Ranking 2012-3 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #16
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Robin Anderson

I think winning NIIC may be pretty important rank-wise, since all players are usually highly ranked

#5 Zsofi Susanyi
#8 Sabrina Santamaria
#12 Kate Turvy
#15 Natalie Beazant
#18 Brynn Boren
#22 Anett Schutting
#90 Julia Wais

Except Sabs and Julia, others are all NIIC wins, and even though she didn't play WAATC, she has 7 wins against ranked opponents (And all pretty highly ranked ones, at that!)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #17
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Another player who went deep in all 3 is Alexa Guarachi.

Won the Regional, and although she lost first matches at WAATC and NIIC, went deep in the Consolation draws, hence a lot of wins against ranked opponents

#52 Petra Januskova
#55 Caroline Rohde-Moe (twice)
#66 Patricia Veresova
#76 Samantha Adams
#77 Li Xi
#96 Nicole Bartnik
#116 Julia Jones

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

By the way the only undefeated player is Robin Anderson, who is on a 11 match winning streak (6 Regional + 5 NIIC)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Yana Koroleva is definitely the player to watch out for;
Her loss to ranked opponents are all in 3 sets

10/21/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Carolina Regional Championships Semifinals #35 Hanna Mar #3 Duke University Loss 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
10/20/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Carolina Regional Championships Quarterfinals #44 Mary Clayton #3 Duke University Win 7-5, 6-1
10/20/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Carolina Regional Championships Round of 16 #24 Lauren McHale #8 North Carolina Win 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
10/20/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Carolina Regional Championships Round of 32 Bryn Khoury Elon University Win 6-0, 6-2
10/19/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Carolina Regional Championships Round of 64 Yvonne Hubler Charleston Southern University Win 6-2, 6-1
9/23/2012 Furman Fall Classic Consolation #18 Brynn Boren #24 University of Tennessee Win 6-2, 6-3
9/22/2012 Furman Fall Classic Consolation #26 Zoe De Bruycker #8 North Carolina Loss 5-7, 6-1, 6-4
9/21/2012 Furman Fall Classic Quarterfinals #10 Mary Anne Macfarlane #11 University of Alabama Loss 2-6, 7-6(3), 6-3

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #20
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Sofie Oyen's wins

#29 Ecaterina (Katie) Vasenina
#37 Maho Kowase
#53 Lauren Herring
#74 Ale Granillo
#76 Samantha Adams
#96 Nicole Bartnik

She revenged her loss against Krista(WAATC) and Herring(Regional) at NIIC.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #21
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Anett Schutting

#9 Emina Bektas
#11 Danielle Lao (2nd win vs Lao this year)
#14 Petra Niedermayerova (revenged her loss at WAATC at NIIC)
#32 Sofie Oyen
#35 Hanna Mar
#47 Ellen Tsay
#51 Jenny Jullien

Zsofi Susanyi

#6 Lauren Embree
#8 Sabrina Santamaria
#17 Cristina Stancu
#22 Anett Schutting
#41 Katie Le
#52 Petra Januskova

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Nov 15th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

Brynn might break into top 10 due to her fantastic fall result; WAATC and NIIC Quarterfinalist and Regional finalist.
Niedermayerova too, for that matter. WAATC Quarterfinalist, won the Regional, advanced to NIIC Cons. semifinal.
Now I'm not sure

Dunno what the ranking of Gibbs and Capra will be.
Aside from that, the only top 10 player who underperformed is #9 Bektas. #10 Macfarlane had 5 wins against ranked opponents(3 of them top 20), not a bad result.

And Lao is #11, who is WAATC Semi finalist, and def. #4 Sanchez-Quintanar at NIIC.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Nov 14th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #23
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Now I'm not sure

Dunno what the ranking of Gibbs and Capra will be.
Aside from that, the only top 10 player who underperformed is #9 Bektas. #10 Macfarlane had 5 wins against ranked opponents(3 of them top 20), not a bad result.

