slam.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #10
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Of course. Confidence is key for Slava, as she is a confidence player like you said. Thats my main concern about next year. Can she rebuild her confidence?

But if she is confident, i think thats an interesting slam.
I hope so. She should look at January as fresh start. And as for Wimbledon if she is clicking of course she has the ability to kick ass there. In all the time I have followed her I have never wavered from believing that, and I still do. But having the ability to do something and doing it aren't the same thing. That is why we need to cross our fingers very tightly.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #11
country flag Noserer

Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer Noserer

Average as always for this female Tipsy wanna be.
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #12
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

She will probably maintain Top 30 or Top 50 but not going to go further much because I think she is still going to choke We can expect some amazing runs from her but then at crucial times her game is going to disappear. Maybe she can get to Top 20 for couple weeks then drop back down.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #13
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

If she keeps choking like the way she did since the uso, she may not have any living fans by RG
wildemu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #14
country flag Dr.T.R.Oll

Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll Dr.T.R.Oll

who cares shevdova is a mug who should retire for her 2 fans
Dr.T.R.Oll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #15
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future

She will stay the Greatest Player Of All Time. Too bad she will also stay the Even Greater Choker Of Even More Than All Times.
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote