Who is the classiest player on court? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #136
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is the classiest player on court?

Venus for me, along with Safarova and Stosur.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #137
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Venus and Davenport for me. Class acts those two. Too bad Venus's lil' sis is on the opposite end of the spectrum.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #138
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Amy Frazier

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #139
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Define "classy"...

Anyway, in my own perception, I like the way Serena treats her opponents in post-match interviews. Yes, she has her own attitude to umpires sometimes, but she never bullies her opponents. Knowing how dominant she is, she still finds words of courage and respect for her competitors.

And I need to also mention the gracious Elena Dementieva.

So for me: Serena and Elena.

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #140
country flag Mustafina

Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of

Ivanovic has lost a quite a fair bit but I have never seen her lose her temper at the net.
Mustafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #141
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafina View Post
Ivanovic has lost a quite a fair bit but I have never seen her lose her temper at the net.
She flirts with the audience. It's actually funny when you watch her directly from the stands, and then after hitting some winner she comes to your sector, looks at you, even talks to you, and makes flirty expressions. Guys love that!
What is a bit annoying me, though, is her childish tone of voice. Her whole appearance is a bit childish, but I guess I can live with that. Doesn't bother me as much. Nobody is perfect...

--

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #142
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Define "classy"...

Anyway, in my own perception, I like the way Serena treats her opponents in post-match interviews. Yes, she has her own attitude to umpires sometimes, but she never bullies her opponents. Knowing how dominant she is, she still finds words of courage and respect for her competitors.
please refer to the video I posted earlier in this thread p.4
And Serena is known, even by her fans, to be the exact opposite of the last part of your post (she was playing 20%, lucky shots etc.......)
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #143
country flag Manitou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
please refer to the video I posted earlier in this thread...
And Serena is known, even by her fans, to be the exact opposite of the last part of your post (she was playing 20%, lucky shots etc.......)
Nobody is perfect and digging deep you can find a catch on everybody. Karolina was once even kicked out of a tournament, or that's what I heard. And now she is a darling.
From my own direct observation I see Serena consistently changing for the better. I didn't used to be in her crowd, but now I am a convert.

--

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #144
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

Dementieva
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #145
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Define "classy"...

And I need to also mention the gracious Elena Dementieva.

So for me: Serena and Elena.
Didn't she call Sharapova a bitch at the Oz Open once.... and then there is making fun of Safina's achievments. Serena is a classless scum bag. DEAL WITH IT.
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #146
country flag Manitou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
Didn't she call Sharapova a bitch at the Oz Open once.... and then there is making fun of Safina's achievments. Serena is a classless scum bag. DEAL WITH IT.
Yes, her treatment of Safina was not classy. It was during the times when I really disliked Serena.
I am talking about how her PR has been evolving recently.

--

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #147
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of

Surely the mega-decibel grunters should be disqualified from this thread.

They're generally doing it as gamesmanship, which is within the rules, but decidedly unclassy.

Someone like Aga maybe?

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #148
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
Amy Frazier
Isn´t she the one who used to say thanks for every ball the ballboy gave to her? What a classy woman

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #149
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Actually, I think majority of tennis players are classy, or even try to be. Still, some players stop trying to be classy once they get success. I'd say the highest ranked really classy player is Aga.

A proud fan of
Sergiy Stakhovsky
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #150
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodionova

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote