How many players will join the top 10 club in 2013? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many players will join the top 10 club in 2013?

0. 7 14.00%
1. 12 24.00%
2. 27 54.00%
3 or more. 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #16
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future
Re: How many players will join the top 10 club in 2013?

To be new among Top 10 means you are better than someone from Top 10 2012. Barring injuries the only candidate to go out seems Errani
So I see just 1 place for newcomer in 2013 (Robson or Ula)
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #17
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
To be new among Top 10 means you are better than someone from Top 10 2012. Barring injuries the only candidate to go out seems Errani
So I see just 1 place for newcomer in 2013 (Robson or Ula)
Stosur, Li and Wozniacki are all at least as likely, if not more so, to drop out of the top 10 as is Errani. I am not predicting any specific player is going to drop out of the top 10 but following the rankings year after year you learn that players do drop out quite unexpectedly. Just because someone was great in 2012 doesn't mean they will be great again in 2013. Sure that can apply to Errani but it doesn't apply to Errani anymore than any of the other players in the top 10. Your reference to injuries is also very relevent because injuries are hardly uncommon events and top 10 players are hardly immune from them.

For example, in 2006 Amelie Mauresmo won 2 Grand Slams, she finished the year world number 3. She was 27 years old. 2007, she finished the year ranked number 18. Things change.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Nov 13th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #18
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Goerges
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #19
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

I'm saying none.
I think the top 10 may shuffle around a bit. But probably only as far as Venus returning and Petrova/Bartoli swapping around with Karo.

If someone is going to do it I suspect Cibulkova or Vinci to be the one. Vinci may take a similar path to Errani and sweep the weak clay internationals and play herself into form for a deep run at RG. This is all speculation.

Kanepi has no chance next year. Tumbling down the ranking through injury means not protected by being seeded. She will have to hope for favourable draws.

Someone is likely to come from outside the top 30 to the edge of the top 10 (like Petrova did this year) but this is not necessarily going to be a new player. It could be Kuznetsova/Schiavone/Zvonareva/Jankovic for example.

A good run early in the season could help Watson/Robson making it or Paszek she is defending only one win at IW until Eastbourne.
She has the best chance, although not the best game. If you put Cibulkova or Kirilenko into her position they would make it.

But I'm concluding by saying none.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #20
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Errani and Kerber wasnt even top30 when year started. Not that I think this trend will continue, although possible.

Anyway, as a famous person once said: "Get back to predicting ______ and _______ to make the top 10 or whatever delusional shit you're peddling lately"
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #21
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Of the ones you listed, none. I just don't think they can improve much and inconsistency plagues them too often. Most likely the next new top 10 players will come from outside the top 20.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #22
country flag moonballnurse

moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice moonballnurse is just really nice

Serena will have sex with Federer, and their baby girl (Rafael) will reach top 10 next year.
moonballnurse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #23
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's going to come from someone outside of Top 20 (except maybe Bartoli and Petrova) because Top 20 have to count minimum of 2 P5s while the players ranked 21+ can scramble all kinds of tournaments together to get their best rankings.

The candidates for dropping out of Top 10:

Sara Errani
- She is only allowed to play 2 INTLs so -687 points if she doesn't perform well at bigger tournaments.
- Don't think she can defend the F from Roland Garros and SF from U.S. Open.
- She must count 4 P5s and her results from those events are not good.

Samantha Stosur
- Zero titles this year and lose to players outside Top 100.
- Never do well when she is the favorite or in AO season, so that will do some damages.

Caroline Wozniacki
- Piotr's push tactics returning may help her but I believe most people have her figured out.
- Her seeding position is not the same as this year so she is going to get tougher draws.
- It's Sofia that got her ranking back to Top 10... not regular season.

Possible candidates to replace:

Venus Williams (24) - not new
Yaroslava Shvedova (31)
Tamira Paszek (30)

Though I think they will most likely only enter Top 10 for a short period and then drop out.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #24
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Three but will be for a short period for 2 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
Anyway, as a famous person once said: "Get back to predicting ______ and _______ to make the top 10 or whatever delusional shit you're peddling lately"
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #25
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

I voted for two...
1.kirilenko is improving step by step every year, and she already was ranked 12th at one point this season, so next step could be top ten for her
2.laura robson could make it too, she is very young and highly talented

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #26
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Tamira Paszek? What? I love her, but it is as impossible as Errani no.1 in singles. I don't believe she will be able to make some good results on hard.
I would like Robson (with a play from US Open and some random Chinese tournament + good coaching), Barthel (with a play from the beginning of the season + good coaching at last) and finally healthy Kanepi in TOP 10. Probably it won't be none of them.
Please no Cibulkova and Goerges.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #27
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute

So who has worked the most during the off-season?

Vesnina seems to be doing quite well since the beginning of the year, though Vinci will be her first real obstacle.
Pavlyuchenkova and Cibulkova had each one a great Premier week, defeating two top players each.
Flipkens seems confident and continuing her form from Quebec last year by reaching the semis in Hobart and has a very good chance to get to the second week of the AO.
Keys and Stephens are enjoying some good on-court time, too.

Vesnina.Niculescu.Falconi.Voskoboeva.Paszek.Shvedo va.Voegele
TennisTipping.Singles(#16|06.08.2012) ITF Fukuoka, Roland Garros|RU ITF Cali
TennisTipping.Doubles(#82|09.04.2012) ITF Casablanca (w/diego36arg), ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer (w/Frederik), 2010 Osaka (w/CapriatiRules)
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #28
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Too early to say but I wouldn't be surprised if Cibulkova,Vinci or Ivanovic made it. In the second part of the season though.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #29
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

Probably none this year . Not more than 1 new addition.
If someone enters top 10, she would already have been there (someone like Petrova, Venus, for instance)

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #30
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

2 seems reasonable. Who is very hard to predict. From 11 to 20 i think Ana has the best chance, she's just the strongest player there. 20-30 Nastya is still my favorite despite the very disappointing AO R1.