WWW: Peak Kuznetsova vs. Peak Mauresmo - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW

Peak Kuznetsova 35 53.03%
Peak Mauresmo 31 46.97%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #16
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW: Peak Kuznetsova vs. Peak Mauresmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
I didnt get the impression the thread was talking about matchups though. When a peak Federer vs peak Nadal thread comes up Federer wins in a landslide, but obviously people arent voting on matchups as otherwise the votes would never go that way (unless people are delusional).

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #17
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didnt get the impression the thread was talking about matchups though. When a peak Federer vs peak Nadal thread comes up Federer wins in a landslide, but obviously people arent voting on matchups as otherwise the votes would never go that way (unless people are delusional).
the thread title is PEAK Kuznetsova vs Mauresmo , it implies "who will beat who at their peak"

same for Peak Hingis vs Peak Sharapova etc

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #18
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Well even in that case in a slam final I would take Mauresmo anyday. Kuznetsova didnt play amazing tennis in any of her slam finals, even the 2 she won the talk was only about how crappy her opponents were and how they played, not how great she played. No she would not beat the Mauresmo of the 2006 Australian or Wimbledon finals, the 2004 Wimbledon semis (despite losing, mostly due to her massive mental block with Serena), or the 2005 WTA Championships final with the tennis she ever played in a major final. Her best ever tennis in her career has been in non slam events. Maybe in a tier 1 final Kuznetsova would have a decent chance, but I value who would win in the biggest matches much more.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #19
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
From a career standpoint they're dead even for me. Mauresmo had more titles (and more impressive scalps in the slams), Kuznetsova has more slam finals. I always felt that we never truly saw what either of them was capable of because of their lack of killer instinct. It was inspiring to see both of them hit through their nerves (Mauresmo against Sharapova at Wimbledon sticks out, as does Kuznetsova beating Serena at the French Open), but for me it didn't happen as much as it probably should have.

I say Kuznetsova wins this "PEAK!!!111" match up. She had a more reliable serve, more overall firepower and she's no slouch in the variety department either. Plus Kuznetsova beat Mauresmo comprehensively three times in 2006 (far and away the Frenchwoman's best season).

It also bums me out that I keep talking about Kuznetsova like she's already retired.
Mauresmo beat her in 2004 and 2009 arguably Kuznetsova's best years.

Anyway this is not Mauresmo vs Kuznetsova had to head comparisson, but against the whole field and performance, and Mauresmo wins this one, as she was dominating in one season and she was able to get to number one. Kuznetsova did not.

Consistency nod goes to Mauresmo as well. Kuznetsova 2 seasons in top the 5, Mauresmo 4, 5 Season in top ten to Mauresmo's 7 seasons.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #20
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #21
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about match ups here. Mauresmo's ball sat up nicely for Kuznetsova to hit. Look at their 2006 meetings. Both players playing consistently at or near their best for the most part of the year and Kuznetsova goes 3-0 without dropping a set. Not a coincidence.

That's not to say that Mauresmo hasn't had the better career, of course she has, but as far as a peak vs peak match goes, the answer is Kuznetsova.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #22
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why couldnt Kuznetsova beat a good player in a slam final like Mauresmo was able to. In fact the 2 slam finals she did play an actual good opponent, indicate she was completely incapable of doing so.

Because Kuznetsova wasn't so lucky to face an ill opponent the first time she won a Slam and an exhausted opponent the second time.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #23
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Kuznetsova would win IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post

Anyway this is not Mauresmo vs Kuznetsova had to head comparisson, but against the whole field and performance, and Mauresmo wins this one, as she was dominating in one season and she was able to get to number one. Kuznetsova did not.

Mauresmo was never dominating in one season.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #24
country flag legalise#
17 and counting!

legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future legalise# has a brilliant future

Peak Mauresmo is an interesting thing because she always got nervous in big situations, no matter how well she was playing. Peak Kuznetsova would probably take advantage of that and win.
legalise# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #25
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

Peak Kuznetsova is as good as anyone else, but how many times have we witnessed that? Plus Mauresmo has better achievements, so...
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #26
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

On clay: Kuzzy
On grass: Mauresmo
On hard: Kuzzy 60%

So Kuzzy
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #27
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post

Consistency nod goes to Mauresmo as well. Kuznetsova 2 seasons in top the 5, Mauresmo 4, 5 Season in top ten to Mauresmo's 7 seasons.
Um no. It's who would win in a match if the two of them played their best.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM   #28
country flag alfonsojose

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Sveta ?
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #29
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I believe that at their peaks, Kuzzy is the better plays. Why? Because as good as Mauresmo is, even on her very best day, she was playable. Kuzzy is not.
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM   #30
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post
Personally, I believe that at their peaks, Kuzzy is the better plays. Why? Because as good as Mauresmo is, even on her very best day, she was playable. Kuzzy is not.
Dont make me laugh. Name me any matches or tournaments Kuznetsova was unplayable. It sure as hell wasnt either of the 2 slams she won. Davenport would have thumped her in the 2004 U.S Open semis, as she did the first set, had she not reagravated an old injury and been hobbling around the court the last 2 sets (still went up 3-0 in the 3rd). The French Open she won Serena played like crap in her match with Kuznetsova and was still up 3-1, 40-0 in the 3rd set and choked. Even Miami 2006 which was IMO her best tournament ever a past her prime Hingis very nearly beat her in the quarters. Someone like Henin who is 17-3 vs Kuznetsova is certain to beat Kuznetsova in any form, as long as she herself is at atleast 70%. There are others who own Kuznetsova in a similar way that is probably true of.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote