Which pro does your game compare most to? - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #181
country flag ScrubLove

ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold
Re: Which pro does your game compare most to?

Kaia Kanepi for sure, not so much in technique but more in the style she plays. Big serve but having the double fault count keep up with the ace count most of the time. Big hitter with decently heavy top-spin on the forehand with a more flat backhand. Also able to get to more than may first appear. Net play has been and always will be a work in progress.
ScrubLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #182
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Now Mandy Minella? Probably, serve is okay most of the time. Forehand is the main weapon, sometimes its so off I cannot get any in, sometimes its really good im hitting so much winners off it. Backhand is also okay, although it is more consistent then the forehand. Movement is really good (not sure about Mandys)

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #183
country flag Angelle1986

Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice thread!

Hmmmm, i would say that my game play at the moment is like Mauresmo on a bad day I'm still training to make it become like Mauresmo on a good day
Angelle1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #184
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
I guess I'd be Wozniacki, I'm very good defensively and I have a good backhand. My serve is average and I still have to learn to attack more with my forehand. I come to the net occasionally, not that often. Also, I'm trying to get the backhand slice into my game, but still practicing on that
This was my post from August last year, lol so much has changed in my game My forehand has actually become a weapon, tried a new swinging motion and now I got it. I can hit it pretty flat and it can do some damage. I now kind of master the backhand slice but still need to improve. Also my serve has improved so much I have a kind of Serena like serve motion I guess. But I don't know for sure I should let someone film me once I managed to get a lot more racquet headspeed on the ball. My next goals are to improve my backhand slice, 2nd serve and forehand dropshot

So I'm not really a Wozniacki anymore, I'm kind of a ballbasher now
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Eguchi - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #185
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

My service motion is slowly becoming more like Hantuchova's. Sometimes I do the long take back like Goerges's except my coach tells me not to (even though I could get good serves from it )

I'm slowly becoming like Kerber with my groundstrokes and movement.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #186
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen tape of my own game and my forehand looks a lot like Capriati's. I can't really compare everything else to a pro's technique

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #187
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

My fh and bh is Venus all the way. My game, well I attempt to play like Davenport minus a big serve because mines is crap. I hit hard and deep down the middle, especially on hot days because I hate all the running and my movement is crap anyway.

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #188
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

I have an exasperated service motion and crazy on court routines. SO that probably puts me in the Bartoli category.

I don't hit two hands on both wings though.
My forehand is similar to Stosur's, I often run round it.
By results i'm more like Simone Kalhorn to be honest

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #189
country flag Racket Stringer

Racket Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say I'm most like Lleyton Hewitt!
Racket Stringer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:37 AM   #190
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Omg as much as I hate to say it but it is very similar to Oudins!!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 05:33 AM   #191
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
Omg as much as I hate to say it but it is very similar to Oudins!!
Poor thing
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM   #192
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm literally like a male version of Wozniacki these days
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #193
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Like Lucic, but with a crappy serve, less reliable forehand, 1/2 as powerful (which is quite powerful actually), and overall more erratic than hers

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:39 AM   #194
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Poor thing
She's not that bad

When my game is on (very rarely) I guess I play similar to..hmm I'm trying to think of a male player but idrk any that i play like

Ill have to do some research
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #195
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

My game resembles Tsonga's the most. I've got a good serve (In comparison to the people i play against), Good Volleys, Good forehand, but a terrible backhand. My ROS is not so good either. So i guess that sounds like Tsonga

My on court attitude and demeanor is more comparable to Del Potro. Generally calm, don't get worked up, and i tend to show a lot of class during the handshake. I've even got a simular grunt to Del Po (Though i don't grunt often. Just when i'm behind, or it's a really close match, just to add some intensity to my shots)