And Lao is #11, who is WAATC Semi finalist, and def. #4 Sanchez-Quintanar at NIIC.
Gibbs and Capra will be unranked because they will have no matches on the computer [well, Gibbs will have 1, but 1 unranked win is not nearly enough to earn a ranking].

Without considering schools that neglect to upload their scores, etc., I expect the initial singles ranking to look something like this:

1) Anderson [UCLA]
2) Sanchez-Quintanar [TAMU]
3) Oyen [FLA]
4) Susanyi [CAL]
5) Embree [FLA]
6) Schutting [CAL]
7) Elbaba [UVA]
8) Hardebeck [STAN]
9) Macfarlane [ALA]
10) Mar [DUKE]
11) Herring [UGA]
12) Suarez-Malaguti [UNC]
13) Niedermayerova [KAN ST]
14) Lao [USC]
15) Santamaria [USC]
16) Scandalis [USC]
17) Burgic [BAY]
18) Josifoska [UNLV]
19) Guarachi [ALA]
20) Kowase [UGA]
21) Tere-Apisah [GA ST]
22) D. Collins [FLA]
23) Price [UNC]
24) Boren [TENN]
25) Szekely [TENN]

The freshman will be somewhat under-ranked in general because the rankings are spun twice the first week. Expect them to move back up (Elbaba and Hardebeck into the top 5, in particular) in the 2nd ranking release of the spring.

Last edited by CTSEMT : Nov 14th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #24
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

thx for the detailed prediction.

But are you saying that Boren's ranking will actually go DOWN from #18? I find that hard to believe..

I'm not sure that Gina and Josifoska will be ranked that high..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #25
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Boren has lost 7 times, most of anyone in the top 125 I think, including 0-3 in her first tournament of the year and an unranked loss to Dieters. That will weigh her ranking down. Plus I think she will also be hurt by the double spin (specifically the placement of Zoe Scandalis after the first spin) and will probably go up a bit the following week.

Also keep in mind that only the top 5 best wins (4 for doubles) are considered in the initial rankings.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #26
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

^ thx for the explanation.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM   #27
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Rankings are up.

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...s_-_Jan__3.htm
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Gibbs and Capra will be unranked because they will have no matches on the computer [well, Gibbs will have 1, but 1 unranked win is not nearly enough to earn a ranking].

Without considering schools that neglect to upload their scores, etc., I expect the initial singles ranking to look something like this:

1) Anderson [UCLA]
2) Sanchez-Quintanar [TAMU]
3) Oyen [FLA]
4) Susanyi [CAL]
5) Embree [FLA]
6) Schutting [CAL]
7) Elbaba [UVA]
8) Hardebeck [STAN]
9) Macfarlane [ALA]
10) Mar [DUKE]
11) Herring [UGA]
12) Suarez-Malaguti [UNC]
13) Niedermayerova [KAN ST]
14) Lao [USC]
15) Santamaria [USC]
16) Scandalis [USC]
17) Burgic [BAY]
18) Josifoska [UNLV]
19) Guarachi [ALA]
20) Kowase [UGA]
21) Tere-Apisah [GA ST]
22) D. Collins [FLA]
23) Price [UNC]
24) Boren [TENN]
25) Szekely [TENN]

The freshman will be somewhat under-ranked in general because the rankings are spun twice the first week. Expect them to move back up (Elbaba and Hardebeck into the top 5, in particular) in the 2nd ranking release of the spring.
Pretty accurate
I should just shut up

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #29
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oyen? The ITA is never gonna get it right.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Well, there isn't a huge gap score-wise, any one of these top 7 can claim #1

Rank Avg Player School
1 63.89 Sofie Oyen University of Florida
2 63.16 Krista Hardebeck Stanford
3 62.96 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar Texas A&M University
4 62.75 Julia Elbaba University of Virginia
5 60.58 Lauren Embree University of Florida
6 60 Robin Anderson UCLA
7 58.93 Zsofi Susanyi California
----------------
8 51.79 Lauren Herring University of Georgia

- Woodrow Wilson