Date reached another final - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #1
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Date reached another final

I know she doesn't belong here anymore as she is an active player, but she was retired for long and her best moments were against the past greats, so I just wanted to say that it's amazing how she can still beat young players at her 42 years of age, wonderful effort Kimiko and I hope you keep doing well in the next months. What do you think of her nowadays?
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Date reached another final

I think she's just amazing. If she still had her youth and legs she could give many of today's top ten a run for their money IMO.

She will always reamin in my mind as the first Asian female to make a serious mark in tennis. Kazuko Sawamatsu won in doubles at Wimbledon in 1975 and was arguably in the world top ten that year, but Kimiko had staying power.

A true pioneer, and humble as well.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #3
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I still think she'd have beaten Graf in the Wimbledon semi-final if it hadn't started raining and the match got postponed to the next day

Titles (4) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai
Doubles - (Rank : 11) (High : 9)
Titles - (11) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, (QF WIMBLEDON), 2013 - Bad Gastein, (w/sfar QF WIMBLEDON)
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM   #4
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Made now Round 16 in ITF TOYOTA..seeded #4...
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #5
country flag Steffibestever

Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I still think she'd have beaten Graf in the Wimbledon semi-final if it hadn't started raining and the match got postponed to the next day
I doubt it. She isnt mentally tough enough to finish off a champion of Graf`s caliber in a slam.
Steffibestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote