Peak Henin vs. Peak Capriati - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Peak Henin 27 77.14%
Peak Capriati 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #1
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all
Peak Henin vs. Peak Capriati

Me thinks Capriati would win
Her steadiness and flat dtl shots off of Henin's topspin would put Handin on the defense throughout.

Last edited by Thirty All : Nov 14th, 2012 at 05:40 AM.
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #2
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Henin vs. Peak Capriati

It was fun at first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #3
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Can we dispense with the "Handin" comments please? It was a decade ago guys, she's retired since then. And I don't even like her.

Henin would win. Capriati hit the ball big and all, but her finishing shots weren't all that great. If she couldn't put the ball away after 3 or 4 shots she's just rely on depth, and she'd stop hitting through her forehand and just hit a reverse-follow-through shot back deep. Henin's slicing and dicing would drive her mad, and Henin was great at turning offense to defense, which she'd do if Capriati failed to finish off the point. Capriati was an amazing counter-attacker herself, but Henin was great at net, and she'd dull some of Capriati's defenses by coming forward. They're both great returners, so there'd be a lot of service breaks. It'd probably be close, but I say the Belgian comes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
It was fun at first

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Last edited by Stonerpova : Nov 14th, 2012 at 05:49 AM.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #4
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Are we soon getting a thread about Peak Rafolomanantsiatosika vs Peak Ding Ding too?
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #5
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

peak henin is #2 GOAT and I don't even like her, but must give respect to her. 2007 Henin would destroy everyone except peak serena
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #6
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Smooth sailing for justine, capriati wouldn´t be able to tip off the serve and Henin´s forehand and movement was blazing at her peak. The angles and slice would wreck havoc against Jennifer, Justine would get every ball and move jennifer around. No contest.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #7
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Henin easily. She even beat peak Capriati easily on Henin's worst surface when Henin was nowhere near her prime in 2001. Capriati playing maybe the match of her life couldnt beat Henin at the U.S Open. Really the only top player Capriati matches up well against is Serena interestingly enough. The rest she is roadkill for.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #8
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Justine, on ANY surface.
thrust is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #9
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Honestly what are the 4 voting for Capriati basing it on. We already saw even peak Capriati being beaten regularly by Henin, no matter how well she was playing. Her only win in a complete win was a 3 set win on her favorite type of hard court over a not only non prime but slumping Henin who wouldnt get past the quarters of any tournament for months to come. I think some people judge Capriati on her performances vs Serena, since she might be the only player in history who peak to peak is almost Serena's equal on any surface in a head to head matchup, but that is simply since for whatever reason she is a tough matchup for Serena. She isnt a tough matchup for most top players though, in fact for a 3 slam winner she has some of the worst head to heads ever:

vs Graf: 1-10
vs Venus: 0-5
vs non prime Henin: 2-5
vs Sabatini (1 slam winner): 5-11
vs Novotna (1 slam winner: 0-4:
vs Davenport (fellow 3 slam winner): 3-11

Tennis Magazine even noted many times she was famous for her poor head to heads vs other top players, outside of Serena and a post prime Hingis.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #10
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Henin. She owned Capriati even non-peak.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote